The best gyms in Leeds plus all the things we know about working out near you will be covered in full detail for you today. Your time is very important so we will do our best not to waste it.
Diving right in to the best Leeds gyms seems like the right way to get this one going. Up next we will talk about the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes, and our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in the area will get a shout out as well.
We know many of you are going to be interested in the best pilates and yoga studios near you. As we continue to move forward other subjects on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will be covered too.
The gym is great but isn’t your only option for cardio so there will be a lengthy list of the top outdoor recreations areas in the region. And to finish things off we will tell you about the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you.
The UK is an area that we have written about many times and you can look through all of our posts on the country here.
Best Gyms In Leeds
The best Leeds gyms to get a great workout at are:
- The Edge at University of Leeds, Willow Terrace Rd
- JD Gym at Limewood Approach, Off The Ring Rd Seacroft
- Puregym at City South Retail Park, Tulip St
- David Lloyd at Tongue Ln Moortown
- Virgin Active Health & Spa at Kirkstall Rd Cardigan Fields
- Primal Gym at 4 The Blvd
- The Climbing Lab Indoor Bouldering at #14 & 15 Kirkstall Industrial Park
If you are looking for 24 hour access try JD Gym or Puregym. The Edge, David Lloyd, and Virgin Active should all have a pool. The Climbing Lab Indoor Bouldering would get the nod for best indoor climbing gym near you.
To find group zumba or aerobic dance classes head to The Edge, JD Gym, Puregym, or David Lloyd. You can also get childcare while you workout at David Lloyd.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
Go Revolution Indoor Cycling Studio at 40 Commercial St in Harrogate would get the nod for best indoor cycling studio in the area. You can also try the group spinning classes at The Edge, JD Gym, Puregym, David Lloyd, orVirgin Active Health and Spa.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
You can improve your technique a lot by going to these boxing and MMA gyms:
- Bad Company Thai Boxing Gym at 3 Glenthorpe Cres
- Tigers Gym Boxing & Thai Boxing at 8a Stonegate Rd, Meanwood
- Golden Team Thai Boxing Gym at 36 Whitehouse St, Hunslet
- Muay Thai Kiatphontip at Stamford House, 25 Cross Stamford St
- Game Fight BJJ at Stamford House, 25 Cross Stamford St
For more group cardio boxing classes check out some of the other places from our best gyms list like The Edge, JD Gym, Puregym, Virgin Active Health and Spa, or Primal Gym.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Leeds
We bet many of you would enjoy these Leeds yoga or pilates studios:
- Yoga Kula at 114 Harrogate Rd
- The Yoga Space at 378 Meanwood Rd
- Yoga Hero at The Boulevard Leeds Dock
- The Hot Room at Level 2 The Core, The Headrow
- Sheng Yoga at 42A Park Pl
- Embody Pilates at 8 Sunset View, Meanwood
- Chapel Allerton Pilates at 90 Harrogate Rd
There are more yoga and pilates classes at The Edge, Puregym, David Lloyd, and Virgin Active Health and Spa. With so many varieties of poses and techniques these days like vinyasa, hatha flow, hot, bikram, power, ashtanga or more and we really don’t know what you are after.
Check out those links to the above studios and choose the right one for your personal needs.
Trailblazer Fitness is a high quality workout bootcamp that is often held at Bramley Park. The Edge, JD Gym, and Puregym also offer workout bootcamps.
Barre and Body at Otley Old Rd would be the top barre workout studio near you. You may also be interested in the group barre exercise classes at The Edge and Virgin Active.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
When you want to get some sun and go hiking, running, or riding bikes outside of the best gyms in Leeds you can try these outdoor recreation areas:
- Menagerie Woods at Temple Newsam
- West Leeds Activity Centre
- Yeadon Tarn
- Aire Valley Towpath
- Ilkley Lido
- Roundhay Park
- Otley Chevin Forest Park
- Leeds Urban Bike Park
- Battlefield Leeds
- Stockeld Park
- Temple Newsam
- Meanwood Valley Trail
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Leeds
These Leeds sporting goods stores are great places to buy new gear or equipment:
- Woodrup Cycles at 345-347 Kirkstall Rd
- Snow + Rock at 8-12 Lands Ln
- Ko Sports at 99 Roundhay Rd
- All Rounder Cricket at 39 St Michael’s Ln
- Cycle Surgery at 8-12 Lands Ln
- Nike Factory Store at Crown Point Shopping Center #4
- Up & Running at 12 Boar Ln
- Jd Sports at 132 Briggate
- Sports Direct at 20 The Headrow
Home Gym Equipment
The list we just shared will probably also have some but you can also buy home gym equipment at:
- Home Gym Solutions at The Leeming Building, George St
- Powerhouse Fitness at Alexandra Rd, Batley
- Restyle Fitness Equipment Ltd at Thorpe Rd East Ardsley, Wakefield
In case you might be interested we have also discussed:
- Boxing & Climbing Gyms in Sheffield
- Boxing & Climbing Gyms in Manchester
- Boxing & Climbing Gyms in Liverpool
- Boxing & Climbing Gyms in Newcastle upon Tyne
Enjoy Working Out At Leeds Gyms
We wish we had more to offer but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you you should feel a lot better about what comes next.
We would be grateful if you could help us out by sharing your own local fitness tips or letting us know if we got anything wrong in the comments. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Leeds or working out in whichever way you prefer.