Our post on the best gyms in Florence should cover just about everything you need to know about working out around the area. We don’t want to waste your time so we will try to mention everything you need to know about fitness here as quickly as we can.
The best gyms near you will be how we get the ball rolling but there will be plenty more to come after that. Many of our readers will want to know about the best places to go for spinning and indoor cycling, as well as the best boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
The best pilates and yoga studios in Florence will definitely need to be discussed. Other topics on working out like local bootcamps and barre exercises will be covered in this fitness guide as well.
The best gyms are not the only place to do cardio so we will mention some good spots for outdoor recreation. And for those that are still here after all of that we will have to give a shout out to where you can buy sporting goods and home gym equipment in Florence.
You can look through some of the other posts we have written about cities in Italy there.
Best Gyms In Florence
Here is our list of the best gyms in Florence for working out:
- Klab Marignolle at Via del Ferrone 5
- Virgin Active at Via di Novoli 10
- Zero Uno at Via dei Caboto 32
- Tropos at Via Orcagna 20/A
- Swan Gymnastics Center at Via dè Pepi 28
- Florence Fitness at Via dei Fossi 56
- Fit Express Firenze at Via Ruggero Bardazzi 15
- Palestra Ricciardi at Borgo Pinti 75
- Area51 Climbing Center at Via di Casellina 73/e
Those who need 24 hour gym access in Florence will need to head to Fit Express. You can find zumba or aerobic dance classes at Zero Uno, Virgin Active, Swan Gymnastics Center and Fit Express.
Palestra Ricciardi has been around since 1953 and was founded by Tullio Ricciardi a former body building champion. Swan is where to go if you are serious about local gymnastics.
Area 51 is a really nice indoor climbing gym. If you need a pool then stick with Klab, Virgin Active, Zero Uno, Tropos, or Fit Express.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
You will find some form of indoor cycling or spinning classes near you at Klab, Zero Uno, Virgin Active and Tropos. At Tropos they even have aqua cycling in the pool, but don’t worry if you aren’t a fan of the water they have normal spinning classes as well.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
Fighting is also great cardio and the best boxing and MMA gyms in your area are:
- Dog Eat Dog Martial Arts Academy at Via del Romito 15/17
- Rua67 Academy at Via del Madonnone 47
- ASD Boxing Club Firenze at Via Giovanni da Montorsoli 1/c
- Best Gloves Firenze at Via Ferdinando Magellano 11
Zero Uno and Swan Gymnastics Center from our main best Florence gyms list also offer cardio boxing classes, but if you want to learn serious boxing or MMA techniques head to one of the above.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Florence
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios in Florence like:
- Yoga Garage at Via dei Conti 22R
- Maya Yoga Studio at Via Guelfa 1
- Center Yoga at Via del Bachiacca 5
- Studio Yoga Vijaya at Zona Isolotto Via S. Quirico 13
- Italia Power Yoga at Via della Chiesa 36/R
- Yorbes Yoga & Pilates Studio at Via Girolamo Benivieni 9
- Pilates Performance Studio at Via degli Artisti 6a
You will be able to take both local pilates and yoga classes at Florence Fitness, Palestra Ricciardi and Zero Uno. Virgin Active has group yoga classes, while Tropos, Swan and Fit Express offer pilates.
We aren’t really sure whether you want to find vinyasa, hatha flow, hot, bikram, power, ashtanga or other popular techniques so look around the links to those studios and find the right one for your needs.
At this point we are not aware of any workout bootcamps in your area but if you know of any please tell us in the comments.
The same is true of local barre exercises.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
Some people prefer to skip the gym but still get their cardio in outdoors. Running and riding bikes can be a lot of fun when the weather is nice and some great places for outdoor recreation and fitness are:
- Spiaggia sull’Arno
- Giardino della Gherardesca
- Parco delle Cascine
- Villa Stibbert
- Giardino dell’Orticultura
- Parco di Villa il Ventaglio
- The Arno River
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Florence
You may need to buy some things that will help you workout or visit the local gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Florence are:
- Fiorentina Store at Borgo S. Lorenzo 9/R
- L’Isolotto dello Sport at Via dell’Argingrosso 69 a/b
- Sporting Lab Srl at Via Lungo l’Affrico 80/82 r
- Obiettivo Montagna at Via Arnolfo 6
- The North Face Store Firenze at Via della Vigna Nuova 45R
- Decathlon Firenze Novoli at Via dei Rastrelli 24
Home Gym Equipment Near You
You can probably find some at those stores we just listed, but you can also buy home gym equipment in your area at Top Skills S.r.l. located at Viale A. Labriola 153. If you were interested we have also written about gyms and working out in:
Enjoy Working Out At Florence Gyms
All of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you are just waiting for you to take the plunge. If you happen to notice anything out of date on this page or if you have any of your own local fitness tips to share please tell us in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Florence or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.