Hello and welcome to this post on the best gyms in Miami. It will only take us a few minutes to cover the local fitness scene in full detail which is the main objective of this post.
We will go ahead and begin with the best Miami gyms since they are likely why you found our site in the first place. Once they are out of the way we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in the city.
Following that we will get into the best yoga and pilates studios in your area. A couple of types of fitness that are trending upwards are workout bootcamps and barre exercises so they will need to be broken down also.
When the weather is nice you may want to head outdoors so we will list plenty of good outdoor recreations areas in the region that will be perfect for that. And we will end this with the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you.
But before we wrap it all up there will be a local fitness map to help you get a better understanding of where all these places are. You can look through more of our guides for cities in the Southeast if you are interested.
Best Gyms In Miami
When you are ready for your next work out go to one of these best gyms in Miami:
- Shula’s Athletic Club at 15150 Bull Run Rd
- Jose Marti Gym at 434 S.W. 3rd Ave
- Scott Rakow Youth Center at 2700 Sheridan Ave
- Miami Beach JCC at 4221 Pine Tree Dr
- Doral West SuperSport at 1970 NW 117th Pl
- The Edge Rock Gym at 13972 SW 139th Ct
- Flagler Village CrossFit at 405 NE 8th St, Fort Lauderdale
- Pembroke Pines YMCA at 501 SW 172nd Ave, Pembroke Pines
- Coral Gables Youth Center at 405 University Dr, Coral Gables
- Herbert Wellness Center at 1241 Dickinson Dr, Coral Gables
We don’t all have free time on the same schedules and anyone that needs a 24 hour gym near you can head to Doral West SuperSport. You should find a pool for swimming laps and a basketball court at Jose Marti Gym, Doral West SuperSport, Scott Rakow Youth Center, the Pembroke Pines YMCA, and The JCC.
Zumba or some kind of aerobic dance classes are available at Shula’s Athletic Club, UFC Gym Kendall, and The JCC. In our opinion the best indoor rock climbing gym in your area is The Edge.
And any parents who need childcare while they work out can find it at Pembroke Pines YMCA, the Scott Rakow Youth Center, and Coral Gables Youth Center
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
The classes at these indoor cycling and spinning studios near you can help you lose weight quick:
- RedBike Studios at 1399 SW 1st Ave
- SoulCycle Brickell at 25 SW 9th #G102
- Ride Element at 3496 NE 12th Ave, Fort Lauderdale
You will definitely enjoy the cardio at those indoor cycling studios. Plus there are group spinning classes at Shula’s Athletic Club, UFC Gym Kendall, The JCC, Pembroke Pines YMCA, and Doral West SuperSport.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
If you have dreams of being the next world champ head to one of these boxing and MMA gyms:
- SolBox Fitness Club at 7101 N Miami Ave
- South Beach Boxing at 715 Washington Ave
- UFC Gym Kendall at 8851 SW 107th Ave
- Fitbox Method at 1756 N. Bayshore Dr #119
- Freestyle Fighting Academy at 1423 SW 107th Ave
- American Top Team at 582 SW Flagler Ave, Fort Lauderdale
We considered putting UFC Gym Kendall in the initial best Miami gyms list because they offer all kinds of group fitness classes.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Miami
There are certainly many options but in our opinion the best Miami yoga and pilates studios would be:
- Green Monkey at 1800 Bay Rd #201
- Nobe Yoga at 214 67th St
- Miami Life Center at 736 Sixth St
- Sanctuary 7 Pilates at 1700 SW 3rd Ave
- Sensory Fitness at 8790 SW 132nd St
- Club Pilatesa t 117 SW 10th St #103
- Solid Core at 135 NE 32nd St
- Yoga Joint at 299 N Federal Hwy, Fort Lauderdale
Shula’s Athletic Club and UFC Gym Kendall also have both yoga and pilates classes in your area. Plus there are more group yoga lessons at The Edge Rock Gym, Pembroke Pines YMCA, Herbert Wellness Center, and Doral West SuperSport.
The thing is, there are way too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know which you will prefer. The above studios should cover just about all of your needs.
These workout bootcamps should be able to provide the extra lift to get you through it:
- Legacy Fit at 77 NE 24th St
- B-Fit at 5080 Biscayne Blvd #1-B
- Sweat 440 at 25 SW 9th St #G100
- Anatomy at 3415 NE 2nd Ave
- Barry’s Bootcamp at 1835 Purdy Ave
You can also try out the workout bootcamps at Shula’s Athletic Club from our best gyms near you list.
These barre exercise studios are a great place to get a toned body:
- Pure Barre at 205 Altara Ave, Coral Gables
- The Bar Method at 5966 South Dixie Highway #108
- The Barre Code at 2063 Biscayne Blvd #C301
- Pure Barre at 2408 N Federal Hwy, Fort Lauderdale
Outside of those studios you can try out the barre fitness classes at UFC Gym Kendall.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
When the weather is nice you can go hiking, ride bikes, or just be active at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- David T. Kennedy Park
- Oleta River State Park
- Greynolds Park
- Bill Baggs Cape Florida
- Bill Sadowski Park
- Black Creek Trail
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Miami
There will be all kinds of new gear and equipment at these sporting goods stores in Miami:
- Midway Sports at 6400 S Dixie Hwy #4
- Sportive at 7535 N Kendall Dr #2440
- Mike’s Pro Shop at 9275 SW 40th St
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 11900 Mills Dr
- Bass Pro Shop at 200 Gulf Stream Way, Dania Beach
- No Boundaries Sport at 220 Aragon Ave, Coral Gables
Home Gym Equipment Near You
You can get quality products at a good price when shopping at Best Used Gym Equipment at 1195 NW 71st St. Of course there will be more home gym and fitness equipment at many of the above sporting goods stores in your area.
In the past we have also written about:
- Bootcamps, Barre, & Yoga in Cape Coral & Fort Myers
- Bootcamps, Barre, & Yoga in Tampa Bay
- Bootcamps, Barre, & Yoga in Orlando
- Bootcamps, Barre, & Yoga in Port St. Lucie
Enjoy Working Out At Miami Gyms
Now that you have read about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be sky high. It would really help us and all of our readers out if you would use the comments to let us know if there is anything wrong on this page or to share your own local fitness tips.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Miami or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.