This post on the best gyms in Asheville will try to cover everything you need to know about working out near you. Within a few short minutes you should have a lot better understanding of the scene in full.
Our first section will be all about the best gyms in Asheville, but after that we still will have a lot to get to. We will mention the best places to go for spinning and indoor cycling, as well as the best boxing and MMA gyms you will find here.
Up next here at BestGymsNearYou will get into the best pilates and yoga studios in your area. Other topics on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will be discussed too.
Of course you don’t always need to go to the gym to get a sweat in so some of the top outdoor recreation areas in the city will get their own section. And following all of that we will talk about where you can buy sporting goods and home gym equipment in Asheville.
We have a lot to get to so we better get started.
Best Gyms In Asheville
Here is our list of the best gyms in Asheville for working out:
- Biltmore Fitness at 711 Biltmore Ave
- YWCA of Asheville at 185 S French Broad Ave
- Asheville Racquet Club at 1 Resort Dr
- JCC of Asheville at 236 Charlotte St
- Reuter YMCA at 3 Town Square Blvd
- Asheville YMCA at 30 Woodfin St
- Gold’s Gym at 801 Fairview Rd
- Asheville Family Fitness at 149 New Leicester Hwy
- Anytime Fitness at 805 Patton Ave
- Summit Crossfit at 21 McArthur Ln #A
- Climbmax Climbing Downtown at 43 Wall St
- Hendersonville Family YMCA at 810 6th Ave W, Hendersonville
- Planet Fitness at 637 Spartanburg Hwy, Hendersonville
Those of you who need a 24 hour gym can go to Anytime Fitness. Asheville Racquet Club has zumba classes and even indoor soccer at their two locations in the metro area. They also offer tennis and soccer camps for kids.
The YWCA gym has childcare and they also have zumba, while the Asheville Family Fitness Center is a great place to go if you need physical therapy and has special strength training courses for people over 50.
Summit Crossfit has 6 classes throughout the day for you to choose from. If you need both a pool and basketball court then the YMCA’s and the Racquet Club have you covered.
You can find a pool at the YWCA, the JCC, and Gold’s Gym. Climbmax is where you can go for an indoor climbing gym.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
Some of the best spinning and indoor cycling classes for cardio in your area can be found at Joyryder at 14 Lodge Street. Asheville Racquet Club and the YWCA from the main list both have spinning classes.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
Fighting can be another great way to get some cardio and the best boxing and MMA gyms in Asheville are:
- Rogue Combat Club at 811 Tunnel Rd
- Sun Soo Martial Arts at 800 Fairview Rd #D2
- American Top Team at 375 Rockwood Rd, Arden
Rogue Combat offers kids classes as well as muay thai, jiu-jitsu, kickboxing and wrestling. Sun Soo and American Top Team offer MMA classes for all ages.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Asheville
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios near you like:
- Asheville Yoga Center at 211 South Liberty St
- Community Yoga at 8 Brookdale Rd
- Hot Yoga Asheville at 802 Fairview Rd #100
- West Asheville Yoga at 602 Haywood Rd
- Club Pilates at 28 Schenck Pkwy #155
- Happy Body at 1378 Hendersonville Rd e2
- Rise: Authentic Pilates at 90 Patton Ave #206
You can also find yoga classes at Asheville Racquet Club, Asheville Family Fitness and the YWCA which has pilates as well. You can also get vinyasa posing lessons at Hendersonville YMCA, and many of the above offer vinyasa, kundalini, and other popular posing techniques.
Not all of the classes at Hot Yoga are heated, but many of them are.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to workout bootcamps and some of the best in town are:
- Hard Exercise Works at 1636 Hendersonville Rd #195
- Burn Boot Camp at 100 Julian Shoals Dr #20, Arden
You may remember them from the best gyms near you list but Asheville Family Fitness has an aqua bootcamp that may interest you.
Pure Barre located at 1863 Hendersonville Rd is where you can go to try barre exercises in your area.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
As we mentioned before the gyms in Asheville are not the only places to workout. Many people prefer to run or ride bikes outside and some great places for outdoor recreation in your area are:
- DuPont State Forest
- Blue Ridge Parkway
- Craggy Gardens Pinnacle
- North Carolina Arboretum
- Chimney Rock State Park
- French Broad River
- Nantahala River
- Biltmore Estate
- Stone Mountain Loop Trail
- Roan Mountain Highlands
- Pisgah National Forest
- Bald Knob Ridge Trail
- Bent Creek Experimental Forest
Pretty much all of the above will be great for running, hiking, or bicycling. Dupont State Forest is such a beautiful place that it has been the backdrop of multiple major movies.
If you want to go rafting do so at French Broad River.
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Asheville
You may need to buy some things that will help you workout or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Asheville are:
- Black Dome Mountain Sports at 140 Tunnel Rd
- French Broad Outfitters at 704 Riverside Dr
- Second Gear at 444 Haywood Rd
- Hunter Banks at 29 Montford Ave
- Jus & Running at 523 Merrimon Ave
- Sportsman’s Warehouse at 800 Brevard Rd #901
- Rei at 31 Schenck Pkwy
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 107 A River Hills Rd
- Dunham’s Sports at 1800 4 Seasons Blvd, Hendersonville
Home Gym Equipment
Those sporting goods stores will likely have some home gym equipment, but you can also find more at:
- Little’s Fitness Equipment at 5C Woodland Dr
- Carolina Fitness Equipment at 2 Business Park Circle, Arden
By the way you can also check out our:
In case you want to compare the fitness options here to others in the region.
Enjoy Working Out At Asheville Gyms
Well guys, for now that is all that we have to mention in this post. After reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you you should feel a lot better about what comes next. We will come back to update this page a couple times a year so that these lists stay fresh.
If you think we got something wrong or if you have any of your own fitness tips to add please use the comments at the bottom of this post to let us know. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Asheville or working out in whichever way you prefer.