Over the next few minutes we will be going on a deep dive into the best gyms in Rome together. The local fitness scene will be covered from A to Z as things move along.
We feel like it is probably best to start off with the best Rome gyms since they are why most of you ended up on this page. Once they have been listed and broken down we will move on to our favorite studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as the best boxing and MMA gyms in town.
The best yoga and pilates studios in your area will follow them. Workout bootcamps and barre exercises are getting more popular by the day so they definitely deserve a shout out too.
Many prefer to head outdoors on a sunny day and we will list plenty of good outdoor recreations areas in the region where you can do just that. And to finish everything off the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will be how we end this.
But before we get out of here we will share a local fitness map so that you can get a better understanding of the lay of the land if necessary. You can look through more of our posts on Italy if you are interested.
Best Gyms In Rome
You can visit one of these best gyms in Rome to get a great workout:
- H2o Fitness Center at Via del Pigneto 108
- KB Gym Fitness & Boxe at Via Crescenzio 21
- Dabliu Roma Nord at Via Busto Arsizio 31
- CrossFit Villa Albani at Via Salaria 105
- Easy Fit at Viale Trastevere 205
- Monti Fitness at Via di Sant’Agata de Goti 19
- Anytime Fitness at Viale Libia 152
- Rock it Climbing Roma at Via Biordo Michelotti 14/17
Anytime Fitness is a good 24 hour gym near you for those who need to work out any time day or night. Those who want to swim laps in a pool can do so at H2o Fitness Center, Easy Fit, Dabliu, and Monti Fitness.
H2o Fitness Center and Easy Fit provide zumba or other group aerobic dance classes for their members. As the name suggests anyone who wants to try out crossfit in your area can do so at CrossFit Villa Albani.
If you know of any quality gyms with childcare please let us know so we can add that info for the parents out there, thanks.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
At this time we do not know of any indoor cycling studios in town. However some of the best gyms in Rome do have group spinning classes like H2o Fitness Center, Easy Fit, and Dabliu.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
If you have dreams of being the next world champ head to one of these local boxing and MMA gyms:
- Pro Fighting at Via Muzio Attendolo 75
- Monti Fitness at Via di Sant’Agata de Goti 19
- Team Boxe at Viale Pico della Mirandola 15
- Kombat Gym at Via delle Palme 40F
- Gym Invictus Academy at Via Lanuvio 13
- Hung Mun at Via Rivarone 116
If you aren’t chasing the championship belt and just want to get a sweat in the cardio boxing classes at KB Gym, Easy Fit, and Monti Fitness can probably satisfy your needs too.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Rome
You won’t be lacking for options but in our opinion the best Rome yoga and pilates studios would be:
- Ryoga at Via Durazzo 24n
- Lotus Center at Via Luigi Chiarelli 33
- Centro Bikram Yoga at Via Aurelia 190/B
- Zem Yoga Studio at Corso Vittorio Emanuele II 184
- Fierce Grace Hot Yoga Roma at Piazzale Giulio Douhet 29
- Yoga Aventino at Via delle Terme Deciane 10
- Spazio Pilates at Via dei Delfini 20
- Gaia Pilates at Via della Lungara 26
You can find all kinds of neat techniques at the above studios. Plus there are additional local yoga and pilates classes at H2o Fitness Center, KB Gym, and Easy Fit.
The thing is, there are way too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know which you will prefer. The above studios should cover just about all of your needs.
Gary Cassin Personal Trainer Studio at Via Labicana 29a is a great place to try out a workout bootcamp.
We don’t know of any barre exercise studios in this city yet. However Ryoga from the yoga studios list does have barre fitness classes also.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
As we mentioned before the best gyms near you are not the only places to workout. Many people prefer to run or ride bikes outside and some great spots for outdoor recreation are:
- Palatine Hill
- Villa Borghese
- Janiculum Hill
- Villa Doria Pamphilj
- Parco Regionale Appia Antica
- Villa Ada
- Tiber River
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Rome
You may need to buy some things that will help you work out or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Rome are:
- Armeria Frinchillucci at Via Barberini 31
- Space23 at Corso Vittorio Emanuele II 156
- Banchetti Sport at Via del Leone 23
- Base Camp Mountain Equipment at Viale Regina Margherita 247
- A.S. Roma Store at Piazza Colonna 360
- Nike Store at Via del Corso 477-478
Home Gym Equipment
That previous list will have some options but you can buy more home gym equipment in your area at:
You may want to read more of our posts about:
- Yoga, Boxing, & Barre in Milan
- Yoga, Boxing, & Barre in Naples
- Yoga, Boxing, & Barre in Florence
- Yoga, Boxing, & Barre in Venice
Enjoy Working Out At Rome Gyms
Your confidence should be sky high after reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you.
If you think we got something wrong or if you have any of your own local fitness tips to add please use the comments at the bottom of this post to let us know. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Rome or working out in whichever way you prefer.