Last updated on June 9th, 2021
This post will focus on the best gyms in Budapest. Additionally we are going to try and discuss as much as we can about the local fitness scene.
We will go ahead and begin with the best Budapest gyms since they are probably why the majority of you ended up on this page. Once they have been listed and broken down we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in town.
The best yoga and pilates studios in the area will be up next. Workout bootcamps and barre exercises are getting more popular by the day so they definitely deserve a shout out too.
Many prefer to head outdoors on a sunny day and we will list plenty of good outdoor recreations areas in this part of Hungary where you can do just that. And to finish everything off the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will be how we end this.
But before we get out of here we will share a local fitness map so that you can get a better understanding of the lay of the land if necessary. Europe is obviously an area we have discussed quite a few times in the past if you are interested.
Best Gyms In Budapest
You should always be able to get a great workout at any of these best gyms in Budapest:
- Life1 Corvin Wellness at Futó u. 48-50
- Go Active Holmes Place at Holló u. 12-14
- Oxygen Wellness at Naphegy utca 67
- Sun Palace Fitness at Nagyszombat u. 1
- Bliss & Body at Ó u. 43-49
- Fitness2000 at Serény u. 2
- Flex Gym at Márvány u. 17
- Scitec Gold at Könyves Kálmán krt. 12-14
- Peak Gold Gym at Üllői út 765
- Mecca Gym at Béke u. 23
- Nr1fitness 24/7 at Oktogon-ház Aradi u. 8
- Bigwall at Károlyi István u. 10
- Spider Club at Fényes Adolf u. 19-21
Scitec Gold is a good 24 hour gym near you for those who need to work out at odd hours. You should be able to find a pool for swimming laps at the top five on the above list.
There are zumba or group aerobic dance classes available at Life1 Corvin Wellness, Oxygen Wellness, Nr1fitness 24/7, and Fitness2000. Parents who need childcare can get it at Sun Palace Fitness, Spider Club, and Fitness2000.
Bigwall and Spider Club would be the top two indoor rock climbing gyms in town.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
Astoria Fitness Center at Károly krt. 4 has a really nice indoor cycling studio. Other places for spinning fitness classes are Life1 Corvin Wellness, Oxygen Wellness, Bliss and Body, Go Active Holmes Place, and Fitness2000.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
Those who want some serious training can get it at these boxing and MMA gyms:
- Beast Arena at Hengermalom út 19-21
- Zugló Fit Club at Szugló u. 57
- Eso & Box Body Fitness Club at Vas Gereben u. 4
- Rokko Gym at Barcsay u. 3
- Re-Gym at Szív u. 16
There are also cardio boxing or some kind of fighting classes at some of the best Budapest gyms from our initial list like Flex Gym, Scitec Gold, and Fitness2000.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Budapest
There are lots of options around town but in our opinion the best yoga and pilates studios near you would be:
- Aerial Yoga Hungary at Bajcsy-Zsilinszky út 31
- Samadhi Jógastúdió at Dráva u. 17
- Aum Jóga Astoria at Károly krt. 3/a
- Downdog Jóga Oktogon at Eötvös u. 26/c
- Anahita Yoga & Spiritual Center at Kádár u. 10
- Up Pilates Studio at Vincellér u. 39/a
- Mbody Pilates at Margit körút 1
- Animus Pilates Studio at Sütő u. 2
Go Active Holmes Place and Fitness2000 also offer both yoga and pilates classes to their members. More group yoga lessons can be found at Life1 Corvin Wellness, Oxygen Wellness, and Nr1fitness 24/7.
We hope you understand that there are far too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know exactly what you are after. The above studios should cover just about all of your needs.
Victory Fitness at Stop Shop, Árpád út 183-185 is a good place to find workout bootcamps.
Body Factory at Virányos út 15a is a high quality barre exercise studio. As you can see workout bootcamps and barre fitness classes are not big in Hungary at the moment but we bet that changes in the next few years.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
On a sunny day why not go hiking, ride bikes, or just be active at one of these outdoor recreation areas around Hungary:
- Danube River
- Fisherman’s Bastion
- Margaret Island
- Memento Park
- Kőbánya Mines
- Buda Hills
- Rám Szakadék
- Archaeological Park
- Blue Trail
- Gerecse kapuja
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Budapest
You should find all kinds of new gear and equipment at these Budapest sporting goods stores:
- Tengerszem Hiking Equipment at Dohány u. 29
- Hervis at Lövőház u. 2-6
- Nomád Sport Outdoor at Jókai u. 40
- Store 13 at Karolina út 17b
- Lv Sports at Kinizsi u. 25
- Sarkcsillag Sport Bolt at Bécsi út 171
- Touchdown Store at Soroksári út 8
- Sportsdirect at Nagytétényi út 45
- Decathlon at Nyugati tér 1
Home Gym Equipment
That previous list will have some options but you can buy more home gym equipment at:
- Insportline at Gyömrői út 99
- Futópad Outlet Hayran Fitness Kft at Gyömrői út 108-126
- Sports Fitness at Gergely u. 112/c
- Vital Force at Garay tér 20
By the way we have also written about:
- Fitness Classes & Gyms in Vienna
- Fitness Classes & Gyms in Belgrade
- Fitness Classes & Gyms in Prague
- Fitness Classes & Gyms in Warsaw
Enjoy Working Out At Budapest Gyms
Well guys, for now that is all that we have to share with you. After reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you you should feel a lot better about what comes next. We will be back often to update this page to keep the info current.
Our readers would really appreciate it if you would let us know if we said anything incorrect or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Budapest or working out in whichever way you prefer.