Thanks for reading this post on the best gyms in Chattanooga which will hopefully cover just about everything you need to know about fitness and working out near you. It won’t take us long to get you the info you desire.
The best gyms in Chattanooga will be the subject of our first section, but don’t worry they are just the beginning. We will talk about the best places to go for spinning and indoor cycling, as well as the best boxing and MMA gyms you will find here.
Up next we will get into the best pilates and yoga studios near you. Work out bootcamps and barre exercises are getting so popular that they will need their own sections also.
Of course you don’t always need to go to the gym to get a sweat in so some of the top outdoor recreation areas in the city will be listed as well. And following all of that we will talk about where you can buy sporting goods and home gym equipment in Chattanooga.
You can look through more of our Southeast gym guides at that link.
Best Gyms In Chattanooga
Here is our list of the best gyms in Chattanooga for working out:
- Downtown Family YMCA at 301 W 6th St
- Hamilton Branch YMCA at 7430 Shallowford Rd
- SportsBarn at 301 Market St
- Workout Anytime North Shore at 25 Cherokee Blvd Ste A
- Planet Fitness at 6231 Perimeter Dr
- Gold’s Gym at 6933 Lee Hwy
- Orangetheory Fitness at 7407 Igou Gap Rd
- High Point Climbing & Fitness Downtown at 219 Broad St
- East Ridge Fitness at 5731 Ringgold Rd, East Ridge
Those who need 24 hour gym access can get it at Workout Anytime North Shore.The YMCA’s will both offer childcare while you work out if necessary.
High Point is the best indoor climbing gym near you. If you need both a pool and a basketball court then go with the YMCA’s and SportsBarn.
You will find a basketball court at Planet Fitness and a pool at Gold’s Gym.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
The spinning and indoor cycling classes near you are a great way to work out and some of the best can be found at:
The YMCA’s and SportsBarn from our initial list also offer group spinning classes.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
The best boxing and MMA gyms in Chattanooga are:
- Total Fitness Kickboxing at 8006 E Brainerd Rd
- 9round Fitness at 541 Signal Mountain Rd #225
- Jab Kickboxing at 5450 TN-153
- Chattanooga Jiu-Jitsu at 3901 Hixson Pike
- Agoge Combatives at 3741 Ringgold Rd, East Ridge
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Chattanooga
There are also quite a few good yoga and pilates studios near you such as:
- Yoga Landing at 2414 Sydney St Suite 204
- Thrive Yoga & Wellness at 7633 East Brainerd Rd Suite 117
- Toes Yoga at 3228 Brainard Rd
- Peace Strength Yoga at 3800 St Elmo Ave #122
- Southern Soul Yoga at 313 Manufacturers Rd Ste. 203
- Pilates Tonic at 401 N Market St
The YMCA’s from our initial best Chattanooga gyms list will have classes for yoga and pilates. You can also find yoga at SportsBarn or High Point Climbing & Fitness.
There are so many different poses and techniques like vinyasa, hatha flow, hot, bikram, power, or ashtanga and we have no idea which you prefer. Click the above links to find the best studio for your personal needs.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to workout bootcamps and some of the best in town are:
- Burn Boot Camp at 6413 Lee Hwy
- D1 Training at 7430 Commons Blvd
- Scenic City Boot Camp at 5230 Hwy-153 #130, Hixson
The YMCA’s near you also offer boot camps.
Another way to workout that is growing in popularity is barre exercises and you can find them at:
The YMCA’s and SportsBarn are more good places to find barre fitness classes near you.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
Chattanooga gyms are not your only option. Many people prefer to run or ride bikes outside and some great places for outdoor recreation are:
- Chattanooga’s Riverwalk
- Stringer’s Ridge
- Sunset Rock
- Prentice Cooper State Forest
- Signal Mountain
- Lula Lake Land Trust
- Reflection Riding Arboretum & Nature Center
- Lookout Creek
- Enterprise South Nature Park
- North Chickamauga Creek
- Point Park
- Ocoee River
- Ruby Falls
- Big Frog Mountain
- Cloudland Canyon
- Raccoon Mountain
- Cumberland Trail
- Fall Creek Falls
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Chattanooga
You may need to buy some things that will help you work out or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Chattanooga are:
- L2 Outside at 131 River St
- Fast Break Athletics at 300 Cherokee Blvd Ste 105
- Rock/Creek at 301 Manufacturers Rd 2 North Shore
- Bass Pro Shops Chattanooga at 1000 Bass Pro Dr
- Academy Sports + Outdoors at 2220 Hamilton Place Blvd
- Fleet Feet at 307 Manufacturer’s Rd Ste 105
Home Gym Equipment
MoveStrong Functional Fitness Equipment located at 5726 Marlin Rd Suite 420 will probably have a better selection of home gym equipment then what you will find at the sporting goods stores. Some other cities we have written fitness guides for are:
Enjoy Working Out At Chattanooga Gyms
Those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out are just waiting for you to walk through the door. We will be back often to update this page so that these lists stay as up to date as possible.
If you think we got something wrong or if you have any of your own local fitness tips to add please use the comments at the bottom of this post to let us know. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Chattanooga or working out in whichever way you prefer.