Hello and welcome to this post on the best gyms in Worcester. Our main objective is to cover the local fitness scene as well as possible.
Let’s begin with the best Worcester gyms since they are likely why you found our site in the first place. Once they have been listed and discussed in full we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
Up next we will get into the best yoga and pilates studios in the city. A couple of types of fitness that are trending upwards are workout bootcamps and barre exercises so they will need to be broken down also.
When the weather is nice you may want to head outdoors so we will list plenty of good outdoor recreations areas in the region that will be perfect for that. And we will end this with the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you.
But before we wrap it all up there will be a local fitness map to help you get a better understanding of where all these places are. You can look through more of our posts on the Northeast if you are interested.
Best Gyms In Worcester
When you are ready for your next work out go to one of these best gyms in Worcester:
- Worcester Fitness at 440 Grove St #1
- Greendale YMCA at 75 Shore Dr
- Central Community YMCA at 766 Main St
- Central Mass YWCA at 1 Salem Square
- Worcester JCC at 633 Salisbury St
- Anytime Fitness at 386 Shrewsbury St
- Crunch Fitness at 40 Millbrook St
- Central Rock Gym at 299 Barber Ave
- Global Fitness Center at 215 Hamilton St, Leominster
- Leominster YMCA at 108 Adams St, Leominster
- Planet Fitness at 975 Merriam Ave #139, Leominster
- Orangetheory Fitness at 82 Orchard Hill Park Dr, Leominster
- Atck Fitness at 24 John Fitch Hwy, Fitchburg
- Crunch Fitness at 130 Water St, Fitchburg
- Montachusett YMCA at 55 Wallace Ave, Fitchburg
Anytime Fitness and Planet Fitness are two high quality 24 hour gyms near you. There should be a pool for swimming laps and a basketball court available at the YMCA’s, the YWCA, and the JCC.
You can try your hand at zumba or group aerobic dance classes at Central Mass YWCA, both Crunch Fitness locations, Global Fitness Center, Greendale YMCA, Central YMCA, Leominster YMCA, and Orangetheory Fitness.
Central Rock Gym would get our vote for best indoor rock climbing gym in your area. Parents who need childcare provided while they work out can get it at Worcester Fitness, Central Mass YWCA, the JCC, and the YMCA’s.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
Move Fitness & Training at 100 Barber Ave is a really good indoor cycling studio. Plus some of the best gyms near you have group spinning classes like Worcester Fitness, Greendale YMCA, Central YMCA, Leominster YMCA, The JCC, and both Crunch Fitness locations.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
If you have dreams of being the next world champ head to one of these boxing and MMA gyms:
- 9round Fitness at 65 James St
- Worcester MMA at 3 Brussels St #316
- Team Link Muay Thai at 121 Water St
Those who aren’t after a belt will probably be satisfied with the cardio boxing classes at Global Fitness Center and Atck Fitness as well.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Worcester
There are certainly many options but in our opinion the best yoga and pilates studios near you would be:
- Hot Power Yoga Center at 1438 Grafton St
- Kula Yoga & Wellness at 1094 Pleasant St
- Flowforms Yoga at 100A June St
- Revitalize Massage & Yoga at 641 W Boylston St
- Hot Yoga Auburn at 567 Southbridge St, Auburn
- Bodymind Balance at 102 Grove St
There are more yoga and pilates classes available at Worcester Fitness, Central Mass YWCA, and the Greendale YMCA. Additionally you can find more group yoga lessons at both Crunch Fitness locations and Central Rock Gym while there are also pilates lessons at The JCC.
The thing is, there are way too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know which you will prefer. The above studios should cover just about all of your needs.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to workout bootcamps and some of the top choices in the area are:
You can also find workout bootcamps at some of the spots in our best gyms list like Worcester Fitness, Central Mass YWCA, The JCC, both Crunch Fitness locations, Central YMCA, and Global Fitness Center.
These barre exercise studios are a great place to get a toned body:
Outside of those studios you can also check out the barre fitness classes at Worcester Fitness and the Central Mass YWCA.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
On a sunny day why not go hiking, ride bikes, or just be active at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Institute Park
- Green Hill Park Farm
- Broad Brook Meadow Conservation Area
- Greylock Park
- Cristoforo Colombo Park
- Beaver Brook Park
- Elm Park
- Quinsigamond State Park
- Tower Hill Botanic Garden
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Worcester
You may need to buy some things that will help you work out or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Worcester are:
- Kleen ‘n Hard Sports at 70 James St #111C
- Sneakerama at 12 Lake Ave
- Strand’s Ski Shop at 1 W Boylston Dr
- Barney’s Bicycle at 582 Park Ave
- Fritz’s Bicycle Shop at 328 W Boylston St
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 541E Lincoln St
- High Country Work Wear at 155 Hamilton St, Leominster
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 56 Orchard Hill Park Dr, Leominster
Home Gym Equipment
Those sporting goods stores will likely have some home gym equipment, but you can also find more at:
- Fit Equipment Etc at 243 Boston Turnpike, Shrewsbury
- Precision Fitness Equipment at 771 Southbridge St
- JPS Fitness Equipment Services at 53 St Louis St
JPS isn’t actually a place to buy home gym equipment. Instead they are who you can call to try to repair damaged home fitness equipment.
By the way we have also written about:
- Working Out at Boston Gyms
- Working Out at Providence Gyms
- Working Out at Springfield Gyms
- Working Out at Hartford Gyms
Enjoy Working Out At Worcester Gyms
We wish we had more to offer but for now that is all we’ve got. Now that you know about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you there are no more excuses.
It would really help us and all of our readers out if you would use the comments to let us know if there is anything wrong on this page or to share your own local fitness tips. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Worcester or working out in whichever way you prefer.