Last updated on April 28th, 2021
Hello and welcome to our post about the best gyms in Oklahoma City where we will try to cover just about all there is to know about working out near you. We aren’t the type of site that likes to ramble and waste your time so we will get right to it.
There may not be a more natural way to begin than by listing the best Oklahoma City gyms. Once they have been thoroughly discussed the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in the area will get their own sections.
Pilates and yoga studios near you will come next and we know many of you are here to learn more about them. More topics on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will get a shout out as things progress.
The gym is great but so are outdoor recreations areas so we will tell you about some of the top places to get some sun in the region. And finally the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will take us out of here.
Those that are curious can check out our other posts on Midwestern cities at that link.
Best Gyms In Oklahoma City
Here is our list of the best gyms in Oklahoma City for working out:
- Edward L. Gaylord Downtown YMCA at 1 NW Fourth St
- 10gym at 6209 Northwest Expressway
- Four Star Fitness at 6900 N May Ave
- Rockwell Plaza YMCA at 8300 Glade Ave
- Planet Fitness at 9118 S. Western Ave
- Life Time Athletic at 2563 West Memorial Rd
- Threshold Climbing, Fitness & Yoga at 6024 Westlake Memorial Pkwy
- 10gym Norman at 2255 W Main St, Norman
- Steel Fitness & Tan at 1051 12th Ave NE, Norman
- Summit Climbing Yoga Fitness at 2701 Washington Dr, Norman
- Cleveland County Family YMCA at 1350 Lexington Ave, Norman
- 10gym at 816 W Edmond Rd, Edmond
- Mitch Park YMCA at 2901 Marilyn Williams Dr, Edmond
Four Star Fitness and Steel Fitness are a couple of 24 hour gyms near you if you need access any time night or day. Those who want both a pool for swimming and a basketball court can sign up for the YMCA’s or Life Time Athletic.
Zumba and group aerobic dance classes are really popular right now and you can try them out at the YMCA’s, the 10gym’s, and Steel Fitness. The YMCA’s should also be able to provide childcare while you workout.
Summit and Threshold are two great indoor rock climbing gyms in the area and both also do yoga classes and have fitness centers.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
Some of the best spinning and indoor cycling classes for cardio near you can be found at:
Those indoor cycling studios are really nice plus there are group spinning classes at the YMCA’s, the 10gym’s, Life Time Athletic, and Steel Fitness.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
Fighting can be another great way to get some cardio and the best boxing and MMA gyms in Oklahoma City are:
- Western Avenue Boxing Gym at 4408 N Western Ave
- The Summit Martial Arts at 8330 Glade Ave
- Lovato’s School of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu & MMA at 10944 N May Ave
- Academy of Martial Arts at 7315 S Shields Blvd
- Pride Mixed Martial Arts at 14400 N Lincoln Blvd, Edmond
Steel Fitness from our main best gyms near you list also have group cardio boxing classes.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Oklahoma City
We certainly can’t leave off the best OKC yoga or pilates studios:
- Soul Yoga at 8028 North May Ave Ste 110
- Hidden Dragon Yoga at 505 East Sheridan Ave #109
- Flo State Studio at 9610 North May Ave
- This Land Yoga at 405 NW 30th St
- Balance.Yoga.Barre. at 3 NE 8th St #130
- 405 Yoga at 1004 N Hudson Ave
- Club Pilates at 7550 N May Ave #100
- Core Pilates Studio at 2828 W Country Club Dr
Any of the YMCA’s should have both yoga and pilates classes. Additionally, you can find more group yoga lessons at Life Time Athletic, Threshold Climbing, Steel Fitness, and Summit Climbing.
Look, there are tons of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more so we really don’t know which you prefer. The links to the above studios should help you end up in the right place.
One of these workout bootcamps could give you that edge we all sometimes need:
- Complete Body Boot Camp West OKC at 10549 NW 10th St
- Moore Fit Body Boot Camp at 020 NW 27th St #b, Moore
- Fitcamp 180 at 14300 N Lincoln Blvd #114, Edmond
- Midwest City Fit Body Boot Camp at 2601 S Douglas Blvd #110, Midwest City
You may be noticing a theme here but the YMCA’s and the 10gym’s also have workout bootcamps for their members.
Another way to workout that is growing in popularity is barre exercises and you can find them near you at:
Balance.Yoga.Barre. from the yoga list and Life Time Athletic from our initial list are more places to try group barre exercise classes.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
As we mentioned before the gyms in Oklahoma City are not the only places to workout. Some people prefer to run or ride bikes outside and some great places for outdoor recreation are:
- Lake Hefner
- Lake Overholser
- Stinchcomb Wildlife Refuge
- Martin Nature Park
- Myriad Gardens
- Oklahoma River
- Bricktown Canal
- White Water Bay
- Lake Thunderbird
- Andrew’s Park
- Martin Park Nature Center
- Bert Cooper Trails
- Arcadia Lake
- Central State Park
- Edmond Park
- Spring Creek Park
- George M. Sutton Wilderness Park
- Mat Hoffman Action Sports Park
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Oklahoma City
These OKC sporting goods stores are where to buy your new gear or equipment:
- OKC Kayak at 220 N Western Ave
- Cabela’s at 1200 W Memorial Rd
- Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World at 200 Bass Pro Dr
- Sun & Ski Sports at 10109 N May Ave
- Academy Sports + Outdoors at 7700 S Walker Ave
- Big Red Shop at 5104 N MacArthur Blvd
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 14200 N Pennsylvania Ave
- OK Runner at 3720 W Robinson St #132, Norman
- Neighborhood Bicycle Shop at 562 W Main St, Norman
- Al’s Bicycles at 2624 Broadway Ct, Edmond
- Red Coyote Running & Fitness at 1300 W Covell Rd, Edmond
- Gregory’s Sporting Goods at 609 N. Moore Ave, Moore
Home Gym Equipment
Those sporting goods stores will likely have some home gym equipment, but you can also find more at:
- Push Pedal Pull at 5820 N May Ave
- Johnson Fitness & Wellness at 2747 NW Expressway
- PR Fitness Equipment at 14525 N Lincoln Blvd, Edmond
By the way we have also written about:
Enjoy Working Out At Oklahoma City Gyms
After reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you you should feel a lot better about what comes next. We will be back as often as we can to keep these lists fresh.
Our readers would really appreciate it if you would let us know if we said anything incorrect or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Oklahoma City or working out in whichever way you prefer.