In this post about the best gyms in Ottawa we will try to cover just about all there is to know about working out near you. We know your time can’t be wasted so we will get right to it.
We can’t think of a more practical way to begin then by listing the best Ottawa gyms. Once they have been covered in full we will be moving on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes, as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in the area.
Pilates and yoga studios near you will come next and we know many of you are curious about them. As the post progresses more topics on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will get a shout out.
The gym is great but so is getting a little sun so the top outdoor recreations areas in the region will be listed. And the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will take us out of here.
Those that are curious can check out our other posts on Canada at that link.
Best Gyms In Ottawa
Here is our list of the best gyms in Ottawa for working out:
- Greco Fitness at 132 Sparks St
- Movati Athletic Orleans at 3772 Innes Rd
- Movati Athletic Kanata at 19 Frank Nighbor Place
- Taggart Family YMCA at 180 Argyle Ave
- GoodLife Fitness at 199 Queen St
- Orangetheory Fitness at 1001 Daze St
- Anytime Fitness at 1339 Wellington St W
- Coyote Rock Gym at 1737B Saint Laurent Blvd
Both Movati Athletic locations and the Taggart Family YMCA should have a pool for swimming laps, and the Y should also have a basketball court. Anyone that needs 24 hour gym access can get it at Anytime Fitness.
GoodLife Fitness has group zumba and aerobic dance classes. Coyote is the best indoor rock climbing gym near you. Currently we do not know of any gyms with childcare in the area, if you do please tell us in the comments at the end of the post.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
These indoor cycling and spinning studios near you are a wonderful way to get the cardio you desire:
Both Movati Athletic locations and GoodLife Fitness also have group spinning classes.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
Those who aspire to be the next world champion can get the training they need at these boxing and MMA gyms:
- Final Round Boxing at 2487 Kaladar Ave #360A
- Tina Takahashi at 1061 Merivale Rd #8
- Ottawa Fight & Fitness at 464 Bank St
- 100% Martial Arts & Fitness at 1529 Bank St
- N1 Thai Boxing Academy at 401 Preston St
- Beaver Boxing Club at 145 Spruce St
If all you care about is getting a sweat in then the cardio boxing classes at both Movati Athletic locations should suffice.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Ottawa
We bet many of you would enjoy these x yoga or pilates studios:
- Yogatown at 300 Preston St
- Pure Yoga at 279A Richmond Rd
- PranaShanti Yoga Centre at 950 Gladstone Ave
- Elevate Yoga at 298 Elgin St
- Upward Dog Yoga Centre at 251 Dalhousie St
- Pilates Space at 340 MacLaren St #100
- Flow Pilates Studio & Fitness at 300-317 McRae Ave
Once again both Movati Athletic locations have group yoga classes as well. It is getting pretty obvious why we consider them to be two of the best gyms in Ottawa when they offer so many fitness classes.
You can also try yoga and pilates lessons at GoodLife Fitness. With so many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more we really don’t know what you are after.
The links to the above studios should help you figure out which one is best for you.
180 Fitness at 5370 Canotek Rd in Gloucester is a popular workout bootcamp in the area.
These barre exercise studios are another good way to get in shape quick:
Guess where you can find more barre exercise classes. Yup, both Movati Athletic locations.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
When you want to get some sun you can go hiking, running, or riding bikes outside of the best gyms near you at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Gatineau Park
- Ottawa’s Greenbelt
- Omega Park
- Rideau River
- Ottawa River
- Rideau Canal
- Camp Fortune Explorer Park
- Arbraska Lafleche Cave
- Mount Pakenham Ski Resort
- Andrew Haydon Park
- Dominion Arboretum
- Luskville Falls
- Rideau Canal
- Dow’s Lake
- King Mountain Trail
- Mer Bleue Bog
- Lac Leamy Park
- Morrison’s Quarry
- Parliament Hill
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Ottawa
These Ottawa sporting goods stores are great places to buy new gear or equipment:
- Sports 4 Bank St at 149 Bank St
- Bushtukah at 203 Richmond Rd
- Sporting Life at Lansdowne Park, 125 Marche Way
- Kunstadt Sports at 680 Bank St
- Valiquette’s Source For Sports at 1740 Carling Ave
- Pro Hockey Life Ottawa at 2420 Bank St
- Top of the World at 581 Bank St
- Fresh Air Experience at 1291 Wellington St W
- Mec at 366 Richmond Rd
- Sport Chek at 1200 St Laurent Blvd Y005
Home Gym Equipment
The list we just shared is also likely to have some but you can buy home gym equipment at:
By the way we have also written:
- A list of the best gyms in Montreal
- A list of the best gyms in Toronto
- A list of the best gyms in Quebec City
- A list of the best gyms in New York City
Enjoy Working Out At Ottawa Gyms
We wish we had more to offer but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you you should feel a lot better about what comes next.
It would really help both us and our readers if you could let us know if we said anything incorrect or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Ottawa or working out in whichever way you prefer.