Hey there and thanks for checking out our break down of the best gyms in Toronto. As the post goes on we will also be discussing as much as possible about the local fitness scene.
There probably isn’t a better way for us to begin than with a quick section on the best Toronto gyms since they are probably why the majority of you ended up on our blog. Once they have been listed we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in the city.
The best yoga and pilates studios in your area will be up next. Workout bootcamps and barre exercises are getting more popular by the day so they definitely deserve a shout out too.
Many prefer to head outdoors on a sunny day and we will list plenty of good outdoor recreations areas in the region where you can do just that. And to finish everything off the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will be how we end this.
But before we get out of here we will share a local fitness map so that you can get a better understanding of the lay of the land if necessary. You can look through more of our posts on Canada at that link if you are interested.
Best Gyms In Toronto
You can visit one of these best gyms in Toronto to get a great workout:
- Fit Factory Fitness at 373 King Street W
- Goodlife Fitness at 137 Yonge St
- Miles Nadal JCC at 750 Spadina Ave
- Goldring Centre at 100 Devonshire Pl
- Hone Fitness at 181 Carlaw Ave
- F45 Training at 171 East Liberty St. #124
- College Street YMCA at 931 College St
- Cooper Koo YMCA at 461 Cherry St.
- Equinox at 55 Avenue Rd
- LA Fitness at 1970 Eglinton Ave E
- Fortis Fitness at 11 Carlaw Ave #1
- Vive Fitness 24/7 at 807 Bathurst St
- True North Climbing at 75 Carl Hall Rd #14
- Rockhead’s Indoor Rock Climbing at 29 Fraser Ave
Vive Fitness 24/7 and Fortis Fitness are a couple of quality 24 hour gyms near you. If you want to swim laps in a pool or use a basketball court sign up at the JCC or the YMCA’s.
Goodlife Fitness, Miles Nadal JCC, Goldring Centre, Equinox, Vive Fitness 24/7, and the YMCA’s all offer zumba or group aerobic dance classes. For the best indoor rock climbing gyms in town head to True North or Rockhead’s.
Any parents reading this that need childcare while you work out can get it at the JCC, Goldring Centre, and the YMCA’s.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
The classes at these indoor cycling and spinning studios in your area can help you lose weight quick:
- Spokehaüs at 70 Dan Leckie Way
- Ride Cycle Club at 2 Humbert St
- Torq Ride at 536 Eastern Ave
- Cyclebar at 1866 Bayview Ave #103
- Rocket Cycle at 688 St Clair Ave W
Outside of those indoor cycling studios many of the best Toronto gyms also have group spinning classes like Goodlife Fitness, the Miles Nadal JCC, F45 Training, Equinox, and the YMCA’s.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
If you have dreams of being the next world champ head to one of these local boxing and MMA gyms:
- United Boxing Club at 1034 Bloor St W
- Bloor Street Fitness & Boxing 24/7 at 2295 Dundas St W
- Studio K-O at 780 King St W
- Stockyards Boxing & Fitness Centre at 215 Ryding Ave
- Diamond Muay Thai + Boxing at 388 Carlaw Ave #100
- Sully’s Boxing Gym at 1554 Dundas St W
- Centre Ring at 22 Balliol St
- Toronto Boxing Academy & Fitness at 2389 St Clair Ave W
- 1MR at 205 Marycroft Ave #5
Or you can just do the cardio boxing classes in your area at Fit Factory Fitness, Equinox, and Vive Fitness 24/7. As you can tell by the name Bloor Street is another 24 hour gym you can visit any time day or night.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Toronto
You won’t be lacking for options but in our opinion the best Toronto yoga and pilates studios would be:
- Union Yoga + Wellness at 956 Bloor St W
- Yogaspace at 148 Ossington Ave
- Breathe Yoga + Wellness Centre at 2968 Dundas St W #305
- Yoga Tree at 123 Dundas St W
- 889 Yoga at 889 Yonge St
- Kula Yoga at 304 Brunswick Ave
- Downward Dog Yoga Centre at 735 Queen St W
- Body Mason at 901 Yonge St
- Musemovement at 180 Shaw St #204
Goodlife Fitness, Miles Nadal JCC, the YMCA’s, and Equinox all have yoga and pilates classes. There are more group yoga lessons near you at Goldring Centre, True North Climbing, and Vive Fitness 24/7.
The thing is, there are way too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know which you will prefer. The above studios should cover just about all of your needs.
These workout bootcamps should be able to provide the extra lift to get you through it:
- Barry’s Bootcamp at 310 Richmond St W
Fit Factory Fitness, Vive Fitness 24/7, and the YMCA’s are some of the best gyms near you that also have workout bootcamps for their members.
Get a toned body by visiting one of these barre exercise studios:
Those studios are cool, plus there are barre fitness classes at Goodlife Fitness and the YMCA’s.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
Some of the top places for outdoor recreation around your area would be:
- Rouge Park
- Durham Forest
- Woodbine Beach
- Humber River
- Sunnyside Beach
- The Docks
- Lake Ontario
- Riverdale Park
- The Humber
- High Park
- The Scarborough Bluffs
- Cedar Trail
- East Point Park
- High Park Trails
- Sun Valley Trail
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Toronto
There will be all kinds of new gear and equipment at these Toronto sporting goods stores:
- Sporting Life at 2665 Yonge St
- The Runners Shop at 374 Bloor St W
- Mec at 300 Queen St W
- L&M Taylor Soccer at 2046 Yonge St
- Sport Chek at 218 Yonge St
- Patagonia at 500 King St W
Home Gym Equipment Near You
That previous list will have some options but you can buy more home gym equipment at:
- Physical Assets at 110 Avenue Rd
- Fitness Avenue at 1300 Alness St #2, Concord
- Foremost Fitness at 1760 Avenue Rd, North York
Just so you know we have also covered:
- The Local Gym Scene in Ottawa & Gatineau
- The Local Gym Scene in Montreal
- The Local Gym Scene in Quebec City
- The Local Gym Scene in Winnipeg
Enjoy Working Out At Toronto Gyms
You should be ready to take on the world now that you have read about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you. By the way, if you notice anything out of date on this page or if you have any of your own local fitness tips to share please tell us in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Toronto or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.