Welcome to this post on the best gyms in Seattle. As things progress forward we will also be discussing as much as we know about the local fitness scene.
We will go ahead and begin with the best Seattle gyms since they are probably why the majority of you ended up on this page. Once they have been listed and broken down we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in town.
The best yoga and pilates studios in your area will be up next. Workout bootcamps and barre exercises are getting more popular by the day so they have to get a shout out as well.
Many prefer to head outdoors on a sunny day and we will list plenty of good outdoor recreations areas in the region where you can do just that. And to finish everything off the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will be how we end this.
But before we get out of here we will share a local fitness map so that you can get a better understanding of the lay of the land if necessary. Just so you know we have a separate post for working out in Tacoma.
Best Gyms In Seattle
You can visit one of these best gyms in Seattle to get a great workout:
- Olympic Athletic Club at 5301 Leary NW
- Seattle Athletic Club at 2020 Western Ave
- Pro Club at 501 Eastlake Ave E, 2nd Fl
- Downtown YMCA at 909 4th Ave
- Ballard Health Club at 2208 NW Market St
- Momentum Indoor Climbing at 2759 1st Ave S
- Vertical World at 2330 W Commodore Way
- Pro Club at 4455 148th Ave NE, Bellevue
Those who work out at odd hours and are searching for a 24 hour gym near you can check out Ballard Health Club. You can swim laps in a pool or use the basketball courts at the Downtown YMCA, Olympic Athletic Club, Seattle Athletic Club, and both Pro Clubs in your area.
Zumba or group aerobic dance classes are available at Olympic Athletic Club, Seattle Athletic Club, and both Pro Clubs. Momentum and Vertical World are two of the best indoor rock climbing gyms in the city.
And any parents who need childcare while they work out can get it at the Downtown YMCA and both Pro Clubs.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
The classes at these indoor cycling and spinning studios in your area can help you lose weight quick:
Those studios are really nice plus some of the best Seattle gyms have group spinning classes like Olympic Athletic Club, Seattle Athletic Club and both Pro Clubs.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
If you have dreams of being the next world champ head to one of these boxing and MMA gyms near you:
- Title Boxing Club at 112 N 85th St
- MKG Martial Arts International at 11552 15th Ave NE
- Cappy’s Boxing Gym at 2719 E Union St #B09
- Combat Arts Academy at 5050 Delridge Way SW
- Ivan Salaverry MMA Studio at 230 8th Ave N
- Praxis Brazilian Jiu Jitsu at 222 Minor Ave N
- Jabx Kickboxing at 1331 118th Ave SE #200, Bellevue
Or if you aren’t trying to be world champ and just want to get a sweat in the cardio boxing classes at Seattle Athletic Club, both Pro Clubs, and the Downtown YMCA should satisfy your needs.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Seattle
You won’t be lacking for options but in our opinion the best Seattle yoga and pilates studios would be:
- Urban Yoga Spa at 1900 4th Ave
- Pranify Yoga at 7110 Woodlawn Ave NE
- Hauteyoga at 2131 Queen Anne Ave N
- Shefayoga Roosevelt at 6521 Roosevelt Way NE
- Breathe Hot Yoga at 2720 4th Ave #115
- Studio 45 at 5101 25th Ave NE
- Inspire at 2620 California Ave SW #200
More local yoga and pilates classes can be found at Seattle Athletic Club, Downtown YMCA, both Pro Clubs, and Ballard Health Club. There are also group yoga lessons at Olympic Athletic Club.
The thing is, there are way too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know which you will prefer. The above studios should cover just about all of your needs.
These workout bootcamps in your area should be able to provide the extra lift to get you through it:
Ballard Health Club also provides workout bootcamps for their members.
These barre exercise studios are a great place to get a toned body:
- Tribe Fitness at 606 Broadway E #A
- Barre3 Seattle at 1404 12th Ave
- Pure Barre at 500 Mercer St #c205
Some of the best gyms in your area also have barre fitness classes Seattle Athletic Club, both Pro Clubs, and Ballard Health Club if you don’t feel like going to a dedicated studio.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
When the weather is nice you can go hiking, ride bikes, or just be active at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Green Lake Park
- Discovery Park
- Mt. Baker
- North Cascades National Park
- Magnuson Park
- Mount Rainier
- Alki Beach Park
- Gas Works Park
- Elliott Bay Trail
- Burke Gilman Trail
- Lake Union
- Washington Park Arboretum
- Olympic National Park
- Burke-Gilman Trail
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Seattle
There will be all kinds of new gear and equipment at these Seattle sporting goods stores:
- Super Jock & Jill at 7210 E. Greenlake Drive N
- Outdoor Emporium at 1701 4th Ave S #1514
- Ascent Outdoors at 5209 Ballard Ave NW
- Evo at 3500 Stone Way N
- Northwest Outdoor Center at 2100 Westlake Ave N #1
- Second Ascent at 5209 Ballard Ave NW
- Play it Again Sports at 1304 Stewart St
- Sturtevant’s at 13131 NE 20th St, Bellevue
- Road Runner Sports at 444 Ramsay Way #114 Kent Station, Kent
Play it Again Sports is a great option when you want to buy or sell new and used sporting goods near you.
Home Gym Equipment
That previous list will have some options but you can buy more home gym equipment at local stores like:
By the way we have also written about:
- Best Local Fitness Studios in Spokane
- Best Local Fitness Studios in Portland
- Best Local Fitness Studios in Vancouver
- Best Local Fitness Studios Around the Pacific NW
Enjoy Working Out At Seattle Gyms
After reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you so what is holding you back? We will be back often to update this page so that these lists stay fresh.
If you think we got something wrong or if you have any of your own local fitness tips to add please use the comments at the bottom of this post to let us know. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Seattle or working out in whichever way you prefer.