This post on the best gyms in Athens is going to cover just about all of the things you need to know about working out around the area. The best gyms near you will be how we kick this fitness guide off but there is still plenty more to come after that.
We will fill you in on the best places to go for spinning and indoor cycling, as well as the best boxing and MMA gyms whether you just want some cardio or serious training.
The best pilates and yoga studios in Athens will definitely need to get their own sections. Bootcamps and barre exercises are both really growing in popularity so we will dive into them as well.
You can easily get a sweat in outside of the best gyms so the top outdoor recreation areas near the city have to get a shout out. And following all of that we will talk about where you can buy sporting goods and home gym equipment in Athens.
Some of you may want to look through more of our posts on getting in shape in other cities around Europe.
Best Gyms In Athens
We will start this by listing the best gyms in Athens for working out:
- Yava Fitness Center at Leof. Kifisias
- Holmes Place at Voukourestiou & 4 Stadiou Str., 1st Fl
- Golden Gym Kipseli at Kipselis 32
- Pagratio Gym at Imittou 190
- Gazi Crossfit at Vasiliou Tou Megalou 44
- Athlesis at Tsakalof 25
- Panteion Gym at Ipponaktos 36
- Redpoint Athens Climbing Center at Sofianopoulou 3
Both Yava Fitness Center and Holmes Place have a pool for those who want to do some lap swimming. Yava also has tennis and squash courts.
You can find zumba classes at Yava, Golden Gym, Holmes Place and Pagratio. For a 24 hour gym in Athens go to Panteion, and for indoor rock climbing check out the Redpoint Climbing Center.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
Zarou Zone located at Konstantinoupoleos 31 is a local favorite for good spinning classes near you. Yava Fitness Center, Holmes Place, Athlesis, and Pagratio all have group indoor cycling classes as well.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
Fighting is also great cardio and the best boxing and MMA gyms near you are:
- Manoplekha Camp Muay Thai at Krissis 47
- Fight Academy Περιστέρι at Klitoros 3, Peristeri
- Perseas Boxing Club at Ekavis 39, Galatsi
- Golden Corner at Anaxagora 33, Tavros
- White Tiger Muay Thai Camp at Emmanouil Chrisolora 15
The above are where you can go to learn the necessary MMA or boxing skills you desire. You can also take cardio boxing or fighting classes at Golden Gym, Holmes Place, Athlesis and Pagratio from the initial best gyms near you list.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Athens
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios in Athens like:
- Ashtanga Yoga 2002 at 15 Kalamiotou & 4 Skouze str. 4th fl Syntagma
- Hot Ashram Yoga Studio at Mitropoleos 62
- Shakti Yoga Studio at Fotiadou 17-19
- Spiti Yoga at Leocharous 6
- Nysy Studios Abhaya Yoga Home at Aiolou 43
- Athens Yoga Centre at Louizis Riankour 65
- Zen Me Yoga & Pilates Center at Skoufa 73
- Flow Studio Pilates at Dimofontos 59
Yava Fitness Center, Golden Gym, Athlesis, and Pagratio all offer yoga and pilates class. Gazi Crossfit has pilates.
You can click the above links to find the right yoga studio near you that does your favorite techniques and poses whether they are vinyasa, bikram, hot, power, ashtanga, hatha, or other kinds of yoga.
Greek Fitness Camp in Samos puts on some great bootcamps.
Athlesis from the main best gyms list has booty barre workouts that are a great way to get some cardio.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
Gyms certainly offer a lot, but they are not the only place you can get your cardio. Many people prefer to run or ride bikes when the weather is nice and some great places for outdoor recreation are:
- The National Gardens
- Lycabettus Hill
- Epirus or Arcadia River
- Mount Parnitha National Park
- The Cultural Park
- Diomides Botanic Garden
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Athens
Some of the best sporting goods stores in Athens are:
- Zakcret Sports at Ermou 70
- Top on Sports at Filolaou 44
- AlpamayoPRO Outdoor Sports Gear at Char. Trikoupi 6
- Martinis Sub at Aristidou 10
- Under Armour Brand House Stadiou at Stadiou 4
- Intersport at Themistokleous 3
- Nike Store at Ermou 1
- Polo Center at 28is Oktovriou 52
Home Gym Equipment Near You
Those sporting goods stores we just listed should also have some, but you can buy home gym equipment near you at:
- X-Treme Stores at Leof. Alexandras 136
- A. Leos SA Exercise Equipment at Leof. El. Venizelou 16, Kallithea
Just so you know we have also covered:
Enjoy Working Out At Athens Gyms
Now that you have learned more about those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you there really are not any excuses left. By the way, if you notice anything out of date in this local fitness guide or if you have any of your own tips to share please tell us in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Athens or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.