Thanks for checking out our view of the best gyms in Bridgeport and everything you need to know about fitness and working out near you. Within a few short minutes we hope you will have a much better understanding of the whole scene.
The best gyms in Bridgeport will be covered first, but after that we still will have a lot to get to. We will be breaking down the best places to go for spinning and indoor cycling, as well as the best boxing and MMA gyms you will find here.
Up next we will get into the best pilates and yoga studios near you. Other topics on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will be covered as we move forward.
Of course you don’t always need to go to the gym to get a sweat in so some of the top outdoor recreation areas in the city will be listed as well. And following all of that we will talk about where you can buy sporting goods and home gym equipment in Bridgeport.
We have a lot to get to since we are also covering some gyms in Norwalk, Fairfield, Westport and Stamford so we better get started. You can look through more posts about all kinds of fitness in the Northeast at that link.
Best Gyms In Bridgeport
Here is our list of the best gyms in Bridgeport for working out:
- Bridgeport Branch YMCA at 850 Park Ave
- The J Fitness at 4200 Park Ave
- Rough House Crossfit at 3255 Fairfield Ave
- Epic Interval Training at 955 Connecticut Ave
- Pulaski Strength at 123 Glenwood Ave
- Hybrid Athletics at 1434 State St
- Beta Climbing + Fitness at 45 Harbor Dr, Stamford
- Chelsea Piers Athletic Club at 1 Blachley Rd, Stamford
- Underground Fitness at 473 Hope St, Stamford
- LA Fitness at 52 6th St, Stamford
- New York Sports Club at 106 Commerce Rd, Stamford
- LA Fitness at 761 Main Ave, Norwalk
- Crunch Fitness at 770 Connecticut Ave, Norwalk
- Orangetheory Fitness at 205 Main Ave, Norwalk
- The Edge Fitness Club at 542 Westport Ave, Norwalk
The YMCA has both a pool and a basketball court so it should cover most of your needs. The J also has a pool. In Norwalk you can get a pool and basketball court at LA Fitness, and in Stamford both LA Fitness and New York Sports club have a pool and basketball court.
Beta Climbing is the best indoor climbing gym in the Bridgeport area. Underground Fitness in Stamford is 24 hours and has won the award for the best gym in Fairfield County many years in a row.
For crossfit you can go to Roughhouse or Epic Interval Training.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
Some of the best spinning and indoor cycling classes for cardio near you can be found at studios like:
- Cyclebar at 85 Mill Plain Rd Ste C, Fairfield
- Lifecycle at 135 Bedford St, Stamford
- Joyride Cycling + Fitness at 1200 Post Rd E, Westport
- Soulcycle Westport at 372 Post Road E, Westport
We have linked you to all of these indoor cycling studios websites so that you can check out their schedule of classes and see which is best for you. You can reserve your spot in the group classes now so that you know you can go spinning when the time comes.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
Fighting can be another great way to get some cardio and the best boxing and MMA gyms in Bridgeport are:
- Ortiz Boxing Gym at 955 Connecticut Ave
- Marcelo Garcia Jiu-Jitsu Association at 775 Wood Ave
- Ilovekickboxing at 530 Kings Highway Cutoff, Fairfield
- Radius Martial Arts Academy at 697 Post Rd, Fairfield
- Jompikad Muay Thai Gym at 314 Westport Ave fl 2, Norwalk
Ilovekickboxing has many different classes throughout the week and also on the weekends when they have morning classes. Marcelo Garcia Jiu-Jitsu Academy has classes for kids as young as 4 years old, women, and men.
Radius Martial Arts Academy has Jiu Jitsu lessons as well as other forms of mixed martial arts. Jompikad focuses mostly on Muay Thai but is one of the best MMA gyms in Bridgeport.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Bridgeport
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios near you to get your fitness in like:
- Great Heart Yoga at 130 Elm St
- Black Rock Yoga at 3064 Fairfield Ave
- Stamford Yoga Center at 13 Spring Street F2, Stamford
- Dew Yoga at 123 High Ridge Road 3rd Fl, Stamford
- Saraswati’s Yoga Joint at 1 N Water St, Norwalk
- Black Rock Pilates Studio at 2889 Fairfield Ave
If you wanted to find yoga for kids in Bridgeport head to Dew on Saturdays. They all will have classes for beginners if you are new to learning yoga poses.
Stamford Yoga Center offers teacher training in a 4 week 2 hour summer course. Black Rock Pilates has been around since 2005 and they offer private lessons or group classes.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to workout bootcamps and some of the best in town can be found at Epic Interval Training from our main list or at any Orangetheory Fitness near you.
Barre fitness classes are all the rage these days and you can find them near you at:
- The Bar Method at 85 Mill Plain Rd Ste U Sportsplex, Fairfield
- Pure Barre at 1876 Blackrock Tpke, Fairfield
The Bar Method has a variety of barre exercise classes in Bridgeport to choose from that can help you choose the right one for you. Most are 60 minutes, they also have some express classes that are 45 minutes long.
Pure Barre has foundation classes for newcomers who want to build a good base of knowledge on how to get the best workout, as well as more advanced options.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
As we mentioned before the gyms in Bridgeport are not the only places to workout. Many people prefer to run or ride bikes outside and some great places for outdoor recreation are:
- The Adventure Park
- Pleasure Beach
- Jennings Beach
- Pequonnock River Trail
- Seaside Park
- Beardsley Park
- Captain’s Cove Seaport
The Adventure Park is at Discovery Museum and has zip lines, axe throwing, and all sorts of cool outdoor activities. In fact it is the largest forest climbing park you can find anywhere in New England.
Pequonnock River Trail is great for cycling, hiking, and running. Running at one of the beaches can be a great way to gain leg strength, while Captain’s Cove Seaport is great for fishing.
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Bridgeport
You may need to buy some things that will help you work out or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Bridgeport are:
- Mister Sports at 172 Boston Ave
- Kips Ski Shop at 3389 Fairfield Ave
- Orbit Marine Sports Center at 3273 Fairfield Ave
- Bass Pro Shops at 1 Bass Pro Dr
- Modell’s Sporting Goods at 148 Boston Ave
- Pedigree Ski Shop at 350 Bedford St, Stamford
- The Athlete’s Source at 1097 High Ridge Rd, Stamford
- Modells Sporting Goods at 2113 Summer St, Stamford
- Pedego 203 at 21 1st St., Norwalk
- Fisherman’s World at 2 Fort Point St, Norwalk
- Rei at 189 Connecticut Ave, Norwalk
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 444 Connecticut Ave, Norwalk
Bass Pro Shop, Modell’s, and Fisherman’s World are great places to find all kinds of outdoor sporting goods. The Athlete’s Source has a huge collection of athletic shoes for running, cycling, or whatever you may need.
Home Gym Equipment
Those sporting goods stores will likely have some home gym equipment, but you can also find more workout machines at:
- Fitness Showrooms of Connecticut at 508 Main Ave, Norwalk
- Total Fitness Equipment at 575 Boston Post Rd, Orange
- Gym Source at 20 Railroad Ave, Greenwich
By the way we have also written about:
In case you want to compare the fitness scene here to others in the region.
Enjoy Working Out At Bridgeport Gyms
Well guys, for now that is all that we have to discuss. After reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you you should be fully prepared for what comes next. We will be back often to update this page so that these lists stay fresh.
If you think we got something wrong or if you have any of your own local fitness tips to add please use the comments to let us know. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Bridgeport or working out in whichever way you prefer.