Last updated on February 3rd, 2021
In this post we will be discussing the best gyms in Little Rock as well as everything we know about working out near you. We hope to get you in and out as quick as we can.
Our first section will be all about the best gyms in Little Rock. Once they are out of the way we will mention all the places you can go for spinning or indoor cycling classes, plus the best boxing and MMA gyms in town.
The best pilates and yoga studios near you definitely will need to get a shout out. Plus we will discuss other subjects on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises.
For those who prefer to work out under the sun instead of the gym we have a lengthy list of outdoor recreation areas for you to choose from. And to wrap everything up we will list the best stores to buy home gym equipment and sporting goods.
Some of you reading this may also be interested in our other posts on cities around the Southeast that you can find there.
Best Gyms In Little Rock
When you are ready to work out the best gyms in are:
- Little Rock Athletic Club at 4610 Sam Peck Rd
- LA Fitness at 304 S University Ave
- Little Rock Racquet Club at 1 Huntington Rd
- Jim Dailey Fitness Center at 300 S Monroe St
- 10 Fitness at 10901 N Rodney Parham Rd
- Arkansas Fitness & Athletics at 2400 Cantrell Rd #107
- Clubhaus Fitness at 1207 Rebsamen Park Rd
- Planet Fitness at 11400 W Markham St
- Little Rock Climbing Center at 12120 Colonel Glenn Rd #7000
- 10 Fitness at 6929 John F Kennedy Blvd
- LA Fitness at 2939 Lakewood Village Dr
- 10 Fitness at 2125 Harkrider St, Conway
- 365 Fitness at 404 S Harkrider, Conway
Anyone that needs 24 hour gym access in Little Rock can head to any of the 10 Fitness locations. If you want to use a pool and basketball court you can find them both at the Athletic Club or Jim Dailey Fitness Center.
Little Rock Climbing Center is the best indoor climbing gym in the area. Those who need childcare while they work out can find it at the Athletic Club.
For zumba or cardio dance classes you can go to any of the 10 Fitness locations and Jim Dailey’s.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
To get your cardio in head to indoor cycling and spinning classes near you like:
You can find more group spinning classes at the Athletic Club, 10 Fitness, Jim Dailey’s, and Clubhaus Fitness.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
You can try cardio fighting classes at many places, but if you want to get really technical you need to visit boxing and MMA gyms like:
- Westside Mixed Martial Arts at 1021 Jessie Rd
- Rock City Mixed Martial Arts at 400 N Bowman Rd #5
- Straightright Boxing & Fitness at 5310 S Shackleford Rd
- Westside BJJ at 17200 Chenal Pkwy
All of the 10 Fitness locations and Jim Dailey’s also have cardio boxing classes.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Little Rock
You can also head to one of these yoga or pilates studios near you:
- Barefoot Studio at 3515 Old Cantrell Rd
- Arkansas Yoga Collective at7 801 Cantrell Rd #D
- The Floating Lotus at 900 North University Ave #4
- Club Pilates at 16900 Chenal Pkwy #160
The 10 Fitness locations and Jim Dailey’s offer group yoga and pilates classes, while you can find more yoga classes at Little Rock Athletic Club as well. We don’t know if you prefer vinyasa, hatha flow, hot, bikram, power, ashtanga or other popular techniques so look around the above links and find the right match for your own personal needs.
One of these workout bootcamps may just give you that kick in the butt you need:
10 Fitness, Jim Dailey’s, Arkansas Fit and 365 Fitness from our best gyms near you list also offer workout bootcamps.
Another way to workout that is growing in popularity is barre exercises and you can find them near you at:
And you can try more group barre exercise classes at Clubhaus Fitness.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
Now you know about the best gyms in Little Rock, but if you prefer to work out under the sun these outdoor recreation areas are great for hiking, running, or riding bikes:
- Rattlesnake Ridge Natural Area
- Arkansas Travelers & Dickey-Stephens Park
- Rock Town River
- Pinnacle Mountain State Park
- Arkansas River Trail
- Burns Park
- Petit Jean State Park
- Murray Park
- War Memorial Park
- Riverfront Park
- Allsopp Park
- Blanchard Springs
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Little Rock
When you need some new gear or equipment try one of these sporting goods stores:
- Sportstop, Inc. at 10720 Rodney Parham
- Ozark Outdoor Supply at 5514 Kavanaugh Blvd
- Gene Lockwood’s at 12101 W Markham St
- Go! Running at 1819 N Grant St
- Fleet Feet at 11525 Cantrell Rd #102
- Bass Pro Shop at 1 Bass Pro Dr
- Academy Sports + Outdoors at 11400 West Markham St
- McSwain’s Sports Center at 9400 US-165, North Little Rock
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 4188 E McCain Blvd, North Little Rock
- Fort Thompson Sporting Goods at 5802 Warden Rd, Sherwood
- Academy Sports + Outdoors at 6100 Warden Rd, Sherwood
Home Gym Equipment
The above list will probably also have some but you can also buy home gym equipment at:
In case you might be interested we have also written posts about:
Enjoy Working Out At Little Rock Gyms
We wish we had more to offer but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you you should feel a lot better about what comes next. We will be back often to update this page so that these lists stay fresh.
Please share your own local fitness tips or let us know if we got anything wrong in the comments. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Little Rock or working out in whichever way you prefer.