Over the next few minutes you will be going on a deep dive into the best gyms in Gainesville and everything you need to know about fitness and working out near you. It won’t take us long cover the full spectrum for you.
The best gyms in Gainesville will be the topic of our first section, but after that we still will have a lot to get to. We will talk about the best places to go for spinning and indoor cycling, as well as the best boxing and MMA gyms you will find in your area.
Up next we will get into the best pilates and yoga studios near you. Other topics on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will be covered as the post goes along.
Of course you don’t always need to go to the gym to get a sweat in so some of the top outdoor recreation areas in the city will be listed as well. And following all of that we will talk about local stores where you can buy sporting goods and home gym equipment.
Don’t leave before you see our area map towards the end that has all of these spots pinned, and you are also welcome to check out our other posts on the Southeast at that link if you are interested.
Best Gyms In Gainesville
Here is our list of the best gyms in Gainesville for working out:
- Gainesville Health & Fitness at 4820 W Newberry Rd
- YouFit Health Club at 3045 SW 34th St
- Bailey’s Gym at 3441 W University Ave
- University of Florida SW Recreation Center at 3150 Hull Rd
- Dynasty CrossFit at 3737 SW 42nd Ave #1
- Zen Fitness at 2440 SW 76th St
- Orangetheory Fitness at 3205 Clark Butler Blvd #20
- Crunch Fitness at 2002 SW 34th St
- Anytime Fitness at 7070 SW Archer Rd
- The Knot at 704 S Main St
Gainesville Health & Fitness and UF Southwest Recreation Center features both a pool and basketball court. Non-UF students and community members can still use the UF Southwest Recreation Center’s facilities and services by obtaining a guest pass in person or online.
Anyone looking for a 24 hour gym near you should visit Gainesville Health & Fitness, Crunch Fitness, or Anytime Fitness. Zumba or other types of cardio dance classes can be found at Gainesville Health & Fitness, YouFit Health Clubs, Bailey’s Gym, and UF Southwest Recreation Center.
The Knot is definitely one of the best rock climbing gyms in your area. In addition, parents who need childcare while they work out can have it provided at the Gainesville Health & Fitness.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
Cyclebar at 3597 SW 32nd Terrace #40 is a good local cycling studio. You can try the group indoor cycling and spinning classes at a few spots from other lists like Gainesville Health & Fitness, YouFit Health Clubs, Bailey’s Gym, UF Southwest Recreation Center, and Hotworx.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
Fighting can be another great way to get some cardio and the best boxing and MMA gyms in Gainesville are:
- Beast Mode Boxing & Fitness at 250 SE 10th Ave
- Gladden Boxing Club at 4333 NW 6th St
- Star Martial Arts at 500 NW 60th St
- BJJ Swamp Academy at 3300 SW Archer Rd #100
- Mat Life Training Center at 4000 W Newberry Rd #F
- Pro Taekwondo at 4907 NW 43rd St #F
Bailey’s Gym is another place to try local boxing classes.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Gainesville
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios near you to get your fitness in like:
- Yoga Pod at 3045 SW 34th St #24
- Flow Space at 117 NW 16th Ave
- Searchlight Yoga at 3501 SW 2nd Ave #O
- Hotworx at 3265 SW 34th St #4
- Club Pilates at 2625 SW 91st St
Additional places that provide yoga classes in your area that we have mentioned in other lists include Gainesville Health & Fitness, YouFit Health Clubs, Bailey’s Gym, and UF Southwest Recreation Center. Plus you can find pilates classes at Gainesville Health & Fitness and YouFit Health Clubs.
We hope you understand that there are far too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know exactly what you are after. The above studios should cover just about all of your needs.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to workout bootcamps and some of the best in town are:
UF Southwest Recreation Center is another option for workout bootcamps.
Another way to workout that is growing in popularity is barre exercises and Pure Barre at 4201 NW 16th Boulevard is a good dedicated studio. We have also linked you to YouFit Health Clubs, Bailey’s Gym, UF Southwest Recreation Center, and Hotworx who have barre classes too.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
As we mentioned before the gyms in Gainesville are not the only places to workout. Many people prefer to run or ride bikes outside and some great places for outdoor recreation are:
- Sweetwater Preserve
- Loblolly Woods Trail
- Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park
- Newnans Lake State Forest
- Devil’s Millhopper Trail
- San Felasco Hammock Preserve State Park
- Gainesville-Hawthorne State Trail
- Cofrin Nature Park
- Ecopassage Observation Broadwalk
- Mill Creek Preserve
- Archer Braid Trail
- Depot Park
- Ginnie Springs
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Gainesville
You may need to buy some things that will help you work out or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Gainesville are:
- Lloyd Clarke Sports at 1504 NW 13th St
- Play It Again Sports at 3425 W University Ave
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 3964 Plaza Blvd #20
- Hibbett Sports at 2619 NW 13th St
- Bass Pro Shops at 2650 Bass Pro Shops Blvd
Play It Again Sports is a good place to buy or sell new and used sporting goods near you.
Home Gym Equipment
Fitness Depot at 6714 Northwest 16th Street #D is a good option, and some sporting goods stores like Play It Again Sports and Dick’s Sporting Goods also sell home gym and fitness equipment in your area.
By the way we have also written about:
- Fitness Centers in Jacksonville
- Fitness Centers in Tallahassee
- Fitness Centers in Deltona & Daytona
- Fitness Centers in Savannah
Enjoy Working Out At Gainesville Gyms
Well guys, for now that is all that we have to share with you. After reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you you should feel a lot better about what comes next. We will be back often to update this page so that these lists stay fresh.
If you think we got something wrong or if you have any of your own local fitness tips to add please use the comments at the bottom of this post to let us know. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Gainesville or working out in whichever way you prefer.