The best gyms in Montreal will be covered in full for you today. We will also be discussing as much as we can about the local fitness scene.
We might as well begin with the best Montreal gyms since they are probably why the majority of you ended up on this page. Once they have been listed and broken down we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
The best yoga and pilates studios in the area will be up next. Workout bootcamps and barre exercises are getting more popular by the day so they definitely deserve a shout out too.
Many prefer to head outdoors on a sunny day and we will list plenty of good outdoor recreations areas in the region where you can do just that. And to finish everything off the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will be how we end this.
But before we get out of here we will share a local fitness map so that you can get a better understanding of the lay of the land if necessary. Look through more of our posts on gyms around Canada at that link if you are interested.
Best Gyms In Montreal
Here is our list of the best gyms in Montreal for working out:
- Downton YMCA at 1440 Stanley St
- Cartierville YMCA at 11885 Laurentien Blvd
- Cepsum at 2100 Blvd Édouard-Montpetit
- The Sports Centre at 3200 Viau St
- Club Lacité at 3575 Park Ave
- Énergie Cardio at 4535 Ave Papineau
- Milesfit at 5962 Monkland Ave
- Pro Gym at 4500 Rue Hochelaga
- Econofitness at 2313 St Catherine St
- Report Fitness at 2290 Union Ave
- Shakti Rock Gym at 175 St Viateur St E
Pro Gym is a good 24 hour gym near you. The YMCA’s, Cepsum, and Pro Gym should have both a pool for swimming laps and a basketball court available. The Sports Centre and Club Lacité should have a pool.
Some reading this might be interested in the local zumba or group aerobic dance classes at the Downton YMCA, Cartierville YMCA, Cepsum, Énergie Cardio, Pro Gym, and Econofitness.
Any parents who need childcare while they work out should find it available at the Downton YMCA, Cartierville YMCA, and Énergie Cardio. Shakti would get the nod for best indoor rock climbing gym in your area.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
Anyone that is trying to lose weight quick should check out these indoor cycling and spinning studios near you:
- Spin Energie at 3483 Park Ave
- B.cycle Vieux-Port at 601 Rue De La
- Cadence Cycle at 2585 Bates Rd
- Spinco at 500 Rue Saint-Jacques
Some of the best gyms in Montreal from our main list also have group spinning classes like the Downton YMCA, Cartierville YMCA, Énergie Cardio, and Econofitness if you don’t want to sign up for an indoor cycling studio.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
Those who want some serious training can get it at these local boxing and MMA gyms:
- Hard Knox Gym at 3645 Notre-Dame St W
- Académie Frontenac at 2600 Rue Ontario E #152
- Titans Academy at 8782 St Laurent Blvd
- Underdog Boxing Gym at 9 St Catherine St E
- H2o MMA at 6045 Blvd Monk
- Tristar Gym at 5275 Ferrier St
- Crow Training Center at 4850 Rue Saint-Ambroise #107
More cardio boxing classes in your area can be found at the Downton YMCA, Cartierville YMCA, Cepsum, Énergie Cardio, and Pro Gym.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Montreal
There are lots of options around town but in our opinion the best Montreal yoga and pilates studios near you would be:
- Modo Yoga at 3863 Blvd Saint-Laurent #205
- Enso Yoga at 1470 Rue Peel Tower B #100
- Modo Yoga Ndg at 4260 Girouard Ave #300
- Yoga Sangha at 4412 Blvd St-Laurent
- Innocere Yoga at 160 Rue Prince-Arthur E
- Luna Yoga at 231 Rue Saint-Paul O
- Naada Yoga at 5540 Casgrain Ave
- Vibe Pilates at 3938 Berri St
- Mtl Pilates Lab at 373 St Catherine St W
- Studio Équilibre at 8 Sherbrooke St E
You might also enjoy the pilates and yoga classes at the Downton YMCA, Cartierville YMCA, Cepsum, The Sports Centre, and Énergie Cardio. You can find more group yoga lessons at Pro Gym and Econofitness.
Plus there are additional pilates classes Vpilates Barre & Étirement from the upcoming barre studio list. We hope you understand that there are far too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know exactly what you are after.
The above studios should cover just about all of your needs.
These workout bootcamps should be able to provide the extra motivation that we all sometimes need:
- Studio Epix at 345 Rue De La Gauchetière O b
- Lemieux Training at 1200 Rememberance Rd
The Downton YMCA, Cartierville YMCA, Cepsum, and Énergie Cardio also have workout bootcamps available to their members.
Another way to workout that is growing in popularity is barre exercises and you can find them near you at:
- Très Studio Barre Fitness at 1744 William St #100
- Vpilates Barre & Étirement at 2724 Rue des Ormeaux
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
On a sunny day why not go hiking, ride bikes, or just be active at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Parc National d’Oka
- Parc National de la Yamaska
- Parc National du Mont-Saint-Bruno
- Mount Ham Regional Park
- Montagne D’Argent Climbing Park
- Gault Nature Reserve
- Aerobic Corridor
- Parc National des Îles-de-Boucherville
- Mount Royal Heritage Site
- René Lévesque Park
- Jarry Park
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Montreal
You should find all kinds of new gear and equipment at these Montreal sporting goods stores:
- Mec Montréal at 8989 Blvd de l’Acadie
- Off the Hook at 1021 St Catherine Ouest
- Sports Experts at 930 St Catherine St W
- La Cordée Plein Air at 2159 St Catherine St E
- Arc’teryx at 1515 Rue St Catherine O #001-745
- Empire Montréal Robert-Bourassa at 2020 Blvd Robert-Bourassa
- Ekkip at 1153 Mont-Royal Ave E
- Evangelista Sports at 6821 St Laurent Blvd
- Boutique Endurance at 6579 St Denis St
- Nike Factory Store at 1007-B6, Rue Du Marché Central
- Play It Again Sports at 2100 Decarie Blvd
Play it Again Sports is a great place to buy or sell new and used sporting goods near you.
Home Gym Equipment
Those previous stores will likely sell some home gym equipment in your area, but you can also find more at:
- Strata-Gym at 3447 Notre-Dame St W
- Fitness Depot at 61 Brunswick Blvd, Dollard-Des Ormeaux
- Fitness Avenue at 2786 Rue de Lyon, Longueuil
- Fitness A Rabais at 1550 Rue de Jaffa, Laval
You can read more of our local fitness guides for cities like:
Enjoy Working Out At Montreal Gyms
After reading about all of those local gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you you should feel a lot better about what comes next. We will do our best to keep these lists fresh by updating them often.
Our readers would really appreciate it if you would let us know if we said anything incorrect or if you could share some fitness tips for your area in the comments. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Montreal or working out in whichever way you prefer.
1 thought on “Best Gyms In Montreal & All Things Working Out”
Great to share!