The best gyms in Waterloo and Cedar Falls and everything you need to know about working out in your area is about to be covered in full detail. It won’t take us long to cover just about everything you need to know about your local fitness scene.
The best gyms near you will be how we kick this off but there is still plenty more to come after that. We will talk about the best places to go for spinning and indoor cycling, as well as the best boxing and MMA gyms you can visit in the city.
- 1 Best Gyms In Waterloo & Cedar Falls
- 2 Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
- 3 Boxing & MMA Gyms In Your Area
- 4 Yoga & Pilates Studios In Waterloo & Cedar Falls
- 5 Workout Bootcamps
- 6 Barre Exercises
- 7 Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
- 8 Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Waterloo & Cedar Falls
- 9 Home Gym Equipment Near You
Once they have been fully broken down we will dive into the best pilates and yoga studios in Waterloo and Cedar Falls. Other topics on working out near you like bootcamps and barre exercises will be getting their own sections in this fitness guide too.
You can easily get a sweat in outside of the best gyms so the top outdoor recreation areas in the region will get a mention. And following all of that we will talk about where you can buy sporting goods and home gym equipment in your area.
There is also our BestGymsNearYou local fitness map at the end that will help you figure out where all of these places are located.
Best Gyms In Waterloo & Cedar Falls
Here is our list of the best gyms in Waterloo and Cedar Falls for working out:
- Cedar Valley SportsPlex at 300 Jefferson St, Waterloo
- Anytime Fitness at 1150 Flammang Dr, Waterloo
- The ROC Gym at 2325 Crossroads Blvd #E, Waterloo
- The Training Center at 4807 University Ave #106, Cedar Falls
- The Gym at 3109 Venture Way, Cedar Falls
- Planet Fitness at 6301 Univ Ave #1370, Cedar Falls
- Farrell’s eXtreme Bodyshaping at 4507 Algonquin Dr, Cedar Falls
- Fit Courts at 924 Viking Rd, Cedar Falls
- Main Street Fitness 24-7 at 401 Main St, Cedar Falls
- AMFstudio at 2512 White Tail Dr, Cedar Falls
- Next Level Extreme Fitness at 5911 University Ave, Cedar Falls
You can find a basketball court and a volleyball court at Fit Courts and Cedar Valley SportsPlex. Awimming pool can also be found at Cedar Valley SportsPlex. Farrell’s eXtreme Bodyshaping, Fit Courts, Cedar Valley SportsPlex, and AMFstudio offer yoga and barre classes in your area.
Bootcamps are available at Fit Courts, Cedar Valley SportsPlex and Next Level Extreme Fitness. Martial arts are available at The ROC Gym while kickboxing takes place at Farrell’s eXtreme Bodyshaping, AMFstudio, Next Level Extreme Fitness, and Fit Courts.
Anyone that needs a local 24-hour gym can head to Anytime Fitness, Main Street Fitness, and Planet Fitness. If you need someone to watch your little ones while you work out childcare is provided at The Gym, Fit Courts, Cedar Valley SportsPlex, and Next Level Extreme Fitness.
We do not know of any gyms with a rock climbing wall in your area.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
Joywheel Cycling Studio at 4505 Algonquin Drive #B is a good dedicated studio while more group spinning classes are available at Anytime Fitness.
Boxing & MMA Gyms In Your Area
Fighting is also great cardio and the best boxing and MMA gyms are:
Both martial arts and kickboxing classes go down at The ROC Gym while kickboxing can be found at Next Level Extreme Fitness, AMFstudio, Fit Courts and Farrell’s eXtreme Bodyshaping.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Waterloo & Cedar Falls
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios in Waterloo and Cedar Falls like:
- New Dawn Hot Yoga at 6301 University Ave
- NRG Pilates at 508 Washington St
- Balance Hot Yoga Studio at 2215 College St
Farrell’s eXtreme Bodyshaping, Cedar Valley SportsPlex, and AMFstudio from the main list also offered yoga classes near you.
We do not know any workout bootcamps but you can find bootcamp classes at some of the best local gyms like Fit Courts, Cedar Valley SportsPlex, and Next Level Extreme Fitness.
We do not know any barre exercise studios near you but there are barre classes at Fit Courts and AMFstudio.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
You can workout pretty much anywhere so you don’t always have to go to the gym. Many people prefer to run or ride bikes when the weather is nice and some great places for outdoor recreation and fitness are:
- Peter Melendy Park
- Ulrich Park
- Pfeiffer Springs Park
- Hartman Reserve Nature Center
- Cedar Falls Recreation and Fitness Center
- Lookout Park
- Big Woods Lake
- Katoski Greenbelt
- Duck Shaped Pond
- George Wyth State Park
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Waterloo & Cedar Falls
You may need to buy some things that will help you workout or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Waterloo and Cedar Falls are:
- Iowa Sports Supply at 3121 Capital Way
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 1411 Flammang Dr
- Scheels at 402 Viking Plaza Dr #82
Home Gym Equipment Near You
We do not know any home gym equipment stores in your area but some of the above sporting goods stores like Dick’s should have some options. Just so you know we have also covered:
- Cedar Rapids Yoga, Barre & Indoor Cycling Studios
- Iowa City Yoga, Barre & Indoor Cycling Studios
- Des Moines Yoga, Barre & Indoor Cycling Studios
- Milwaukee Yoga, Barre & Indoor Cycling Studios
Enjoy Working Out At Waterloo & Cedar Falls Gyms
Now that you have read about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be sky high. By the way, if you notice anything out of date on this page or if you have any of your own fitness tips to share please tell us in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Waterloo and Cedar Falls or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.