Thanks for joining us for this discussion on the best gyms in New Orleans. We will be covering as much as possible about working out near you as quickly as we can.
Since the majority of you are here for the best New Orleans gyms they will be the star of our opening section. Once they have been discussed in full detail we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
Following that we will move on to the best yoga and pilates studios in town. Workout bootcamps and barre exercises are more popular than ever so we will dive into them as well.
When the weather is nice you may prefer to work out under the sun so we will share some of the top outdoor recreations areas in the region. And to wrap it all up the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will take us out of here.
The Southeast is an area we have written many local fitness guides for on our site.
Best Gyms In New Orleans
Here is our list of the best gyms in New Orleans for working out:
- New Orleans Athletic Club at 222 N Rampart St
- JCC Fitness Center at 5342 St. Charles Ave
- CrossFit Nola at 8422 Burthe St
- Anytime Fitness at 4900 Canal St
- Orangetheory Fitness at 4141 Bienville St #107
- Boulder Lounge at 2360 St Claude Ave
- PrimeFitnessRX at 1615 Poydras St #350
- Premier Fitness at 1909 Airline D, Metairie
- Planet Fitness at 100 N Labarre Rd, Metairie
For 24 hour gym access near you sign up for Anytime Fitness or PrimeFitnessRX. There should be both a pool for swimming laps and a basketball court at New Orleans Athletic Club, the JCC Fitness Center, and Premier Fitness.
New Orleans Athletic Club, JCC Fitness Center, and Premier Fitness have zumba or group aerobic dance classes. The JCC Fitness Center and Premier Fitness should even be able to provide childcare while you work out.
Boulder Lounge would get top billing for best indoor rock climbing gym in town.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
One of our favorite ways to get cardio, check out these indoor cycling and spinning studios in your area:
Additional group spinning classes can be found at New Orleans Athletic Club, JCC Fitness Center, Premier Fitness, and PrimeFitnessRX.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
Those who want some serious training can get it at these boxing and MMA gyms:
- New Orleans Boxing Club at 2836 Conti St
- Le Boxeur Gym at 2612 S Claiborne Ave
- Friday Night Fights Gym at 1632 Oretha Castle Haley Blvd
- Nola Kickboxing at 4521 Magazine St
- Mid City Martial Arts & Fitness Academy at 4910 Banks St #B
- TITLE Boxing Club at 5029 Veterans Memorial Blvd #B, Metairie
We feel like we keep repeating the same places over and over but you can also try out the cardio boxing classes at New Orleans Athletic Club, CrossFit Nola, and PrimeFitnessRX.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In New Orleans
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios near you to get your fitness in like:
- Free To Be Power Yoga at 725 Magazine St 2nd Fl
- Swan River Yoga at 2940 Canal St
- Live Oak Yoga at 6113 Magazine St
- Balance Yoga & Wellness at 120 S Cortez St
- Meghan Hays Ayurveda, Pilates, & Reiki at Chestnut & Lyons St
- Uncle Joe’s Pilates Studio at 8211 Hampson St
- The Pilates & Yoga Loft at 617 Metairie Rd, Metairie
Some of the best gyms in your area like the New Orleans Athletic Club, JCC Fitness Center, and Premier Fitness also have both yoga and pilates classes. The Boulder Lounge even does yoga lessons as well as climbing.
Salire Fitness & Wellness at 214 N Jefferson Davis Pkwy is where you can find personal trainers who will design workout bootcamps for your specific needs. New Orleans Athletic Club and CrossFit Nola also have bootcamps for their members.
The best fully dedicated barre exercise studios in your area would be:
Another spot from our best gyms near you list the New Orleans Athletic Club also has group barre fitness classes.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
On a sunny day consider hiking, riding bikes, or just being active at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- City Park
- Crescent Park
- Woldenberg Park
- Audubon Park
- The Lakefront
- Barataria Preserve
- Global Wildlife Center
- Bayou St. John
- Barataria Preserve
- Fountainebleau State Park
- Bonnet Carre Spillway
- Big Branch Marsh National Wildlife Refuge
- Couturie Forest & Arboretum
- Jean Lafitte National Historical Park & Preserve
- Armstrong Park
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In New Orleans
You should find all kinds of new gear and equipment at these New Orleans sporting goods stores:
- Varsity Sports at 3450 Magazine St
- Louisiana Running + Walking Co at 4153 Canal St
- Massey’s Outfitters at 509 N Carrollton Ave
- Bayou Bicycles at 3530 Toulouse St
- Gerken’s Bike Shop at 2803 St Claude Ave
- Black & Gold Sports Shop at 2106 Veterans Memorial Blvd, Metairie
- Puglia’s Sporting Goods at 1925 Veterans Memorial Blvd, Metairie
Home Gym Equipment
Those sporting goods stores may also have some options, but a great place to buy home gym equipment near you is Fitness Expo at 4124 Veterans Blvd in Metairie.
By the way we have also written about:
- Gyms & Local Fitness in Baton Rouge
- Gyms & Local Fitness in Birmingham
- Gyms & Local Fitness in Houston
- Gyms & Local Fitness in Memphis
Enjoy Working Out At New Orleans Gyms
Well, for now that is pretty much all we know. After reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you you should be a lot more prepared for what comes next. We will be back often to update this page so that these lists stay fresh.
Our readers would really appreciate it if you would let us know if we said anything incorrect or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments. Have fun visiting the best gyms in New Orleans or working out in whichever way you prefer.