Thanks for checking out our post on the best gyms in Oslo. We hope to cover as much as possible about working out near you as quickly as we can.
Since the majority of you are here for the best Oslo gyms they will be the star of our opening section. Once they have been discussed in full detail we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in town.
Following that we will move on to the best yoga and pilates studios in your area. Workout bootcamps and barre exercises are more popular than ever so we will also be covering them.
When the weather is nice you may prefer to work out under the sun so we will share some of the top outdoor recreations areas in this part of Norway. And to wrap it all up the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will take us out of here.
Check out more of our posts on working out around Europe at this link.
Best Gyms In Oslo
Here is our list of the best gyms in Oslo for working out:
- Domus Athletica at Trimveien 4
- Sats Bislett at Bislettgata 6
- Sio Vulkan at Vulkan 15
- Fresh Fitness Carl Berner at Dælenenggata 4
- Evo Fitness at Thorvald Meyers Gate 74A
- Fitness24seven at Møllergata 3
- Oslo Klatresenter As at Olaf Helsets Vei 5
As you might be able to tell from the name Fitness24seven is a 24 hour gym near you. They also have a special women’s only gym available.
Domus Athletica has a pool for swimming laps and a tennis court. Sio Vulkan is another place with a pool.
If you want to try your hand at zumba or group aerobic dance classes head to Domus Athletica or Fresh Fitness Carl Berner. Klatresenter AS is a high quality indoor rock climing gym.
And if you need childcare while you work out you can get it at Sio Vulkan.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
We are not aware of any fully dedicated indoor cycling studios near you. However there are group spinning classes at Domus Athletica, Sio Vulkan, Fresh Fitness Carl Berner, and Sats Bislett.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
Those who want some serious training can get it at these Oslo boxing and MMA gyms:
- Fighter Sport AS at Storgata 37
- Frontline Academy at Bogstadveien 27B
- Frontline Muay Thai at Dronning Margretes Vei 11
- Grip Gym at Mandalls Gate 18
- Novus Academy at Solheimveien 56
- Oslo Boxing Club at Jordalgata 12
- Oslo Fight Center at Grenseveien 74
- Fighters Gym at Lofsrudveien 6
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Oslo
There are lots of options around town but in our opinion the best yoga and pilates studios near you would be:
- Leela Yoga at Heimdalsgata 10
- Bikram Yoga Oslo AS at Grønnegata 10
- Joy Yoga at Gøteborggata 23
- Kundalini Yoga Skolen at Prof. Dahls Gate 30
- Raw Yoga at Parkveien 62
- Indah Yoga at Darres Gate 20
- Pilates Room at Hansteens Gate 1
Domus Athletica and Sats Bislett from our initial best Oslo gyms list also provide yoga and pilates classes for their members. Another place for yoga lessons is Fresh Fitness Carl Berner.
We hope you understand that there are far too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know exactly what you are after. The above studios should cover just about all of your needs.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to workout bootcamps and some of the best in town are:
Fresh Fitness Carl Berner and Sats Bislett also put on workout bootcamps.
We don’t know of any barre exercise studios in the area, however Pilates Room from the yoga and pilates section does have barre fitness classes.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
On a sunny day consider hiking, riding bikes, or just being active at one of these outdoor recreation areas in this area of Norway:
- Sognsvann Lake
- River Akerselva
- Palace Park
- Frogner Park
- Maridalsvannet Lake
- The University Botanical Garden
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Oslo
You should find all kinds of new gear and equipment at these Oslo sporting goods stores:
- Nomaden at Uranienborgveien 4
- Oslo Sportslager at Torggata 20
- Sportsnett Norge at Olav Vs Gate 6
- Milsluker’n Sport at Sognsveien 75 A
- Birk Sport at Marcus Thranes Gate 2
- Sport Outlet Karl Johan at Karl Johans Gate 25
- G-Max Oslo at Vitaminveien 6
- Xxl at Storgata 2
- Nike Store at Karl Johans Gate 12
Home Gym Equipment
You can find a wide variety of home gym equipment by visiting Fitness Engros Norge AS at Selma Ellefsens Vei 6. Plus those sporting goods stores near you should have some.
By the way we have also written about:
- Yoga Studios & Boxing Gyms in Copenhagen
- Yoga Studios & Boxing Gyms in Helsinki
- Yoga Studios & Boxing Gyms in Stockholm
- Yoga Studios & Boxing Gyms in Reykjavik
Enjoy Working Out At Oslo Gyms
After reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you there should be nothing holding you back. We will be back often to update this page so that these lists remain correct.
Our readers would really appreciate it if you would let us know if we said anything incorrect or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Oslo or working out in whichever way you prefer.