Thanks for checking out this guide to the best gyms in Tampa Bay and St. Petersburg. We will try to fill you in on as much as we can about working out near you as quickly as possible.
Since the majority of you are here for the best Tampa Bay and St. Petersburg gyms they will be the star of our opening section. Once they have been discussed in full detail we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite local boxing and MMA gyms.
- 1 Best Gyms In Tampa Bay & St. Petersburg
- 2 Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
- 3 Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
- 4 Yoga & Pilates Studios In Tampa Bay & St. Petersburg
- 5 Workout Bootcamps
- 6 Barre Exercises
- 7 Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
- 8 Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Tampa Bay
- 9 Home Gym Equipment Near You
Following that we will move on to the best yoga and pilates studios in your area. Workout bootcamps and barre exercises are more popular than ever so we will dive into them as well.
When the weather is nice you may prefer to work out under the sun so we will share some of the top outdoor recreations areas in the region. And to wrap it all up the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will take us out of here.
The Southeast is somewhere we have written about numerous times before.
Best Gyms In Tampa Bay & St. Petersburg
You should always be able to get a great workout at any of these best gyms in Tampa Bay and St. Petersburg:
- Life Time Athletic at 2223 N West Shore Blvd #1002A
- Bob Sierra Family YMCA at 4029 Northdale Blvd
- Harbour Island Athletic Club at 900 S Harbour Island Blvd
- Bryan Glazer Family JCC at 522 N Howard Ave
- Optimum Gym at 3020 W Kennedy Blvd #B
- Powerhouse Gym Athletic Club at 3251-A W Hillsborough Ave
- MMFitness at 8602 Temple Terrace Hwy D-36
- LA Fitness at 5900 4th St N, St. Petersburg
- Amped Fitness at 830 3rd Ave S, St. Petersburg
- Planet Fitness at 5335 66th St N, St. Petersburg
- Orangetheory Fitness at 5032 4th St N, St. Petersburg
- 4U Fitness St Pete at 430 4th St S, St. Petersburg
- The Long Center at 1501 N Belcher Rd, Clearwater
- Strive Athletic Club at 2626 Cypress Ridge Blvd, Wesley Chapel
Optimum Gym, Amped Fitness and Planet Fitness are a few 24 hour gyms near you. The YMCA, the JCC, and Harbour Island Athletic Club should have both a pool for swimming laps and a basketball court.
To try your hand at zumba or group aerobic dance classes sign up for Life Time Athletic and Harbour Island Athletic Club. Those who need childcare while they work out should find it available at Harbour Island Athletic Club, Amped Fitness, the YMCA, and Strive Athletic Club.
Anyone that is looking to work with a quality personal trainer or take group training classes in your area that are a mixture of a variety of resistance training should look into what MMFitness has to offer.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
One of our favorite ways to get cardio, check out these indoor cycling and spinning studios near you:
- Soho Cycling at 2019 W Kennedy Blvd
- Cyclebar at 209 S Dale Mabry Hwy
- Rush Cycle at 115 1st St S, St. Petersburg
Other than those indoor cycling studios many of the best gyms in Tampa Bay and St. Petersburg have group spinning classes like Life Time Athletic, Harbour Island Athletic Club, Bryan Glazer Family JCC, Amped Fitness, and Strive Athletic Club.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
Those who want some serious training can get it at these boxing and MMA gyms in your area:
- Gracie Tampa South MMA at 1345 W Gray St
- Gracie PAC MMA at 5040 W Linebaugh Ave
- Title Boxing Club at 4212 Henderson Blvd
More group cardio boxing classes are available at Life Time Athletic, Bryan Glazer Family JCC, Powerhouse Gym Athletic Club, and Strive Athletic Club.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Tampa Bay & St. Petersburg
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios in Tampa Bay and St. Petersburg like:
- Bella Prana Yoga at 1112 West Platt St
- Kodawari Studios at 3965 South Henderson Blvd #C
- Yoga Loft at 2002 East 5th Ave #102
- The Lotus Pond at 6201 Lynn Rd
- Mantra at 1710 S Dale Mabry Hwy
- Pilates Bodies at 4259 Henderson Blvd
- Club Pilates at 13254 N Dale Mabry Hwy
- Body Aligned Pilates & Wellness at 825 W Platt St
- Body Electric Yoga at 3015 7th St N, St. Petersburg
- Club Pilates at 120 Central Ave, St. Petersburg
Life Time Athletic, Harbour Island Athletic Club, and the Bryan Glazer Family JCC are more spots to find local yoga and pilates classes. We hope you understand that there are far too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know exactly what you are after.
The above studios should cover just about all of your needs.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to workout bootcamps in your area and you can find some like:
- Camp Tampa at 3012 W Palmira Ave
- Tampa Fitness Boot Camp at 1505 W Cypress St
More workout bootcamps near you are available at the Bryan Glazer Family JCC.
To tone your body quick visit one of these barre exercise studios:
- The Bar Method at 4102 W Boy Scout Blvd #1
- Pure Barre at 3830 W Neptune St #C5
- Barre Central at 6648 Central Ave, St. Petersburg
You could also join the group barre fitness classes at Life Time Athletic and the Bryan Glazer Family JCC.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
On a sunny day consider hiking, riding bikes, or just being active at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Ballast Point Park
- Tampa Riverwalk
- Lettuce Lake Park
- Bayshore Boulevard
- Tampa Bay Water Bike Company
- Hillsborough River State Park
- Caladesi Island State Park
- Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park
- Cypress Point Park
- Desoto Park
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Tampa Bay
You may need to buy some gear or equipment that will help you work out or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Tampa Bay and St. Petersburg are:
- Tampa Bay Sports Store at 401 Channelside Dr
- Feet First at 3401 Bay to Bay Blvd
- Tampa Bay Outfitters at 701 S Howard Ave
- Bass Pro Shops at 10501 Palm River Rd
- St. Pete Bicycle & Fitness at 1205 4th St, St. Petersburg
- St. Pete Running Company at 6986 22nd Ave N, St. Petersburg
- Fit2Run at 256 2nd St N, St. Petersburg
- DICK’S Sporting Goods at 6775 22nd Ave N, St. Petersburg
- Feet First at 4949 4th St N #C, St. Petersburg
- Al’s Tennis Shop at 6026 Winthrop Town Centre Ave, Riverview
Home Gym Equipment Near You
You can probably find some at those stores we just listed, but you can also buy home gym equipment in your area at:
- FitRev at 4424 Sweetwater Villas Ln #1
- Fitness Trendz USA at 4701 Oak Fair Blvd
- First Place Fitness Equipment at 10438 N Dale Mabry Hwy
We have also written:
- A Miami Local Gym Guide
- A Cape Coral & Fort Myers Local Gym Guide
- An Orlando Local Gym Guide
- A Jacksonville Local Gym Guide
Enjoy Working Out At Tampa Bay & St. Petersburg Gyms
Now that you have read about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy sporting goods or equipment for working out near you there shouldn’t be anything left to hold you back. Our readers would really appreciate it if you would let us know if we said anything incorrect or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Tampa Bay and St. Petersburg or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.