Thanks for reading this post on the best gyms in Columbia, South Carolina and everything you need to know about fitness and working out near you. It should not take us long to cover the full spectrum for you.
The best gyms in Columbia will be the topic of our first section, but after that we still will have a lot to get to. We will discuss the best places to go for spinning and indoor cycling, as well as the best boxing and MMA gyms you will find in the area.
Up next we will get into the best pilates and yoga studios. Other topics on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will be covered as the post keeps moving forward.
Obviously you don’t always need to go to the gym to get a sweat in so some of the top outdoor recreation areas in the city will be listed. And if you are still around after all of that you will be able to read about where you can buy sporting goods and home gym equipment in Columbia.
Our goal here at BestGymsNearYou is to get you the info you desire as quick as possible so let’s get going.
Best Gyms In Columbia
In our opinion the best gyms in Columbia for working out would be:
- Muv Fitness at 4114 Forest Dr
- Jeep Rogers Family YMCA at 900 Lake Carolina Dr
- Crunch Fitness at 275 Harbison Blvd
- Brickhouse Gym at 519 Huger St
- Planet Fitness at 9714 Two Notch Rd
- Anytime Fitness at 2806 Devine St
- Planet Fitness at 560 Whiteford Way, Lexington
- Orangeburg County YMCA at 2550 St Matthews Rd, Orangeburg
If you need a 24 hour gym in Columbia you can go to Anytime Fitness or either Planet Fitness location. Those who need a basketball court and pool can go to Muv Fitness and the YMCA’s.
Crunch has popular zumba classes while you can even find aqua zumba and multiple Les Mills group fitness classes at Muv.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
Cyclebar at 4609 Forest Dr Suite 4 in Forest Acres has a great studio dedicated to indoor cycling. You can find more spinning classes at some other great gyms near you like Muv Fitness.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
Fighting can be another great way to get some cardio and the best boxing and MMA gyms in Columbia are:
- Title Boxing Club at 718 Fashion Dr
- Battle Boxing Gym at 111 Northway Rd #C
- The Warrior Warehouse at 7230 Middle St
- 9round at 5424 Forest Dr #120
- TNT Martial Arts & Fitness at 1330 Knox Abbott Dr, Cayce
We aren’t exactly sure which type of MMA you are after so click the above links and choose the right MMA or boxing gym for your needs.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Columbia
A couple of other great ways to fulfill your fitness needs are yoga and pilates and some great studios near you are:
- Bikram Yoga Columbia at 4715 Forest Dr
- Hot Yoga Masala at 711 Bluff Rd
- City Yoga at 2121 College St
- Amsa Yoga at 140 Pelham Dr Woodhill Plz
- Pilates Bodies by Victoria at 1633 Main St
- Club Pilates at 5230 Sunset Blvd #C, Lexington
Muv Fitness offers both yoga and pilates while you can enjoy yoga classes at the YMCA’s and Crunch. Whether you want to find vinyasa, hatha flow, hot, bikram, power, ashtanga or other popular techniques there are plenty of options.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to workout bootcamps and some of the best in town are:
- Columbia Fitness Boot Camp at 1801 Gervais St F
- Lyerly Fitness at 3014 Devine St
- Burn Boot Camp at 4507 Forest Dr
Another way to workout that are really trending upwards are barre exercises and you can find them near you at:
Muv Fitness also has popular barre classes.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
As we mentioned before the gyms in Columbia are not the only places to workout. Many people prefer to walk, run or ride bikes outside and some of the top places for outdoor recreation are:
- Granby Park
- Riverfront Park
- Memorial Park
- Dreher Island State Recreation Area
- Sesquicentennial Park
- Saluda Shoals Park
- Lake Murray
- Finlay Park
- Congaree National Park
- Lake Monticello
- Harbison State Forest
- Palmetto Trail
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Columbia
You may need to buy some things that will help you work out or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Columbia are:
- Todd & Moore at 620 Huger St
- Salty’s Board Shop at 2712 Devine St
- Sportsman’s Warehouse at 476 Piney Grove Rd
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 1110 Bower Pkwy
- Academy Sports + Outdoors at 237 Park Terrace Dr
- Hibbett Sports at 2390 Chestnut St NE #B-10A, Orangeburg
- Fleet Feet at 945 Lake Murray Blvd, Irmo
Todd & Moore has been selling sporting goods to the citizens of South Carolina since 1944! The Dick’s Sporting Goods near you is your typical big box retailer that will have most of the things you may need.
Academy and the Sportsman’s Warehouse are good for outdoor recreation, while Salty’s is best for surfing and skateboarding.
Home Gym Equipment
Those sporting goods stores will likely have some home gym equipment, but you can also find more at:
You can click these links to read more about:
- Working Out & Gyms in Atlanta
- Working Out & Gyms in Jacksonville
- Working Out & Gyms in Charlotte
- Working Out & Gyms in Winston-Salem
In case you want to compare the local fitness options here to others in the Southeast.
Enjoy Working Out At Columbia Gyms
We wish we had more to offer but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you you should feel a lot more prepared for what comes next. We will be back often to update this page so that these lists stay fresh.
If you think we got something wrong or if you have any of your own local fitness tips to add please use the comments at the bottom of this post to let us know. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Columbia or working out in whichever way you prefer.