Welcome to our post on the best gyms in Vancouver. Additionally we will be discussing as much as we can about the local fitness scene.
We will go ahead and begin with the best Vancouver gyms since they are probably why the majority of you ended up on this page. Once they have been listed and broken down we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
The best yoga and pilates studios in town will be up next. Workout bootcamps and barre exercises are getting more popular by the day so they definitely deserve a shout out too.
Many prefer to head outdoors on a sunny day and we will list plenty of good outdoor recreations areas in this part of British Columbia where you can do just that. To wrap everything up the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will be how we end this.
But before we get out of here we will share a local fitness map so that you can get a better understanding of the lay of the land if necessary. You can look through more of our posts on Canada if you are interested.
Best Gyms In Vancouver
Go to one of these best gyms in Vancouver to get a great workout:
- Robert Lee YMCA at 955 Burrard St
- Hillcrest Recreation Centre at 4575 Clancy Loranger Way
- Equinox at 1131 W Georgia St
- Kalev Fitness Solution at 128 W Pender St #102
- Fit4less at 1201 W Pender St #100
- Anytime Fitness at 1433 Cedar Cottage Mews
- Train on Main at 4827 Main St
- The Hive Bouldering Gym at 520 Industrial Ave
- Cliffhanger Climbing Gym at 670 Industrial Ave
Anytime Fitness and Train on Main are two good 24 hour gyms near you. The Robert Lee YMCA and Hillcrest Recreation Centre should have both a pool for swimming laps and basketball court available.
You will find zumba or group aerobic dance classes at Hillcrest Recreation Centre, Equinox, and Fit4less. Those who need childcare while they work out can get it at the Robert Lee YMCA.
Cliffhanger and The Hive would be the two best indoor rock climbing gyms in your area.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
Anyone that is trying to lose weight in a hurry should check out these indoor cycling and spinning studios near you:
- Spin Society at 1332 Granville St
- Ride Cycle Club at 881 Hamilton St
- Soulcycle at 1128 Mainland St
- Method Indoor Cycling at 2020 Arbutus St
Those indoor cycling studios are really nice and you can find more spinning fitness classes at some of the best Vancouver gyms like Hillcrest Recreation Centre, Equinox, Kalev Fitness Solution, and Fit4less.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
Fighting is also great cardio and the best local boxing and MMA gyms are:
- Rumble Boxing at 968 Expo Blvd
- Diaz Combat Sports at 747 Gore Ave
- Ilovekickboxing at 136 Powell St
- Lions MMA at 1256 Granville St #1
- Sugarrays Boxing at 1738 W 3rd Ave
- Vancouver Kfitness at 2674 W Broadway
- Budo Vancouver BJJ at 3121 Kingsway
- Gracie Barra Vancouver at 2440 Main St
Additional boxing or fighting classes go down at Hillcrest Recreation Centre, Equinox, Kalev Fitness Solution, and Fit4less as well.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Vancouver
There are lots of options around town but in our opinion the best Vancouver yoga and pilates studios in your area would be:
- One Yoga at 201-150 West Hastings
- Hot Yoga 101 at 555 W 12th Ave
- Modo Yoga at 2083 Alma St #242
- Oxygen Yoga & Fitness at 525 Smithe St
- Stretch Yoga at 180 East Pender St
- Yyoga Downtown Flow at 888 Burrard St
More of the best gyms near you from our main list have group yoga or pilates classes like Equinox and Fit4less. You can try out more yoga lessons at Equinox and Fit4less.
We hope you understand that there are far too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know exactly what you are after. The above studios should cover just about all of your needs.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to local workout bootcamps and you can find some here like:
- Survivor Fitness at 1850 East 3rd Ave
- Precision Athletics at 858 Beatty St #240
To tone your body quick visit one of these barre exercise studios:
- The Bar Method at 837 Beatty St #201
- Pure Barre at 1907 W 4th Ave
- Barre Fitness at 1038 Mainland St
Equinox also has barre fitness classes, and those studios are really nice.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
On a sunny day why not go hiking, ride bikes, or just be active at one of these outdoor recreation areas around British Columbia:
- False Creek
- Stanley Park
- Grouse Grind
- Grouse Mountain
- Hastings Park
- Lynn Canyon Park
- Queen Elizabeth Park
- Wreck Beach
- Nanaimo River
- Maple Ridge’s Golden Ears Park
- Lighthouse Park
- The Seawall
- Jericho Beach
- Locarno Beach
- Summit Lodge
- Whistler Blackcomb
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Vancouver
You should find all kinds of new gear and equipment at these sporting goods stores:
- MEC Vancouver at 111 2nd Ave E
- Sport Chek at 788 Robson St
- Rackets & Runners at 3880 Oak St
- Sports Junkies Clearance Center at 102 W Broadway
- West Coast Sports at 1675 W 4th Ave
- Tad’s Sporting Goods at 8570 Granville St
- Max-Performance Sports & More at 345 W Broadway
- Westside Ski Bike Board at 1855 W 4th Ave
- Vancity Sports at 646 Seymour St
- Cyclone Taylor Sports at 6575 Oak St
- Forerunners at 3504 4th Avenue W
- Adidas Sport Performance Store at 860 Granville St
Home Gym Equipment Near You
That previous list will have some options but you can buy more home gym equipment in your area at:
- Fitness Depot at 2659 Lillooet St
- Flaman Fitness at 1733 W 4th Ave
- Fitness Town at 1306 SE Marine Dr
Just so you know we have also covered:
- Working Out At Seattle Gyms
- Working Out At Portland Gyms
- Working Out At Calgary Gyms
- Working Out At Edmonton Gyms
Enjoy Working Out At Vancouver Gyms
After learning about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be sky high. Our readers would really appreciate it if you would let us know if we said anything incorrect or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Vancouver or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.