Thanks for checking out this post on the best gyms in Jacksonville. Our goal is to cover as much as we can about working out near you in as short amount of a time as possible.
Since the majority of you are here for the best Jacksonville gyms we will list and discuss them first. Once they are out of the way we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in the area.
Pilates and yoga studios near you will come next and we are sure plenty of you are here to learn more about them. Other trending subjects on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will get their own sections as well.
When the weather is nice you may prefer to work out under the sun so the top outdoor recreations areas in the area will get a shout out. And finally the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will take us out of here.
Those that are curious can check out our other local fitness guides for the Southeast at that link.
Best Gyms In Jacksonville
These best gyms in x are great spots to go for a quality workout:
- LA Fitness at 11901 Atlantic Blvd #800
- Brooks Family YMCA at 10423 Centurion Pkwy N
- Bailey’s Health & Fitness at 13164 Atlantic Blvd #2
- Snap Fitness at 2216 Oak St
- Cecil Gym & Fitness Center at 13531 Lake Newman St
- Anytime Fitness at 5613-2 San Jose Blvd
- Planet Fitness at 14858 Old St Augustine Rd
- CrossFit Total Control at 1074 10th Ave S
- The Edge Rock Gym at 3563 Philips Hwy #702
- Ponte Vedra YMCA at 170 Landrum Ln, Ponte Vedra Beach
- Barco-Newton Family YMCA at 2075 Town Center Blvd, Orange Park
We don’t all work out at the same time and anyone that wants a 24 hour gym near you can head to Snap Fitness, Anytime Fitness, or Planet Fitness. Those who would like both a pool for swimming laps and a basketball court can sign up for LA Fitness, Cecil Gym, or the YMCA’s.
Zumba or group aerobic dance classes can be found at Bailey’s Health & Fitness and the YMCA’s. CrossFit Total Control and the YMCA’s can provide childcare while you workout.
The Edge would get the nod for best indoor rock climbing gym in town.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
Indoor cycling and spinning studios near you are one of the most popular way to get your cardio these days:
Additional group spinning classes are available at the YMCA’s and Bailey’s Health & Fitness.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
For serious training try out these boxing and MMA gyms:
- 9Round at 12226 Beach Blvd #8
- Title Boxing Club at 14286 Beach Blvd #40
- Bill Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Association at 11701 San Jose Blvd #24
- Jax Muay Thai at 14255 Beach Blvd
- Gracie Jiu-Jitsu at 9759 San Jose Blvd #3
- Gracie Barra at 8570 Philips Hwy #102
- 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu at 4849 Dawin Rd #2
If all you are interested is the cardio then the group boxing classes at Bailey’s Health & Fitness will get you in shape real quick also.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Jacksonville
One of our more popular sections, here are the best yoga and pilates studios near you:
- Yoga Den Studio at 8789 San Jose Blvd
- Big Fish Yoga at 3852 South Third St
- Hot Spot Power Yoga at 1533 San Marco Blvd
- Red Skies Yoga at 4788 Hodges Blvd #206
- Bikram Yoga Jacksonville at 353B 6th Avenue S
- Everbalance Yoga Barre Pilates at 5298 Sunbeam Rd
- Tehila’s Pilates at 1250 McDuff Ave S
The YMCA’s also have group yoga and pilates classes, while The Edge and Bailey’s Health & Fitness have yoga lessons. Look, there are far too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know exactly what you are after.
The links to the above studios should help you end up in the right place.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to workout bootcamps and some of the best in town are:
- The Camp Transformation Center at 7999 Philips Hwy #104
- St Johns Bluff Fit Body Boot Camp at 2375 St Johns Bluff Rd S #206
- Philips Hwy Fit Body Boot Camp at 11035 Philips Hwy
We also know that they have workout bootcamps at the Ponte Vedra YMCA.
Pure Barre at 1615 Hendricks Ave #101 is a really nice barre exercise studio in the area. You can also try the group barre fitness classes at Bailey’s Health & Fitness, the YMCA’s, and Everbalance from the yoga and pilates list also specializes in barre workouts.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
Sometimes you may want to try hiking, riding bikes, or just being active at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Fort Caroline National Memorial
- Ponte Vedra Beach
- Jacksonville Beach
- Big Talbot Island State Park
- Jacksonville Arboreteum & Gardens
- Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park
- Huguenot Park
- Memorial Park
- Timucuan Ecological & Historic Preserve
- Little Talbot Island State Park
- Southbank Riverwalk
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Jacksonville
When it is time to buy new gear or equipment visit one of these Jacksonvillesporting goods stores:
- Baker’s Sporting Goods at 3600 Beachwood Court
- 1st Place Sports Running at 3931 Baymeadows Rd
- Hibbett Sports at 6733 103rd St
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 10390 Mid Town Pkwy
- Sports Mania at 1246 3rd St S
- Edwin Watts Golf at 4082 3rd St S
- Academy Sports + Outdoors at 661 Blanding Blvd, Orange Park
Home Gym Equipment
You will be able to find a ton of home gym equipment at First Place Fitness Equipment located at 10290 Philips Hwy #1. The above listed sporting goods stores are also places to buy home gym equipment.
By the way we have also written about:
- All of the Best Gyms in Orlando
- All of the Best Gyms in Tampa Bay & St Petersburg
- All of the Best Gyms in Miami
- All of the Best Gyms in Atlanta
Enjoy Working Out At Jacksonville Gyms
Well guys, for now that is about all we know. After reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you you should feel a lot better about what comes next. We will be back often to update this page so that these lists stay fresh.
Our readers would really appreciate it if you would let us know if we said anything incorrect or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Jacksonville or working out in whichever way you prefer.