In this post about the best gyms in Ottawa and Gatineau we will try to cover just about all there is to know about working out near you. We know your time can’t be wasted so we will get right to it.
We can’t think of a more practical way to begin then by listing the best Ottawa and Gatineau gyms. Once they have been covered in full we will be moving on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes, as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
Local pilates and yoga studios will come next and we know many of you are curious about them. As the post progresses more topics on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will get a shout out.
The gym is great but so is getting a little sun so the top outdoor recreations areas in the region will be listed. And the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will take us out of here.
Those that are curious can check out our other posts on Canada at that link.
Best Gyms In Ottawa & Gatineau
Here is our list of the best gyms in Ottawa and Gatineau for working out:
- Movati Athletic Orleans at 3772 Innes Rd
- Movati Athletic Kanata at 19 Frank Nighbor Place
- Taggart Family YMCA at 180 Argyle Ave
- GoodLife Fitness at 199 Queen St
- Orangetheory Fitness at 1001 Daze St
- Anytime Fitness at 1339 Wellington St W
- Coyote Rock Gym at 1737B Saint Laurent Blvd
- Gym-Max at 105 Rue Bellehumeur, Gatineau
- Anytime Fitness at 213 Boul des Grives, Gatineau
- Nautilus Plus at 425 Blvd Saint-Joseph, Gatineau
- Éconofitness at 85 Chemin de la Savane, Gatineau
- Centre Pure Fitness at 1030 Blvd Saint- Joseph, Gatineau
- Spécifik Performance at 101-15 Rue Buteau, Gatineau
Both Movati Athletic locations and the Taggart Family YMCA should have a pool for swimming laps, and the Y should also have a basketball court. Anyone that needs 24 hour gym access can get it at Anytime Fitness.
GoodLife Fitness, Nautilus Plus, and Éconofitness have group zumba and aerobic dance classes. Coyote is the best indoor rock climbing gym near you. Currently we do not know of any gyms with childcare in your area, if you do please tell us in the comments at the end of the post.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
These local indoor cycling and spinning studios are a wonderful way to get the cardio you desire:
- Wheelhouse Cycle WW at 1279 Wellington St
- Spinco at 123 Slater St
- Spin 819 at 815 Blvd Saint- Rene O, Gatineau
- Spinning Outaouais at 400 Rue Main, Gatineau
Both Movati Athletic locations, GoodLife Fitness, and Éconofitness also have group spinning classes.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
Those who aspire to be the next world champion can get the training they need at these boxing and MMA gyms in your area:
- Tina Takahashi at 1061 Merivale Rd #8
- Ottawa Fight & Fitness at 464 Bank St
- 100% Martial Arts & Fitness at 1529 Bank St
- N1 Thai Boxing Academy at 401 Preston St
- Beaver Boxing Club at 145 Spruce St
- Experience MMA & Fitness at 388 Saint-Louis, Gatineau
- Gatineau Martial Arts Kung-Fu Mma at 306 Rue Notre Dame, Gatineau
- Arts Martiaux Patenaude Aylmer at 117 Rue Front, Gatineau
- Therien Jiu Jitsu & Kickboxing at 569 Blvd Saint-Joseph, Gatineau
- Centre Evolution HQ at 74 Blvd Greber, Gatineau
If all you care about is getting a sweat in then the cardio boxing classes at both Movati Athletic locations should suffice.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Ottawa & Gatineau
We bet many of you would enjoy these local yoga or pilates studios:
- Yogatown at 300 Preston St
- Pure Yoga at 279A Richmond Rd
- PranaShanti Yoga Centre at 950 Gladstone Ave
- Elevate Yoga at 298 Elgin St
- Pilates Space at 340 MacLaren St #100
- Flow Pilates Studio & Fitness at 300-317 McRae Ave
- Studio Yama Yoga at 72 Rue Jean-Proulx, Gatineau
- Pilates Vitalité at 2-225 Blvd de la Gappe, Gatineau
- Aura Studio Yoga at 35, Allée de Hambourg, Gatineau
- Studio Yoga Tribe at 425 de le, Blvd la Vérendrye E, Gatineau
Both Movati Athletic locations and Éconofitness have group yoga classes as well. It is getting pretty obvious why we consider them to be two of the best gyms in Ottawa when they offer so many fitness classes.
You can also try yoga and pilates lessons at GoodLife Fitness and Nautilus Plus . With so many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more we really don’t know what you are after.
The links to the above studios should help you figure out which one is best for you.
- 180 Fitness at 5370 Canotek Rd, Gloucester
- Bustamante Bootcamps Private Training Studio at 10 Rue Belmont, Gatineau
- PhysXtreme at 30 Rue Ducharme, Gatineau
180 Fitness is a popular workout bootcamp in your area and there are more going down at Gym-Max and Nautilus Plus.
These barre exercise studios are another good way to get in shape quick:
- Barres & Wheels at 1416 Wellington St
- Where I Thrive at 117 Glebe Ave
- Nautilus Plus Gatineau at 920 Blvd Maloney O, Gatineau
Guess where you can find more barre exercise classes. Yup, both Movati Athletic locations.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
When you want to get some sun you can go hiking, running, or riding bikes outside of the best local gyms at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Gatineau Park
- Ottawa’s Greenbelt
- Omega Park
- Rideau River
- Ottawa River
- Rideau Canal
- Camp Fortune Explorer Park
- Arbraska Lafleche Cave
- Mount Pakenham Ski Resort
- Andrew Haydon Park
- Dominion Arboretum
- Luskville Falls
- Rideau Canal
- Dow’s Lake
- King Mountain Trail
- Mer Bleue Bog
- Lac Leamy Park
- Morrison’s Quarry
- Parliament Hill
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Ottawa & Gatineau
These Ottawa and Gatineau sporting goods stores are great places to buy new gear or equipment:
- Sports 4 Bank St at 149 Bank St
- Bushtukah at 203 Richmond Rd
- Sporting Life at Lansdowne Park, 125 Marche Way
- Kunstadt Sports at 680 Bank St
- Valiquette’s Source For Sports at 1740 Carling Ave
- Pro Hockey Life Ottawa at 2420 Bank St
- Top of the World at 581 Bank St
- Fresh Air Experience at 1291 Wellington St W
- Mec at 366 Richmond Rd
- Sport Chek at 1200 St Laurent Blvd Y005
- La Foulee Sportive at 139 Prom. du Portage, Gatineau
- V.I.P. Plein Air S.G. at 121 Blvd Saint-Joseph, Gatineau
- Planète Foot Eurosport at 150 Rue Montcalm, Gatineau
- Duguay Sports Excellence at 400 Alexandre-Taché Blvd, Gatineau
- VSP Sports at 595 Rue de Vernon #7, Gatineau
- MDH Sports at 647-A Rue Notre Dame, Gatineau
- Li-Ning Gatineau at 129 Rue de Cassiopée, Gatineau
- Sports aux Puces Outaouais at 445 Blvd Maloney E, Gatineau
- Golf Town at 91 Blvd de la Gappe #B4, Gatineau
Home Gym Equipment
The list we just shared is also likely to have some but you can buy home gym equipment at:
- Fitness Depot at 499 Industrial Ave
- Fitness Equipment of Ottawa at 1713 St Laurent Blvd
- Fitness l’Entrepôt Outaouais at 925 Bd de la Carrière, Gatineau
- Québec Weights at 178 Rue Jean Proulx, Gatineau
- Spectrum Garage Fitness at 11 Rue Émile-Zola, Gatineau
- Marc Sports La Source du Sport at 455 Blvd Maloney E, Gatineau
- Sports Experts Atmosphere at 1100 Bd Maloney, Gatineau
By the way we have also written:
- A list of the best gyms in Montreal
- A list of the best gyms in Toronto
- A list of the best gyms in Quebec City
- A list of the best gyms in New York City
Enjoy Working Out At Ottawa & Gatineau Gyms
We wish we had more to offer but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you you should feel a lot better about what comes next.
It would really help both us and our readers if you could let us know if we said anything incorrect or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Ottawa and Gatineau or working out in whichever way you prefer.