The best gyms in Minneapolis and St Paul will be covered in full for you today. Additionally we are going to try and discuss as much as we can about the local fitness scene.
We will go ahead and begin with the best Minneapolis and St Paul gyms since they are probably why the majority of you ended up on this page. Once they have been listed and broken down we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms near you.
The best yoga and pilates studios around town will be up next. Workout bootcamps and barre exercises are getting more popular by the day so they definitely need to get a shout out as well.
Many prefer to head outdoors on a sunny day and we will list plenty of good outdoor recreations areas in the region where you can do just that. And to finish everything off we will get into the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment in your area.
We will also be sharing a local fitness map so that you can get a better understanding of the lay of the land if necessary. Check out more of our posts on cities around the Midwest at this link.
Best Gyms In Minneapolis & St Paul
Go to one of these best gyms in Minneapols and St Paul to get a great workout:
- YWCA Uptown at 2808 Hennepin Ave S
- YWCA Midtown at 2121 E Lake St
- Calhoun Beach Athletic Club at 2925 Dean Pkwy
- LA Fitness at 3001 Hennepin Ave #2210
- Life Time Athletic at 600 1st Ave N
- Blaisdell YMCA at 3335 Blaisdell Ave
- The Firm at 1010 Second Ave N
- Los Campeones Gym at 2721 E Franklin Ave
- Alchemy 365 at 246 9th Ave N
- Anytime Fitness at 2718 University Ave SE
- Snap Fitness at 945 Broadway St NE
- Vertical Endeavors at 2540 Nicollet Ave
- Life Time Fitness at 2145 Ford Pkwy, St Paul
- St Paul Athletic Club at 340 Cedar St, St Paul
- Alchemy 365 at 747 Cleveland Ave S, St Paul
- St Paul Downtown YMCA at 194 6th St E, St Paul
- St Paul Midway YMCA at 1761 University Ave W, St Paul
- Vertical Endeavors at 855 Phalen Blvd, St Paul
- Life Time Fitness at 1001 W 98th St, Bloomington
- Planet Fitness at 10590 France Ave S, Bloomington
- CrossFit 952 at 9349 Penn Ave S, Bloomington
- Anytime Fitness at 5107 W 98th St, Bloomington
- Vertical Endeavors at 9601 James Ave S, Bloomington
- Orangetheory Fitness at 8121 Wedgewood Ln N, Maple Grove
- Snap Fitness at 9475 Garland Ln N, Maple Grove
- Fierce Play at 1650 96th Ave N #B, Maple Grove
The Anytime Fitness, Snap Fitness, and Planet Fitness in Bloomington are some good 24 hour gyms near you. You should be able to find a pool for swimming laps and a basketball court at any of the YMCA’s, YWCA’s, LA Fitness, Life Time Fitness, Life Time Athletic, and the St Paul Athletic Club. Snap and Anytime have pools.
Zumba or other aerobic dance fitness classes are available at YWCA Uptown, YWCA Midtown, Blaisdell YMCA, The Firm, Butler Center, St Paul Downtown YMCA, Anytime, Lifetime, Snap, and the St Paul YWCA Uptown.
Parents who need childcare while they work out can head to Life Time Athletic, Life Time Fitness, Anytime Fitness, St Paul Downtown YMCA, and the YMCA’s and YWCA’s.
All three Vertical Endeavors locations are some really good indoor rock climbing gyms.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
Anyone that is trying to lose weight in a hurry should check out these indoor cycling and spinning studios near you:
- Surge Cycling at 5601 Wayzata Blvd
- Cyclebar at 2927 Girard Ave S
- F45 Training at 9408 Dunkirk Ln N, Maple Grove
Outside of those dedicated indoor cycling studios you can also find lots of group spinning classes at some of the best gyms in your area like the YWCA Uptown, YWCA Midtown, Life Time Athletic, The Firm, Life Time Fitness, Butler Center, St Paul Downtown YMCA, Orangetheory, Snap Fitness, and the St Paul YWCA Uptown.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
Those who want some serious training can get it at these local boxing and MMA gyms:
- Minnesota Kali Group at 4532 Chicago Ave
- Title Boxing Club at 5450 Lyndale Ave S
- The Cellar at 2828 Anthony Lane S
- The Academy MN at 6840 Shingle Creek Pkwy #24
- Krav Maga Minneapolis at 2905 Garfield Ave
- Bloomington Karate Center at 9012 Lyndale Ave S, Bloomington
- Farrell’s eXtreme Bodyshaping at 9893 Maple Grove Pkwy, Maple Grove
- Title Boxing Club at 11615 Fountains Dr, Maple Grove
There will be a wide variety of MMA classes at Bloomington Karate Center. The YMCA’s and YWCA’s also provide cardio boxing classes.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Minneapolis & St Paul
There are lots of options around town but in our opinion the best yoga and pilates studios near you would be:
- Modo Yoga at 3252-B West Lake Street #B
- One Yoga Studio at 721 West 26th St
- Yess Yoga at 21 and 23 East 26th St
- Corepower Yoga at 501 S Washington Ave #200
- Yoga Sol at 21 5th St NE
- Six Degrees at 3021 Holmes Ave
- Awaken Pilates Studio at 2909 Bryant Ave S #203
- St Paul Hot Yoga & Health at 535 Dale St N, St Paul
- CorePower Yoga at 12872 Bass Lake Rd, Maple Grove
- Club Pilates at 11658 Fountains Dr, Maple Grove
- YogaSix at 8056 Wedgewood Ln N, Maple Grove
Plus you can try out the local yoga and pilates classes at The Firm, Anytime Fitness, Life Time, Orangetheory, Snap, or any of the YMCA’s and YWCA’s. Additionally you can find group yoga lessons at Alchemy 365, Vertical Endeavors, Life Time Athletic, Life Time Fitness, and the St Paul Athletic Club.
We hope you understand that there are far too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know exactly what you are after. The above studios should cover just about all of your needs.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to workout bootcamps in your area like:
- Basecamp Fitness at 156 Hennepin Ave
- Top Gun Crossfit at 3712 Cedar Ave
- Fit Body Boot Camp at 375 Jackson St #115, St Paul
- Miriam’s Women Only Fitness at 726 W 98th St, Bloomington
- My Impact Fitness at 7498 E Fish Lake Rd #b, Maple Grove
Miriam’s is a good gym for women in Bloomington that has some great bootcamps. More bootcamps are available at Orangetheory and F45 Training too.
To tone your body quick visit one of these barre exercise studios:
- Pure Barre at 5620 W 36th St, St Louis Park
- Pure Barre at 1045 Grand Ave, St Paul
- barre3 at 2952 W 66th St, Edina
- Pure Barre at 7891 Main St, Maple Grove
Those studios specialize in it, but there are more barre fitness classes at the YWCA Uptown, YWCA Midtown, The Firm, Life Time Athletic, Life Time Fitness, St Paul Athletic Club, St Paul YWCA Uptown, and the St Paul Downtown YMCA.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
On a sunny day why not go hiking, ride bikes, or just be active at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Chain of Lakes
- Webber Natural Swimming Pool
- Peace Park
- Minnesota Landscape Arboretum
- Northeast Minneapolis Municipal Iris Gardens
- Minnehaha Falls
- Mississippi River Road Trail
- Eloise Butler Wildflower Garden
- Loring Park
- Como Park
- Midtown Greenway
- Carver Park Reserve
- Lake Calhoun
- Fort Snelling State Park
- Hyland Lake Park Reserve
- Richardson Nature Center
- Moir Park
- Thoresen Park
- Central Park of Maple Grove
Buy Sporting Goods In Minneapolis & St Paul
You should find all kinds of new gear and equipment at these Minneapolis and St Paul sporting goods stores:
- Mill City Running at 411 E Hennepin Ave
- Midwest Mountaineering at 309 Cedar Ave S
- 2nd Swing Golf at 2412 E Hennepin Ave
- Fleet Feet at 2312 W 50th St
- The Hub Bike Co-op at 3016 Minnehaha Ave
- Cal Surf & Sport at 1715 W. Lake St
- Joe’s Sporting Goods at 33 County Rd B E, St Paul
- Run N Fun at 868 Randolph Ave, St Paul
- Patagonia St. Paul at 1648 Grand Ave, St Paul
- Play It Again Sports at 145 Snelling Ave N, St Paul
- Erik’s Bike Board Ski at 431 E 78th St, Bloomington
- Rei at 750 W American Blvd, Bloomington
- JD Sports at 245 E Broadway E 241, Bloomington
- Pro Image Sports at 258 N Garden, Bloomington
- Dave’s Sport Shop at 13950 Grove Dr, Maple Grove
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 11361 Fountains Dr, Maple Grove
Play it Again Sports is a great place to buy or sell new and used sporting goods near you.
Home Gym Equipment Near You
To buy home gym equipment in your area head to:
- Johnson Fitness & Wellness Store at 6819 Wayzata Blvd, St Louis Park
- Peloton at 60 E Broadway, Bloomington 2
- Prince & Angie’s Fitness & Gym Equipment at 822 W 98th St, Bloomington
- Johnson Fitness & Wellness Store at 13630 80th Cir N, Maple Grove
Remember that some of the above sporting goods stores should also have some treadmills, stationary bikes, weight racks, and other home gym and fitness equipment too. Just so you know we have also covered:
- Gyms & Fitness in Milwaukee
- Gyms & Fitness in Chicago
- Gyms & Fitness in Winnipeg
- Gyms & Fitness in Duluth
Enjoy Working Out At Minneapolis & St Paul Gyms
Now that you have read about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be sky high. You can really help us and all of our readers out by letting us know if there is anything wrong on this page or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Minneapolis or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.