Anyone that finds this page better be ready to dive deep into a discussion on the best gyms in Stockholm. We will be covering as much as possible about working out near you as quickly as we can.
Since the majority of you are here for the best Stockholm gyms they will be the star of our opening section. Once they have been discussed in full detail we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
Following that we will move on to the best local yoga and pilates studios in town. Workout bootcamps and barre exercises are more popular than ever so will have to talk about them too.
When the weather is nice you may prefer to work out under the sun so we will share some of the top outdoor recreations areas in this part of Sweden. And to wrap it all up the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will take us out of here.
You can look through more local fitness guides for cities in Europe at that link.
Best Gyms In Stockholm
You should always be able to get a great workout at any of these best gyms in Stockholm:
- Sturebadet at Sturegallerian 36
- Sats at Vasagatan 1
- Forsgrénska badet at Medborgarplatsen 6
- Friskis & Svettis Kungsholmen at St Eriksgatan 54
- Nordic Wellness Odenplan at Västmannagatan 44A
- Gymmet Sthlm at Årstaängsvägen 33B
- Delta Gym Ab at Hälsingegatan 5
- Fitness24Seven at Sergelgatan 12
- Klättercentret Telefonplan at Tellusgången 22-24
Those who need to be able to work out can sign up for Fitness24Seven which is obviously a 24 hour gym near you. The top three on the above list should all have a pool for swimming laps.
Anyone that wants to join zumba or group aerobic dance classes can do so at Friskis & Svettis Kungsholmen and Sturebadet. For the best indoor rock climbing gym in your area head to Klättercentret Telefonplan.
Sats, Friskis & Svettis Kungsholmen, and Nordic Wellness Odenplan call all provide childcare while you workout.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
One of our favorite ways to get cardio, check out these indoor cycling and spinning studios near you:
- Studio L’Echelon at Nybrogatan 74
- Becore at Tulegatan 33
Friskis & Svettis Kungsholmen and Nordic Wellness Odenplan from our initial best Stockholm gyms list also have group spinning classes.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
Those who want some serious training can get it at these boxing and MMA gyms:
- Aif Boxning at Bråvallagatan 6-8
- Stockholm Kickboxning at Gästrikegatan 5
- If Linnéa Boxning at Erstagatan 22
- Odenplan Fightgym at Hagagränd 2
- Narva Boxningsklubb at Frejgatan 32
- Fightbox at Katarinavägen 20
- Berserk MMA at Hjärnegatan 1K
- All Stars at Hagagatan 31
If all you care about is getting a sweat in then the cardio boxing classes at Friskis & Svettis Kungsholmen and Nordic Wellness Odenplan should provide what you need as well.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Stockholm
Yogayama at Jungfrugatan 8 is a great studio while Sturebadet also has both yoga and pilates classes in your area. More group yoga lessons are available at Sats, Friskis & Svettis Kungsholmen, and Nordic Wellness Odenplan.
We hope you understand that there are far too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know exactly what you are after. The above studios should cover just about all of your needs.
Barry’s Bootcamp at Jakobsbergsgatan 21 is a good place to go to get in shape quick. You will also be able to try out aqua and regular bootcamps at Sturebadet, and Sats has bootcamps as well.
Sthlm Barre which you can find at Almlöfsgatan 3 is the best barre exercise studio in your area.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
On a sunny day consider hiking, riding bikes, or just being active at one of these outdoor recreation areas around Sweden:
- Saltsjöbadens Friluftsbad
- Gärdet City Park
- Tyresta National Park
- Baltic Sea
- Stockholm Archipelago
- Sörmland Trail
- The Green Trails
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Stockholm
You should find all kinds of new gear and equipment at these Stockholm sporting goods stores:
- Igor Sport at Götgatan 90
- Sneakersnstuff at Åsögatan 124
- Gamla Stans Cykel at Lilla Nygatan 10
- Alewalds Outdoor & Sports at Kungsgatan 32
- Alpingaraget at Birger Jarlsgatan 127
- Naturkompaniet at Kungsgatan 4A
- CykelCity at Folkungagatan 126
- Löplabbet at Kungsgatan 43
- Röhnisch Sportswear at Norrlandsgatan 21
- Stadium at Hamngatan 26
- Intersport at Drottninggatan 53
- Adidas Concept Store at Sveavägen 21-23
Home Gym Equipment Near You
There will probably be some for sale at the local sporting goods stores but another good place to buy home gym equipment in your area is He Fitness at Sveavägen 107. Just so you know we have also written posts about:
- Working out at Oslo gyms
- Working out at Copenhagen gyms
- Working out at Helsinki gyms
- Working out at Saint Petersburg gyms
Enjoy Working Out At Stockholm Gyms
Now that you have read about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be through the roof. Our readers would really appreciate it if you would let us know if we said anything incorrect or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Stockholm or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.