Welcome to this fitness guide that will discuss the best gyms in Edmonton and everything you need to know about working out around the area. We hope that within a few minutes you have a much better understanding of all your choices.
The best gyms near you will be how we kick this off but they are just the start. We will also be discussing the best places to go for spinning and indoor cycling, as well as the best boxing and MMA gyms you can visit in the city.
After all of that is out of the way we will dive into the best pilates and yoga studios in Edmonton. Other topics on working out near you like bootcamps and barre exercises will need their own headings as well.
There are plenty of great places to get your cardio in outdoors and we will mention some of the best. And following all of that we will talk about where you can buy sporting goods and home gym equipment in Edmonton.
You can see more of our posts on Canada at this link.
Best Gyms In Edmonton
Here is our list of the best gyms in Edmonton for working out:
- Don Wheaton Family YMCA at 10211 102 Avenue NW
- GoodLife Fitness at 3803 Calgary Trail NW
- Svpt Fitness & Athletics at 4456 – 97 St NW
- Full Force Fitness Club at 4120 101 St NW
- Gymvmt at 3414 Gateway Blvd NW
- ClubFit at 10720 142 St NW
- LA Fitness at 12410-167 Ave
- Fit4less at 9946 170 St NW
- Anytime Fitness Old Strathcona at 10469 80 Ave NW
- Vertically Inclined Rock Gym at 8523 Argyll Rd NW
Anytime Fitness is where to go if you want a 24 hour gym in Edmonton. Those who need childcare while they work out can find it at the YMCA or Full Force Fitness.
You can do zumba or cardio dance classes at the YMCA, Gymvmt and GoodLife Fitness.Gymvmt also has Her Gymvmt which are gyms for women only. Vertically inclined is a great indoor rock climbing gym.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
There are many great spinning and indoor cycling classes for cardio near here and some of the best are:
- Yeg Cycle Spin Studio at 10636 82 Ave NW
- Hive Fit Co at 10343 Jasper Ave. NW
- Cyclebar at 5242 Windermere Blvd
- Tru Ride Cycle Studio at 3414 Gateway Blvd NW
The YMCA, Full Force Fitness, and GoodLife Fitness all have some form of spinning or indoor cycling classes as well.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
You can get some great cardio by visiting the best boxing and MMA gyms near you:
- Champs Boxing Studio at 10251 109 St NW
- Panther Gym at 11104 102 Ave
- Wolfhouse MMA at 10074 151 St NW
- 9 Round at 2931 Ellwood Dr SW
- Marshall Boxing Club at 12832 141 St NW
- Kingdom MMA & Fitness at 9417 41 Ave NW
- 30 Minute Hit at 10612 170 St NW
- Gracie Barra at 11500 170 St NW
- Wise Warrior Gym at 12832 141 St NW
- Arashi-Do at 12730 St Albert Trail NW
- Gracie Jiu-Jitsu at 5637 Riverbend Rd NW
Svpt Fitness & Athletics from our main best Edmonton gyms list offers MMA classes as well.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Edmonton
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios in Edmonton like:
- Yogalife Studios at 2065 98 St NW
- Prana Yoga Studio at 5611 199 St NW
- Metta Hot Yoga at 14927 – 111 Ave NW
- Sattva School of Yoga at 8135 102 St NW
- Studio X Bikram Yoga (Masterlab) at 11416 Jasper Ave
- Bliss Yogaspa at 5954 Mullen Way
- Navina Yoga at 316 Windermere Rd NW #211
- Body Works Pilates Studio at Suite 210-8625 109 St NW
The YMCA, Gymvmt, and GoodLife Fitness also have a variety of yoga classes. Whether you want to find vinyasa, hatha flow, hot, bikram, power, ashtanga or other popular techniques there are plenty of options as you can see from that lengthy list.
Going to workout bootcamps can give you that extra edge you need and you can find some here like:
The best studios for barre exercises near you are:
Gymvmt also offers barre exercise classes.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
You can workout pretty much anywhere so you don’t always have to go to the gym. Many people prefer to run or ride bikes when the weather is nice and some great places for outdoor recreation and fitness are:
- The North Saskatchewan River
- Edmonton’s River Valley
- Elk Island National Park
- River Valley
- Larch Sanctuary
- Pembina River
- Alberta Beach
- Botanic Park
- Clifford E. Lee Nature Sanctuary
- Mactaggart Sanctuary
- Broadmoor Lake Park
- Beaumaris Lake
- Lois Hole Centennial Provincial Park
- Cooking Lake
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Edmonton
You may need to buy some things that will help you workout or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Edmonton are:
- Mec Edmonton at 11904 104 Ave NW
- Sport Chek at 8882 170 Street Northwest #2551
- United Sport & Cycle at 7620 Gateway Boulevard NW
- Totem Outdoor Outfitters at 7430 99 St NW
- Allsports Replay at 13016 82 St NW
- The Sweet Spot at 8410 109 St NW
- Campers Village at 10951 170 St NW
- Running Room at 8537 – 109 St
- Nike Factory Store at 9743-19 Avenue NW
- Cabela’s at 15320 37 St NW
You can find both new and used sporting goods at Allsports Replay.
Home Gym Equipment Near You
The above sporting goods stores we just listed will have some options, but you can also buy home gym equipment near you at:
- Flaman Fitness & Health Care at 8910 Yellowhead Trail 1
- Fitness Depot at 10471 170 St NW
- Physique Fitness Stores at 6304 Calgary Trail NW 104 St
- Fitness Town Old Strathcona at 10320 80 Ave NW
Just so you know we have also covered:
- The Best Gyms In Calgary
- The Best Gyms In Vancouver
- The Best Gyms In Winnipeg
- The Best Gyms In Toronto
Enjoy Working Out At Edmonton Gyms
All of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you are ready and waiting for your arrival. By the way, if you notice anything out of date on this page or if you have any of your own fitness tips to share please use the comments to let us know.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Edmonton or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.