Last updated on January 8th, 2021
Hello and welcome to our post about the best gyms in Quebec City as well as everything we know about working out near you. Hopefully we can get you in and out as quick as possible.
To kick things off we will jump right in to the best gyms in Quebec City. After they have been covered in full we will mention all the places you can go for spinning or indoor cycling classes, plus our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in the area.
We certainly can’t forget about the best pilates and yoga studios near you. Plus we will discuss other subjects on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises.
The gym is cool but it isn’t the only place to work out and we have lengthy list of outdoor recreation areas where you can bike, hike, or get whatever kind of cardio you desire. Finally we will delve into stores to buy home gym equipment and sporting goods.
You may also be interested in reading our other posts on gyms in Canada that you can find there.
Best Gyms In Quebec City
When you are ready to work out the best gyms in Quebec City are:
- Univers Gym at 4250 1re Ave
- Mega Fitness Gym at 1400 St-Jean Baptiste #170
- Gym Le Chalet at 2327 Blvdd Du Versant Nord #130
- Saint-Roch YMCA at 500 Du Pont St
- Éconofitness at 2360 Ch Ste-Foy Bureau 200
- Nautilus Plus at 880 Blvd Honoré-Mercier
- Énergie Cardio at 825 Blvd Lebourgneuf Local 120
- Planète Fitness Gym at 400 Blvd Jean Lesage #10
- Délire Ste-Foy at 950 St Jean Baptiste #150
- Centre d’escalade Roc Gyms at 2350 Avenue du Colisée
Anyone that needs a Quebec City 24 hour gym can head to Mega Fitness or Planète Fitness. If you need a pool and basketball court then the Saint-Roch YMCA is where you will need to go.
Délire Ste-Foy and Centre d’escalade Roc Gyms would be the best indoor climbing gyms near you. For group zumba or cardio dance classes you can check out the Saint-Roch YMCA, Nautilus Plus, Énergie Cardio, Planète Fitness, or Centre d’escalade Roc Gyms.
Unfortunately we don’t know of any gyms that offer childcare while you work out here.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
While there are no dedicated indoor cycling studios in the area that we know of you can enjoy the group spinning classes at Éconofitness, Énergie Cardio, Nautilus Plus, or Planète Fitness.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
You can find cardio fighting classes at many places, but if you want to get really technical you need to visit boxing and MMA gyms like:
- Empire Académie at 700 Ave Nérée-Tremblay
- Nordik Fight Club at 909 1\2 Blvd Charest O
- Karate Charlesbourg at 1190 Blvd Louis-XIV
- Patenaude Quebec Arts Martiaux at 2750 Ch Ste-Foy
- Esprit Boxe Fitness at 2673 Ch Ste-Foy
Nautilus Plus and Énergie Cardio both offer cardio boxing classes.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Quebec City
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios in Quebec City like:
- Yoga Fitness at 2480 Chemin Sainte-Foy Local 195
- Studio Rebel at 55 Rue Saint-Joseph Ouest
- La Station Yoga at 45 Blvd René-Lévesque E
- Hot Yoga Prana at 871 Rue Saint-Jean
- Namaste Yoga Limoilou at 405 3e Ave
- Yoga Invivo at 1330 Ave Maguire
There are also group yoga and pilates classes at the Saint-Roch YMCA, Nautilus Plus, and Planète Fitness. We don’t know if you prefer vinyasa, hatha flow, hot, bikram, power, ashtanga or other popular techniques so look around the above links and find the right match for your own personal needs.
The Saint-Roch YMCA and Nautilus Plus from our main best gyms near you list put on workout bootcamps.
Unfortunately we do not know of any barre exercise studios here, but there are some in Montreal.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
You can workout pretty much anywhere so you don’t always have to go to the gym. Many people prefer to run or ride bikes when the weather is nice and some great places for outdoor recreation and fitness are:
- Canyon Ste-Anne
- Parc National de la Jacques-Cartier
- Baie de Beauport
- St. Lawrence River
- Les Glissades De La Terrasse
- Kabir Kouba Falls
- Beauport’s Municipal Campground
- Le Relais
- Sentier Des Caps De Charlevoix
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Quebec City
You may need to buy some things that will help you workout or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Quebec City are:
- Sports Experts at 550 Wilfrid-Hamel Blvd
- Mec Quebec City at 1475 Blvd Lebourgneuf
- Sport Radical at 325 Rue du Marais #190
- Baseball 360 Québec at 185 Rue Fortin
- Latulippe at 637 Rue Saint-Vallier O
- Echo Sports at 550 Rue du Marais
- Fradette Sport at 2600 Blvd Laurie
- Décathlon Sainte-Foy at 3390 Ave Blaise Pascal
Home Gym Equipment Near You
There will probably be some at those stores we just listed, but you can also buy home gym equipment near you by going to Fitness Depot at 355 Rue Marais. You can read more of our local fitness guides for cities like:
- New York City
Enjoy Working Out At Quebec City Gyms
At this point you have learned about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be higher than ever before. We would love it if you could share your own local fitness tips or let us know if we got anything wrong in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Quebec City or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.