Today we will be discussing the best gyms in Memphis and just about all there is to know about working out near you. We know your time can’t be wasted so we will get right to it.
We can’t think of a more practical way to begin then by listing the best Memphis gyms. Once they have been covered in full we will be moving on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes, as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
Local pilates and yoga studios will come next and we know many of you are curious about them. As the post progresses more topics on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will get a shout out.
The gym is great but so is getting a little sun so the top outdoor recreations areas in the region will be listed. And the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will take us out of here.
Those that are interested can check out our other posts on the Southeast at that link.
Best Gyms In Memphis
When you want to get a great workout head to one of these best gyms in Memphis:
- Kroc Center at 800 E Pkwy S
- Fogelman Downtown YMCA at 245 Madison Ave
- JCC of Memphis at 6560 Poplar Ave
- JW Fitness at 6161 Shelby Oaks Dr
- LA Fitness at 4572 Poplar Ave
- ATC Fitness at 6542 Quince Rd
- Memphis Rox at 879 E McLemore Ave
- Bartlett Recreation Center at 7700 Flaherty Pl, Bartlett
- Germantown Athletic Club at 1801 Exeter Rd, Germantown
- Life Time Fitness at 3470 S Houston Levee Rd, Germantown
- DAC Fitness at 3146 Goodman Rd, Southaven
- DAC Fitness at 440 West Powell Road, Collierville
For a 24 hour gym near you head to ATC Fitness. The Kroc Center, JCC, and Fogelman YMCA should have both a pool for swimming laps and basketball court available.
You can find group zumba or aerobic dance classes Fogelman YMCA, Germantown Athletic Club, and both DAC Fitness locations. Memphis Rox would be the best indoor rock climbing gym in your area.
And anyone who needs childcare while they workout can get it at the Kroc Center, Fogelman YMCA, the JCC, Bartlett Recreation Center, and both DAC Fitness locations.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
The best dedicated indoor cycling studio in your area that we know of is Cyclebar at 588 Cooper St. You could also try the group spinning classes at Louis T. Fogelman YMCA, the JCC, Bartlett Recreation Center, Germantown Athletic Club, and both DAC Fitness locations.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
Those who aspire to be the next world champion can get the training they need at these boxing and MMA gyms:
- Memphis Fitness Kickboxing at 2183 Young Ave
- Memphis Judo & Jiu Jitsu at 7859 US-64 #102
- TNT Martial Arts at 5101 Sanderlin Ave
If you just want to get a sweat in the cardio boxing classes at Louis T. Fogelman YMCA, Germantown Athletic Club, and both DAC Fitness locations should be plenty good enough.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Memphis
We are sure that most of you would enjoy these Memphis yoga or pilates studios:
- Delta Groove Yoga at 2091 Madison Ave
- Bikram Yoga at 2105 Madison Ave #205
- Better Bodies Yoga at 692 West Brookhaven Circle
- Hotworx at 431 S Highland St #118
- Your Inner Yogi at 10 N 2nd St #102
- Club Pilates at 6300 Poplar Ave #103
Additionally the Fogelman YMCA, the JCC, and both DAC Fitness locations offer group yoga and pilates classes. More yoga lessons are available at Germantown Athletic Club and Life Time Fitness.
Look, there are tons of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more so we really don’t know which you prefer. The links to the above studios should help you end up in the right place.
Envision at 149 Monroe Ave is a good local workout bootcamp. The Fogelman YMCA and both DAC Fitness locations also put on workout bootcamps.
Barre exercises are getting more popular by the day and good places to try them out are:
You can also try out the group barre exercise classes in your area at the Fogelman YMCA, the JCC, and Germantown Athletic Club.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
When you want to get some sun you can go hiking, running, or riding bikes outside of the best gyms in Memphis at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Shelby Farms Park
- Meeman-Shelby Forest State Park
- Tom Lee Park
- Memphis Botanic Garden
- Big River Crossing
- Wolf River
- Greenbelt Park
- Mud Island River Park
- Lichterman Nature Center
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Memphis
These Memphis sporting goods stores are great places to buy new gear or equipment:
- Tnc Sports at 2829 Bartlett Blvd
- Trigon Sports International at 488 Cumberland St
- Pedaltown Bicycle Company at 2547 Broad Ave
- Grivet Outdoors at 2164 Young Ave
- Bass Pro Shops at 1 Bass Pro Dr
- Nike Clearance Store at 4099 S Plaza Dr
- Chads Pro Shop at 6276 Stage Rd #2, Bartlet
- Bikes Plus at 7124 Hwy 64 Stage Rd Ste 115, Bartlett
- Sportsman’s Warehouse at 130 Marathon Way, Southaven
- College Station at 4674 Merchants Park Cir, Collierville
- Breakaway Running at 1223 S Germantown Rd, Germantown
Home Gym Equipment Near You
You can probably find some at those sporting goods stores we just listed, but you can also buy home gym equipment in your area at:
In case you might be interested we have also discussed:
- Barre, Yoga, & Boxing in Nashville
- Barre, Yoga, & Boxing in New Orleans
- Barre, Yoga, & Boxing in Jackson
- Barre, Yoga, & Boxing in Little Rock
Enjoy Working Out At Memphis Gyms
After reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be sky high. It would really help both us and our readers if you could let us know if we said anything incorrect or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Memphis or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.