In this post we will be discussing the best gyms in Winnipeg plus all the things we know about working out near you. We know your time is of utmost importance so we will do our best not to ramble.
Diving right in to the best Winnipeg gyms seems like the most natural way for us to begin. Up next we will get into the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes, and our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area will come after that.
It would be silly for us to forget about the best pilates and yoga studios near you so we won’t do that. As the post progresses other subjects on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will have their own sections too.
When you want some cardio the gym isn’t your only option so we will discuss the top outdoor recreations areas in the region. To wrap it all up the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will be listed.
You can check out some of our other posts on Canadian cities at that link.
Best Gyms In Winnipeg
Here is our list of the best gyms in Winnipeg for working out:
- Shapes Fitness Centre at Eastgate Centre 11-1150 Nairn Ave
- Reh-Fit Centre at 1390 Taylor Ave
- GoodLife Fitness at 1610 Regent Ave West #100
- Brickhouse Gym at 104 King Edward St E
- One Family Fitness Centre at 2 Britannica Rd
- Assiniboine Athletic Club at 83 Garry St #401
- Snap Fitness at 595 St Anne’s Rd
- Anytime Fitness at 2361 Ness Ave
- Vertical Adventures at 77 Paramount Rd
Those who are hoping for 24/7 gym access can get it at Brickhouse Gym, One Family Fitness Centre, Snap Fitness, or Anytime Fitness. For group zumba or aerobic dance classes try out Reh-Fit Centre or GoodLife Fitness.
Vertical Adventures would be the top indoor climbing gym in your area. Gyms with a pool and a basketball court are pretty hard to find here, if you know of any please tell us in the comments. Ditto for any that offer childcare while you workout.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
Fans of cardio will love these indoor cycling and spinning classes near you:
- Wpg Cycle Studio at 734 Osborne St
- Saikel Indoor Cycle Studio at 437 Stradbrook Ave #3
- Wheelhouse Cycle Club at 655 Sterling Lyon Pkwy #5
Plus Reh-Fit Centre and GoodLife Fitness from our initial list also offer group spinning classes.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
When you hope to improve your technique you should visit boxing and MMA gyms like:
- Pan Am Boxing Club at 245 McDermot Ave
- United Boxing Club Inc at 5-201 Scott St
- Canadian Fighting Center at 675 Archibald St
- Nak Muay Gym at 1111 Winnipeg Ave #1
- Kwest Muay Thai & Kickboxing at 101 Pembina Hwy
- 9round Fitness at 840 Waverley St #4
Reh-Fit Centre also has cardio boxing classes.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Winnipeg
We bet many of you would enjoy these Winnipeg yoga or pilates studios:
- Modo Yoga at 2 Donald St #7
- Yoga Public at 280 Fort St
- Studio 26 Hot Yoga at 1763 Pembina Highway #1
- Yoga Centre at 915 Grosvenor Ave
- Pilates Pro at 7-1604 St Mary’s Rd
- Pilates Manitoba at 836A Corydon Ave
Some of the best gyms in your area also have group yoga and pilates classes like Reh-Fit Centre and GoodLife Fitness. There are also yoga classes at Shapes Fitness Centre or One Family Fitness Centre.
There are so many types of poses and techniques these days like vinyasa, hatha flow, hot, bikram, power, ashtanga or more and we really don’t know what you are after. It is probably best if you look at the links to the above studios and choose the right one for your personal needs.
One of these workout bootcamps could be just what it takes to get you going in the right direction:
- Fit Body Boot Camp at 620 Kildare Ave E #2
- Fit Club at 1795 Henderson Hwy
Reh-Fit Centre, Brickhouse Gym, and One Family Fitness Centre also have workout bootcamps on their schedules.
Sculpt Barre Wpg at 960 Lorimer Blvd would be the top dedicated barre exercise studio in your area. Shapes Fitness Centre also has group barre workout classes available.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
When you want to go hiking, running, or riding bikes outside of the best gyms near you try these outdoor recreation areas:
- Winnipeg Beach
- Spirit Sands Provincial Park
- Delta Beach
- Caddy Lake Tunnels
- Hecla Island Provincial Park
- Fun Mountain Waterslide Park
- Oak Hammock Marsh Interpretive Center
- The Forks
- Festival du Voyageur
- Kildonan Park
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Winnipeg
You can get all kinds of new gear and equipment at these Winnipeg sporting goods stores:
- Pembina Source For Sports at 2077 Pembina Hwy
- Royal Sports at 750 Pembina Hwy
- Kahunaverse Sports Group at 20 De la Seigneurie Blvd
- Mec Winnipeg at 303 Portage Ave
- Wilderness Supply at 50 Isabel St
- Tamarack Clothing at 2090 Corydon Ave
- Sport Chek at 1225 St Mary’s Rd #54A
- Running Room Canada at 1875 Grant Ave
- Cabela’s Canada at 580 Sterling Lyon Pkwy
Home Gym Equipment Near You
The list we just shared will probably also have some but you can also buy home gym equipment at:
- Fitness Depot at 870 Century St
- Fitness Experience at 685 Pembina Hwy
In case you might be interested we have also discussed:
- Pilates, Barre, & MMA Gyms in Calgary
- Pilates, Barre, & MMA Gyms in Edmonton
- Pilates, Barre, & MMA Gyms in Ottawa & Gatineau
- Pilates, Barre, & MMA Gyms in Minneapolis & St Paul
Enjoy Working Out At Winnipeg Gyms
After reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be sky high. We would be grateful if you could help us out by sharing your own local fitness tips or letting us know if we got anything wrong in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Winnipeg or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.