In this post about the best gyms in Louisville we will try to cover just about all there is to know about working out near you. We know your time can’t be wasted so we will get right to it.
We can’t think of a more practical way to begin then by listing the best Louisville gyms. Once they have been covered in full we will be moving on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes, as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
Local pilates and yoga studios will come next and we know many of you are curious about them. As the post progresses more topics on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will get a shout out.
The gym is great but so is getting a little sun so the top outdoor recreations areas in the region will be listed. And the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will take us out of here.
Those that are curious can check out our other posts on the Southeast at this link.
Best Gyms In Louisville
Here is our list of the best gyms in Louisville for working out:
- Northeast Family Branch YMCA at 9400 Mill Brook Rd
- Downtown Center Branch YMCA at 555 S 2nd St
- JCC of Louisville at 3600 Dutchmans Lane
- Everyday Athletes at 2001 Production Dr #6
- Derby City Mixed Martial Arts at 8021 Dixie Highway
- Planet Fitness at 5138 Dixie Hwy
- Floyd County YMCA at 33 State St, New Albany
For a 24 hour gym near you try Planet Fitness in Jeffersonville. Those who need both a pool for swimming laps and a basketball court can head to the JCC or one of the YMCA’s.
The JCC and the YMCA’s will have group zumba or aerobic dance classes. Everyday Athletes is a gym with a focus on offering their members good personal trainers that can elevate their workouts to the next level. Visit them for powerlifting, olympic weightlifting, crossfit, and strongman classes.
Any parents that need childcare while they work out should be able to get it at one of the YMCA’s.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
Cyclebar at 4600 Shelbyville Rd is the best dedicated indoor cycling studio around. Some of the best gyms in your area also have group spinning classes like the JCC and the YMCA’s.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
Those who aspire to be the next world champion can get the training they need at these boxing and MMA gyms:
- 9Round Kickbox Fitness at 1512 Bardstown Rd
- Gracie Jiu Jitsu at 3600 Chamberlain Ln #136
- Real Fighters Gym at 2710 Holloway Rd #4
If all you want to do is get some cardio then the group boxing classes at the Northeast Family Branch YMCA, Downtown Center Branch YMCA, the JCC, and Floyd County YMCA should satisfy your needs.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Louisville
We are sure that most of you would enjoy these Louisville yoga or pilates studios:
- 502 Power Yoga at 2210 Dundee Rd #203
- Bend & Zen Hot Yoga at 1301 Herr Lane #187
- Hot Yoga Louisville at 4414 Shelbyville Rd #201
- Yoga on Baxter at 1611 Eastern Pkwy
- Wel at Humana at 522 W Main St
- Im=x Pilates & Fitness at 2226 Holiday Manor Center #6
- Suspend at 721 E Washington St #A
There are additional yoga and pilates classes available at the YMCA’s and the JCC. With so many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more we really don’t know what you are after.
The links to the above studios should help you figure out which one is best for you.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to workout bootcamps and you can find some here like:
- Burn Boot Camp at 230 N Hurstbourne Pkwy
- Fern Creek Fit Body Boot Camp at 6431 Bardstown Rd
- Edge Body Boot Camp at 4620 Hendrik Dr
The JCC also has good workout bootcamps.
These barre exercise studios are another good way to get in shape quick:
We are getting a bit repetitive but the JCC and the YMCA’s also have group barre workout classes. You can see that one of the reasons why they are on our main list is because they have so many group fitness classes available.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
When you want to get some sun you can go hiking, running, or riding bikes outside of the best gyms near you at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Mega Cavern
- Waterfront Park
- Jefferson Memorial Forest
- Iroquois Park
- Cherokee Park
- Louisville Nature Center
- The Parklands of Floyds Fork
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Louisville
These sporting goods stores in your area are great places to buy new gear or equipment:
- Louisville Sporting Goods at 3949 Taylorsville Rd
- JD Becker at 7521 Outer Loop
- Swag’s Sport Shoes at 9407 Westport Rd
- Quest Outdoors at 4600 Shelbyville Rd #133
- Chuck & Mike’s Tennis Shop at 1321 Herr Ln
- Fleet Feet at 117 Breckenridge Ln
Home Gym Equipment Near You
Scheller’s Fitness & Cycling at 11520 Shelbyville Rd in Middletown is a great place to buy home gym equipment. Those sporting goods stores near you will probably also have some.
In case you might be interested you can also check out our:
- Lexington Local Fitness Guide
- Cincinnati Local Fitness Guide
- Indianapolis Local Fitness Guide
- Nashville Local Fitness Guide
Enjoy Working Out At Louisville Gyms
Now that you have read about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you there shouldn’t be anything left to hold you back. It would really help both us and our readers if you could let us know if we said anything incorrect or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Louisville or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.