The best gyms in Orlando will be covered in full for you today. Additionally we are going to try and discuss as much as we can about the local fitness scene.
We will go ahead and begin with the best Orlando gyms since they are probably why the majority of you ended up on this page. Once they have been listed and broken down we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in town.
The best yoga and pilates studios in your area will be up next. Workout bootcamps and barre exercises are getting more popular by the day so they definitely deserve a shout out too.
Many prefer to head outdoors on a sunny day and we will list plenty of good outdoor recreations areas in the region where you can do just that. And to finish everything off the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will be how we end this.
But before we get out of here we will share a local fitness map so that you can get a better understanding of the lay of the land if necessary. The Southeast is an area we have discussed quite a few times in the past if you are interested.
Best Gyms In Orlando
You should always be able to get a great workout at any of these best gyms in Orlando:
- RDV Sportsplex Athletic Club at 8701 Maitland Summit Blvd
- Power Strength Gym at 730 W Sand Lake Rd #254
- Barnett Park Gym at 4801 W Colonial Dr
- Downtown Orlando YMCA at 433 N Mills Ave
- NinjaFit Gym at 6541 N Orange Blossom Tr #100
- Orangetheory Fitness at 7343 Sand Lake Rd #1001
- Iron Religion Gym at 5247 International Dr
- Crosby Wellness Center at 2005 Mizell Ave, Winter Park
- AdventHealth Wellness Center at 400 Celebration Pl, Celebration
Iron Religion Gym is a good 24 hour gym near you if you want to work out at odd hours. It is a strength and weightlifting gym for those who want to put on serious muscle.
RDV Sportsplex Athletic Club, Barnett Park Gym, and the Downtown YMCA should have both a pool for swimming laps and basketball court available. You may also want to try the zumba or aerobic dance classes at Downtown YMCA, Crosby Wellness Center, and AdventHealth Wellness Center.
There are also outdoor zumba sessions at Barnett Park from 6pm-7pm Monday through Thursday and noon to 1pm on Saturday. Any parents who need childcare while they work out can get it at the Downtown YMCA and the Crosby Wellness Center.
If you would like to use an indoor rock climbing wall head to NinjaFit.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
Anyone that is trying to lose weight quick should check out these indoor cycling and spinning studios in your area:
- Rukus Cycling Studios at 335 N Magnolia Ave #101
- CycleBar at 110 S Orlando Ave #1, Winter Park
Outside of those studios additional group spinning classes are available at Rdv Sportsplex Athletic Club, Downtown YMCA, Crosby Wellness Center, and AdventHealth Wellness Center. Plus you can also find them at Warrior One from the upcoming yoga list.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
Those who want some serious training can get it at these boxing and MMA gyms:
- The Jungle MMA & Fitness at 1419 E Colonial Dr
- UFC Gym Orlando at 7649 W Colonial Dr #130
- Victory Martial Arts at 7600 Dr Phillips Blvd #46
- Orlando Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu at 28 W Michigan St
- Gracie Barra at 4470 35th St #B
- American Top Team at 9318 E Colonial Dr
- Title Boxing Club at 12405 S Orange Blossom Tr #8
More local cardio boxing classes are available at Power Strength Gym, Downtown YMCA, NinjaFit Gym, and Iron Religion Gym.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Orlando
There are lots of options around town but in our opinion the best Orlando yoga and pilates studios near you would be:
- Orlando Power Yoga at 2415 E South St
- College Park Yoga at 1837 Edgewater Dr
- Elevate Yoga Center at 3150 South Orange Ave #202-204
- Inspirit Yoga at 7575 Kingspointe Parkway #21
- Warrior One Yoga + Row + Rpin at 2822 Corrine Dr
- Orlando Hot Yoga & Pilates at 5302 Central Florida Pkwy
- Project 7 Yoga at 612 Virginia Dr
There are both yoga and pilates classes at the Downtown YMCA plus you can try the group yoga lessons at Rdv Sportsplex Athletic Club and the Crosby Wellness Center.
We hope you understand that there are far too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know exactly what you are after. The above studios should cover just about all of your needs.
These workout bootcamps should be able to provide the extra motivation that we all sometimes need:
- Core & More Fitness at 2904 Curry Ford Rd
- MetroWest Fit Body Boot Camp at 1701 Park Center Dr #140
- Hardcore Fitness at 6937 Stapoint Ct #E, Winter Park
The Downtown YMCA is another place to go for workout bootcamps.
To tone your body quick visit one of these barre exercise studios:
- Pure Barre at 1430 N Mills Ave #160
- The Bar Method at 480 Orlando Ave #132, Winter Park
- barre3 at 141 S New York Ave #113, Winter Park
Once again the Downtown YMCA has barre workout classes in your area. Easy to see why we name it as one of the best gyms in Orlando when they have so many group fitness classes available.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
On a sunny day why not go hiking, ride bikes, or just be active at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- ESPN Wide World Of Sports Complex
- Lake Eola Park
- Wekiva Springs State Park
- Blue Spring State Park
- Bill Frederick Park
- Pine Island East Loop Trail
- Cady Way Trail
- Bok Tower Gardens
- Crystal River Watersports
- Wekiva Island
- Long and Scott Farms
- Orlando Urban Trail
- Leu Gardens
- Kelly Park
- Black Hammock Wilderness Area
- Sanford Riverwalk
- Wekiva River
- West Orange Trail
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Orlando
You may need to buy some things that will help you work out or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Orlando are:
- Foskett Sporting Goods at 3225 Curry Ford Rd
- Ultimate Sports Fan Inc at 8001 S Orange Blossom Tr
- Athleta at 4200 Conroy Rd
- Fleet Feet at 25 W Crystal Lake St
- Ski World of Orlando at 1415 N Orange Ave
- Peter Glenn Ski & Sports at 5403 International Dr
Home Gym Equipment
That previous list will have some options but you can buy more home gym equipment in your area at:
- Southeastern Fitness Equipment at 45 W Crystal Lake St #181
- First Place Fitness Equipment at 475 W Sr 436, Altamonte Springs
By the way we have also written about:
- Tampa Bay & St Petersburg Fitness Centers
- Miami Fitness Centers
- Jacksonville Fitness Centers
- Cape Coral & Ft Myers Fitness Centers
Enjoy Working Out At Orlando Gyms
All of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and stores to buy equipment for working out near you are ready whenever you are. We will be back often to update this page so that these lists stay fresh.
Our readers would really appreciate it if you would let us know if we said anything incorrect or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Orlando or working out in whichever way you prefer.