Hello and welcome to this post on the best gyms in Portland. Our goal is to cover as much as possible about working out near you as quickly as we can.
We bet most of you are here for the best Portland gyms so they will be the star of our opening section. Once they have been discussed in full detail we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
After that we will move on to the best local yoga and pilates studios in town. Workout bootcamps and barre exercises are trending upwards and we will dive into them as well.
When the weather is nice you may prefer to work out under the sun so we will share some of the top outdoor recreations areas around Oregon of which there are obviously many. And to wrap it all up the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will take us out of here.
Check out our other posts on working out around the Pacific Northwest right here.
Best Gyms In Portland
Here is our list of the best gyms in Portland for working out:
- Lloyd Athletic Club at 815 NE Halsey St
- Multnomah Athletic Club at 1849 SW Salmon St
- LA Fitness at 1400 NW Northrup St
- 24 Hour Fitness at 1210 NW Johnson St
- Bethany Athletic Club at 15670 NW Central Dr
- Hollywood Fitness at 5223 NE Sandy Blvd
- Portland Rock Gym at 21 NE 12th Ave
- Villasport Athletic Club & Spa at 13900 SW Meridian St, Beaverton
- Cascade Athletic Club at 19201 SE Division St, Gresham
- Lyft Fitness at 23500 SE Stark St, Gresham
- Hawthorn Farm Athletic Club & Spa at 4800 NE Belknap Ct, Hillsboro
A couple of 24 hour gyms near you are 24 Hour Fitness and Hollywood Fitness. You should be able to find a pool for swimming laps and a basketball court at Multnomah Athletic Club, 24 Hour Fitness, Villasport Athletic Club, Cascade Athletic Club, and Hawthorn Farm Athletic Club.
To try your hand at zumba or group aerobic dance classes head to Lloyd Athletic Club, 24 Hour Fitness, Bethany Athletic Club, Villasport Athletic Club, and Lyft Fitness. Anyone that needs childcare while they work out can find it at Cascade Athletic Club.
For the best indoor rock climibing gym in your area visit Portland Rock Gym.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
There are some spinning and indoor cycling classes for cardio near you and some of the best are:
The above cycling studios are really good, plus there are more group spinning classes at Lloyd Athletic Club, 24 Hour Fitness, Bethany Athletic Club, and Lyft Fitness.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
For some serious training try out these local boxing and MMA gyms:
- Fierce Fitness Kickboxing at 7800 SW Durham Rd #300
- Portland City Boxing at 321 NW Glisan St
- Northwest Fighting Arts at 1200 SE Morrison St
- Mata Leao Combat Sports at 1115 SE Stephens St
- Straight Blast Gym at 1812 NE 43rd Ave
- Renzo Gracie Jiu Jitsu at 833 N Shaver St
24 Hour Fitness, Villasport Athletic Club & Spa, and Lyft Fitness also have group boxing classes in your area if all you care about is getting a sweat in.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Portland
One of our more popular sections, here are the best yoga and pilates studios near you:
- Yoga Union Wellness Center at 2305 SE 50th Ave
- The People’s Yoga at 3014 NE Killingsworth St
- Firelight Yoga at 1475 N Killingsworth St
- Modo Yoga at 400 SE Grand Ave
- Yoyoyogi at 1306 NW Hoyt St #101
- Yoga Pearl at 925 NW Davis St
- Bhakti Yoga Movement Center at 2500 SE 26th Ave
- Firebrand Sports at 500 NW 14th Ave
- Studio Blue Pilates at 2232 NW Pettygrove #100
Outside of those studios you will also find both yoga and pilates classes at 24 Hour Fitness, Portland Rock Gym, and Cascade Athletic Club. More group yoga lessons are available at Bethany Athletic Club, Villasport Athletic Club & Spa, and Lyft Fitness.
Plus Lloyd Athletic Club puts on local pilates classes. We hope you understand that there are far too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know exactly what you are after. The above studios should cover just about all of your needs.
If you have been stuck in a rut these workout bootcamps could give you that edge we all sometimes need:
- Fulcrum Fitness at 3934 NE MLK Jr Blvd
- Fit Body Boot Camp at 1423 SE 23rd Ave
- Pdxstrength at 8835 N Bradford St
24 Hour Fitness is another place to find workout bootcamps in your area.
Visiting a barre exercise studio is a great way to tone your body quick:
- Barre3 Pearl at 1000 NW Marshall St
- The Bar Method at 904 NW Hoyt St
- Pure Barre at 1504 NE Broadway St
Some of the best gyms in Portland also have barre fitness classes like Lloyd Athletic Club, Bethany Athletic Club, and Villasport Athletic Club & Spa.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
On a sunny day consider hiking, riding bikes, or just being active at one of these outdoor recreation areas around Oregon:
- International Rose Test Gardens
- Mt. Hood
- Oxbow Regional Park
- Forest Park
- Willamette River
- The Gorge Green Cross
- White Salmon River
- Sandy River
- Blue Lake Regional Park
- Multnomah Falls
- Stub Stewart State Park
- Tryon Creek State Natural Area
- Powell Butte
- Waterfront Park Trail
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Portland
These Portland sporting goods stores are a good option when you need new gear or equipment:
- Next Adventure at 426 SE Grand Ave
- Sportsman’s Warehouse at 9401 SE 82nd Ave
- U.S. Outdoor Store at 219 SW Broadway
- Evo Portland Store at 200 SE MLK Jr Blvd
- Fisherman’s Marine & Outdoor at 1120 N Hayden Meadows Dr
- Oregon Mountain Community Gear at 2975 NE Sandy Blvd
- Rei at 1405 NW Johnson St
- Rock Creek Cyclery at 8130 NE Nicholas Ct #18, Hillsboro
- Sportsman’s Warehouse at 10645 NE Tanasbourne Dr, Hillsboro
- Sierra Trading Post at 11270 NW Evergreen Pkwy, Hillsboro
- Portland Running & Walking Co at 10029 SW Nimbus Ave, Beaverton
Home Gym Equipment Near You
Our previous list will probably also have some but you can buy more home gym equipment in your area at:
By the way we have also covered:
- Yoga Studios & All Kinds of Gyms in Seattle
- Yoga Studios & All Kinds of Gyms in Vancouver
- Yoga Studios & All Kinds of Gyms in San Francisco
- Yoga Studios & All Kinds of Gyms in Eugene
Enjoy Working Out At Portland Gyms
Hopefully you learned something about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you and now your confidence is sky high. Our readers would really appreciate it if you would let us know if we said anything incorrect or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Portland or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.