This guide to the best gyms in Providence should cover just about all there is to know about working out near you. We know your time can’t be wasted so we will get right to it.
We can’t think of a more practical way to begin then by listing the best Providence gyms. Once they have been covered in full we will be moving on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes, as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
Local yoga and pilates studios will come next and we know many of you are curious about them. As the post progresses more topics on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will get a shout out.
The gym is great but so is getting a little sun so the top outdoor recreations areas in the region will be listed. And the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will take us out of here.
You can look through more of our posts on the Northeast at that link.
Best Gyms In Providence
When you want to get a great workout head to one of these best gyms in Providence:
- VP Fitness at 10 Dorrance St #200
- East Side/Mount Hope YMCA at 438 Hope St
- Nelson Fitness Center at 225 Hope St
- Momentum Fitness at 271-A S Main St
- Planet Fitness at 387 W Fountain St
- Orangetheory Fitness at 563 N Main St
- Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness at 2191 Post Rd
- Rock Spot Climbing at 42 Rice St
- Work Out World at 1925 Pawtucket Ave
- Pro Fitness at 200 Bald Hill Rd, Warwick
- LA Fitness at 190 Hillside Rd, Cranston
- LA Fitness at 615 Pawtucket Ave, Pawtucket
Work Out World is where you will need to go for a 24 hour gym in Providence. You should find both a pool for swimming laps and a basketball court at the YMCA, Nelson Fitness Center, and Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness.
There are local group zumba or aerobic dance classes available at the YMCA, Nelson Fitness Center, Healthtrax, or Pro Fitness. Many would agree that Rock Sport is the best indoor climbing gym in your area.
Anyone that needs childcare at the gym can get it at Work Out World.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
These indoor cycling and spinning studios near you are a wonderful way to get the cardio you desire:
- Devine City Cycle at 425 W Fountain St
- Cyclebar at 23 Providence Pl
- Core Cycle.Fitness.Lagree at 229 Waterman St
There are additional group spinning classes available at the YMCA and Pro Fitness from our main list.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
Those who aspire to be the next world champion can get the training they need at these boxing and MMA gyms in your area:
- Team Santos Fighting Academy at 1205 Westminster St
- Tim Burrill Brazilian Jiu Jitsu at 55 Porter St
- Rondeaus Kickboxing at 609 Killingly St, Johnston
- Fight Factory Ri at 3 Bridal Ave, West Warwick
- Burke’s Martial Arts at 530 Wellington Ave, Cranston
The YMCA and Pro Fitness also offer local cardio boxing classes for those that are just looking to get a sweat in.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Providence
We bet many of you would enjoy these Providence yoga or pilates studios:
- Providence Power Yoga at 51 Bassett St
- Rhode Island Hot Yoga at 166 Valley St #201
- Jala Studio Yoga & Art at 285 South Main St
- Providence Pilates Center at 5 Lincoln Ave
- Mind 2 Body Fitness at 60 Valley St
- Breathing Time Yoga at 541 Pawtucket Ave, Pawtucket
More yoga and pilates classes in your area can be found at the YMCA, Nelson Fitness Center, and Pro Fitness. Additionally Orangetheory Fitness, Healthtrax, and Barre & Soul from the barre studio list also do yoga lessons.
With so many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more we really don’t know what you are after. The links to the above studios should help you figure out which one is best for you.
The Providence Fit Body Boot Camp which you can find at 1284 N Main St is a great way to get in shape quick. You may be noticing a trend but the local YMCA and Pro Fitness also put on workout bootcamps.
Pretty easy to see why we say those are two of the best gyms near you when they offer so many group classes.
These barre exercise studios are another good way to get in shape quick:
- Barre & Soul Yoga & Barre Studio at 201 Wayland Ave
The YMCA, Momentum Fitness, and Healthtrax also have barre workout lessons.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
When you want to get some sun you can go hiking, running, or riding bikes outside of the best gyms in Providence at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Blackstone Park
- Roger Williams Park
- Newport Cliff Walk
- Lincoln Woods State Park
- Francis C. Carter Memorial Preserve
- Neutaconkanut Park
- La Gondola Riverwalk
- India Point Park
- The East Bay Bike Path
- Waterplace Park
- Woonasquatucket River
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Providence
These Providence sporting goods stores are great places to buy new gear or equipment:
- Rhode Runner at 657 N Main St
- Dash Bicycle Shop at 228 Broadway
- Legend Bicycle at 181 Brook St
- Finish Line at 1 Providence Pl
- Diamond Legends at 815 Oaklawn Ave, Warwick
- Alpine Ski and Snowboard at 105 Chestnut St, Warwick
- Elmwood Sports Center at 1553 Elmwood Ave, Cranston
- Second Time Around Sports at 453 Atwood Ave, Cranston
- Bob’s Stores at Marshalls Plaza 1400 Oaklawn Ave, Cranston
Home Gym Equipment Near You
You can probably find some at those stores we just listed, but you can also buy home gym equipment near you at:
- Frontline Fitness at 380 Jefferson Blvd, Warwick
Just so you know we have also covered:
- Gyms, Pilates, & Yoga in Boston
- Gyms, Pilates, & Yoga Portland, Maine
- Gyms, Pilates, & Yoga Springfield
- Gyms, Pilates, & Yoga New Haven & Bridgeport
Enjoy Working Out At Providence Gyms
Now that you have read about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be sky high. It would really help both us and our readers if you could let us know if we said anything incorrect or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Providence or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.