In this post the best gyms in Hartford plus all the things we know about working out near you will be discussed in full detail. We know your time is of utmost importance so we will do our best not to ramble.
Diving right in to the best Hartford gyms seems like the right way to get this one going. Up next we will talk about the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes, and our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area will get a shout out as well.
We know many of you are going to be interested in the best local pilates and yoga studios. As we continue to move forward other subjects on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will be covered too.
The gym is great but isn’t your only option for cardio so there will be a lengthy list of the top outdoor recreations areas in the region. And to finish things off we will tell you about the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you.
The Northeast is an area that we have written about many times on our site.
Best Gyms In Hartford
Here is our list of the best gyms in Hartford for working out:
- Downtown Branch YMCA at 90 State House Square
- Hartford Sweat at 777 Main St
- Wilson-Gray Youth & Family Center at 444 Albany Ave
- Mandell JCC Fitness Center at 95 Woodland St #3
- Planet Fitness at 265 Ellington Rd
- Anytime Fitness at 340 N Main St
- WIP Fitness at 485 New Park Ave #P
- Club Fitness at 1064 Main St
- Freeman Athletic Center at 161 Cross St, Middletown
- Club 24 Concept Gyms at 651 S Main St, Middletown
- Northern Middlesex County YMCA at 99 Union St, Middletown
- Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness at 375 E Cedar St, Newington
- Big Sky at 58 Commerce Ct, Newington
Those who want a local 24 hour gym will need to go to Anytime Fitness. For a pool and a basketball court try any of the YMCA’s, Wilson-Gray Youth & Family Center, or the JCC.
There are group zumba and aerobic dance classes at just about all of the above. You can get childcare while you workout at the YMCA’s, Wilson-Gray Youth and Family Center, the JCC, and Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
There are many great spinning and indoor cycling classes for cardio in your area and some of the best are:
- Empowered Indoor Cycling Studio at 345R New London Turnpike #1a, Glastonbury
- Cyclebar at 55 Memorial Rd
There are also group spinning classes at Wilson-Gray Center, The JCC, Club Fitness, Freeman Athletic Center, Big Sky, and the YMCA’s.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
Fighting is also great cardio and the best boxing and MMA gyms near you are:
- Bare Bones Boxing at 826 Silver Ln
- Plus One Defense Systems at 9 Tolles St
- Underdog Mixed Martial Arts at 23A Andover Dr
- Knockout Fitness at 20 Jefferson Ave #3
- Manchester Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu at 60b Progress Dr, Manchester
If all you care about is the cardio the YMCA’s, Wilson-Gray Center, Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness, and Big Sky have local group boxing classes.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Hartford
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios in Hartford like:
- Hartford Sweat at 777 Main St
- West Hartford Yoga at 23 Brook St
- Total Body Pilates & Yoga at 2074 Park St #207
- Fuller Yoga Pilates & Barre at 39 New London Turnpike #301, Glastonbury
More group yoga and pilates classes in your area can be found at the Wilson-Gray Center, the JCC, Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness, Big Sky and the YMCA’s. If you are after any specific pose or technique follows those links until you end up on the right studio for you.
As much as we would like to give more detail when there are so many poses including vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more it is impossible for us to break it all down.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to local workout bootcamps and you can find some here like:
- Wip Fitness at 485 New Park Ave #P
- BodyRoc FitLab at 641 New Park Ave
Once again the YMCA’s, Wilson-Gray Center, and Club Fitness also offer workout bootcamps.
Barre exercises are getting more popular by the day and good places to try them out are:
- Pure Barre at 115 Memorial Rd
- Tribe at 1003 Farmington Ave #E
Fuller Yoga Pilates & Barre is obviously another good choice, and there are popular barre workouts at Hartford Sweat as well.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
You can workout pretty much anywhere so you don’t always have to go to the gym. Many people prefer to run or ride bikes when the weather is nice and some great places for outdoor recreation and fitness are:
- Hammonasset Beach State Park
- Dinosaur State Park
- Bushnell Park
- Elizabeth Park
- Metacomet Trail
- Bushnell Park
- Talcott Mountain
- Westmoor Park
- Mortensen Riverfront Plaza
- Colt Park
- Pope Park
- Riverside Park
- Kennedy Memorial Park
- Great River Park
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Hartford
These sporting goods stores are great places to buy new gear or equipment:
- Golfers Warehouse at 75 Brainard Rd
- Mikes Golf Outlet at 222 Murphy Rd
- BiCi Co. at 97 Park St
- Famous Footwear at 475 Flatbush Ave
- Play It Again Sports at 15 South Main St
- Fleet Feet Sports at 1003 Farmington Ave
- Cabela’s at 475 E Hartford Blvd N
- EbLens at 1210 Main St
- Olympia Sports at 5 Main St
- Pedal Power at 359 Main St, Middletown
- Bob’s Stores Footwear & Apparel at 416 E Main St, Middletown
Play it Again Sports is a great place to buy or sell new and used sporting goods in Hartford.
Home Gym Equipment Near You
The list we just shared will probably also have some but you can also buy home gym equipment in your area at:
- Total Fitness Equipment at 40 W Main St, Avon
- Total Fitness Equipment at 1500-D Pleasant Valley Rd, Manchester
In case you were interested we have also discussed:
- Yoga, Pilates, & Sporting Goods in New Haven
- Yoga, Pilates, & Sporting Goods in Bridgeport
- Yoga, Pilates, & Sporting Goods in Springfield
- Yoga, Pilates, & Sporting Goods in Boston
Enjoy Working Out At Hartford Gyms
All of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you are just waiting for your arrival. We would be grateful if you could help us out by sharing your own local fitness tips or letting us know if we got anything wrong in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Hartford or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.