Last updated on April 28th, 2021
Hello and welcome to our post about the best gyms in Omaha where we will try to cover just about all there is to know about working out near you. We aren’t the type of site that likes to ramble and waste your time so we will get right to it.
There may not be a more natural way to begin than by listing the best Omaha gyms. Once they have been thoroughly discussed the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in the area will get their own sections.
Pilates and yoga studios near you will come next and we know many of you are here to learn more about them. More topics on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will get a shout out as things progress.
The gym is great but so are outdoor recreations areas so we will tell you about some of the top places to get some sun in the region. And finally the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will take us out of here.
Check out our other posts on the Midwest at that link.
Best Gyms In Omaha
You should be able to get a great workout at any of these best gyms in Omaha:
- Prairie Life Fitness Health Club at 8525 Q St
- The Athletic Club at 2275 S 132nd St
- Genesis Health Club at 14651 Sprague St
- West Omaha Fitness Center at 18132 Emiline St
- Life Time Fitness at 17007 Elm Plaza
- Armbrust Family YMCA at 5404 S 168th St
- Downtown Branch YMCA at 430 S 20th St
- Blue Moon Fitness at 10930 Emmet St
- Orangetheory Fitness at 16909 Burke St #122
- Planet Fitness at 2502 S 133rd Plz #108
- Crunch Fitness at 5218 S 136th St
- Approach Climbing Gym at 4923 S 72nd St
- Anytime Fitness at 1121 S 180th St
- Charles E. Lakin YMCA at 235 Harmony St, Council Bluffs
- Planet Fitness at 1751 Madison Ave, Council Bluffs
- Crossfit Vise at 20595 McPhearson Ave, Council Bluffs
Anytime Fitness would be a quality 24 hour gym near you if access all day and night is a priority. Prairie Life, The Athletic Club, Genesis, Life Time Fitness, and the YMCA’s should all have both a pool for swimming and a basketball court.
There are many options for group zumba or aerobic dance classes like Prairie Life Fitness, The Athletic Club, Genesis Health Club, Blue Moon Fitness, Crunch Fitness, and the YMCA’s. You can also get childcare while you workout at the YMCA’s, Genesis Health Club, or Life Time Fitness.
Approach would be the best indoor rock climbing gym in the area.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
Indoor cycling and spinning studios near you are a wonderful way to get the cardio you desire:
The above would be our favorite group spinning studios. There are also indoor cycling classes at Prairie Life Fitness, The Athletic Club, Genesis Health Club, West Omaha Fitness Center, Life Time Fitness, and the YMCA’s.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
For serious training try out these boxing and MMA gyms:
- 9round at 18204 Wright St
- Title Boxing Club at 3525 N 147th St #103
- Premier Combat Center at 13540 Discovery Drive #1-5
- Mid-America Martial Arts at 14951 Chandler Rd
And Prairie Life Fitness, The Athletic Club, West Omaha Fitness Center, Life Time Fitness, Blue Moon Fitness, and Crunch Fitness from our initial best gyms near you list also have cardio boxing classes.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Omaha
We certainly can’t leave off the best yoga or pilates studios in the area:
- Omaha Power Yoga at 8721 Shamrock Rd
- Karma Yoga at 15761 West Dodge Rd #102
- Sound Method Yoga at 12302 Emmet St
- Lotus House of Yoga at 6706 Frances
- Pranam Yoga Shala at 3925 Farnam St
- Core10 Pilates at 17525 Gold Plaza
- Pilates Center of Omaha at 11303 Wright Cir
More yoga and pilates classes can be found at the YMCA’s, Prairie Life Fitness, The Athletic Club, Genesis Health Club, and Blue Moon Fitness. Additionally there are yoga lessons at West Omaha Fitness Center, Life Time Fitness, or Crunch Fitness and pilates lessons at Crossfit Vise.
Look, there are tons of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more so we really don’t know which you prefer. The links to the above studios should help you end up in the right place.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to workout bootcamps and some of the best in town are:
- Farrell’s Extreme Bodyshaping at 7610 Dodge St
- Better Bodies Fitness at 4117 S 120th St #1250
- Edge Body Boot Camp at 10926 Emiline St, La Vista
Genesis Health Club and the West Omaha Fitness Center also do workout bootcamps.
Another way to workout that is growing in popularity is barre exercises and you can find them near you at:
You should be able to try more group barre workout classes at Prairie Life Fitness, The Athletic Club, Genesis Health Club, Life Time Fitness, the YMCA’s, and Blue Moon Fitness.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
Going to the gym is great, but you can also try hiking, riding bikes, or just being active at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Waterfall Trail
- Platte River State Park
- Eugene T. Mahoney State Park
- Fontenelle Forest
- Hummel Park Nature Center
- Heron Haven
- Hitchcock Nature Center
- Hummel Park Nature Center
- Lauritzen Gardens
- Seymour Smith Park
- Chalco Hills Recreation Area
- DeSoto National Wildlife Refuge
- Glenn Cunningham Lake
- Heartland of America Park
- Lake Zorinsky
- Lakeside Hills Park
- Lawrence Youngman Lake
- Mahoney State Park
- Memorial Park
- Omaha Parks
- Schramm Park State Recreation Area
- Standing Bear Lake
- Stinson Park
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Omaha
These Omaha sporting goods stores are where to buy your new gear or equipment:
- Peak Performance Running Store at 519 N 78th St
- Silo at 517 S 13th
- Disc Store at 600 S 72nd St
- Racquet Corner at 12027 Blondo St
- Nebraska Sporting Goods/Soccer Zone at 4304 S 84th St
- Scheels at 17202 Davenport St
- Bass Pro Shops at 2901 Bass Pro Dr, Council Bluffs
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 3816 Metro Dr, Council Bluffs
Home Gym Equipment
The list we just shared is also likely to have some but you can buy home gym equipment at:
- Push Pedal Pull at 2731 S 140th St
- Body Basics Fitness Equipment at 10912 Prairie Brook Rd
- Johnson Fitness & Wellness Store at 3425 Oak View Dr #50
By the way we have also written about:
- Gyms & Fitness in Kansas City
- Gyms & Fitness in Des Moines
- Gyms & Fitness in Wichita
- Gyms & Fitness in Minneapolis & St Paul
Enjoy Working Out At Omaha Gyms
Well guys, for now that is all that we can think to mention. After reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you you should feel a lot better about what comes next. We will be back often to update this page so that these lists stay fresh.
Our readers would really appreciate it if you would let us know if we said anything incorrect or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Omaha or working out in whichever way you prefer.