In this post we hope to fill you in on the best gyms in Wichita as well as everything we know about working out near you. Hopefully we can get you in and out as quick as possible.
To kick things off we will jump right in to the best gyms in Wichita. After they have been covered in full we will mention all the places you can go for spinning or indoor cycling classes, plus our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
We certainly can’t forget about the best local yoga and pilates studios. Plus we will discuss other subjects on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises.
The gym is cool but it isn’t the only place to work out and we have lengthy list of outdoor recreation areas where you can bike, hike, or get whatever kind of cardio you desire. Finally we will delve into stores to buy home gym equipment and sporting goods.
You may also be interested in reading our other posts on gyms around the US Midwest at that link.
Best Gyms In Wichita
When you are ready to work out the best gyms in Wichita are:
- Genesis Health Club at 1551 N Rock Rd
- Crossfit Wichita at 535 S Saint Francis
- Robert D Love Downtown YMCA at 402 N Market St
- Vasa Fitness at 1607 S Georgetown St
- Dennis Schoenebeck North Branch YMCA at 3330 N Woodlawn St
- Orangetheory Fitness Wichita East at 1423 N Webb Road #159
- Planet Fitness at 6592 E Central Ave
- Derby Recreation Center at 801 E Market St, Derby
- Newton YMCA at 701 E. Wheatridge Dr, Newton
- El Dorado YMCA at 300 N. Main St, El Dorado
- Andover Branch YMCA at 1115 E US Hwy 54, Andover
Planet Fitness is a 24 hour gym near you if you need one. Some of you may require childcare while you work out and if so you can find it at Genesis Health Clubs, Vasa Fitness, or the YMCA’s can often provide it.
Just about all of your options in the above list offer some kind of local group zumba or cardio dance classes. Genesis Health Club has the highest indoor rock climbing wall in Kansas.
Those who need a gym with a pool and basketball court should head to the YMCA’s, Genesis Health Club, Vasa Fitness, or the Derby Recreation Center.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
Spin Ict at 8641 W 13th St N #101 would get our nod for best indoor cycling studio near you. There are also group spinning classes at other gyms like the YMCA’s, Derby Recreation Center, or Vasa Fitness.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
You can find cardio fighting classes at many places, but if you want to get really technical you need to visit boxing and MMA gyms in your area like:
- Rebel Boxing Club at 737 N Maize Rd #600
- Title Boxing Club East Wichita at 8338 E 21st St N #305
- Wichita Airstrike Martial Arts at 600 S Tyler Rd #232
- Valor Martial Arts at 1836 S Woodlawn St
- Premier Martial Arts Wichita at 2121 N Tyler Rd
- Fox Fitness at 2923 N Tyler Rd
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Wichita
You can also head to one of these yoga or pilates studios in Wichita:
- Hot Asana Yoga Studio at 7348 West 21st St #112
- Satya Moon Yoga at 9747 East 21st St North #145
- Siva Yoga Studio at 311 North Quentin St
- Studio 54 Pilates at 214 S Rock Rd #105
Genesis Health Club, Derby Recreation Center, Vasa Fitness and the YMCA’s offer local yoga and pilates classes. We don’t know if you prefer vinyasa, hatha flow, hot, bikram, power, ashtanga or other popular techniques so look around the above links and find the right match for your own personal needs.
One of these workout bootcamps may just give you that kick in the butt you need:
- Wichita Fit Body Boot Camp at 1520 E Douglas Ave #120
- Derby Fit Body Boot Camp at 403 E Madison Ave, Derby
The YMCA’s are also good spots to find workout bootcamps near you.
Barre exercises get more popular every day and in this town you can find them at:
You can also try out the group barre exercise classes at Genesis Health Club, Dennis Schoenebeck North Branch YMCA, Derby Recreation Commission, and the Newton YMCA.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
Now you know about the best gyms in WIchita, but you can also work out under the sun at these outdoor recreation areas that are great for hiking, running, or riding bikes:
- Central Riverside Park
- The Keeper of the Plains
- Sedgwick County Park
- Great Plains Nature Center
- O.J. Watson Park
- Tanganyika Wildlife Park
- Arkansas River Bike Path
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Wichita
When you need some new gear or equipment try one of these sporting goods stores:
- First Gear Running Company at 111 N Mosley St
- The Slope at 2100 E Central
- Academy Sports + Outdoors at 2710 N Maize Rd
- Cabela’s at 2427 N Greenwich Rd
- Lululemon Athletica at 1423 N Webb Rd #115
- Famous Footwear at Derby Marketplace 1942 N. Rock Rd, Derby
- Hibbett Sports at 1936 N Rock Rd #400, Derby
- Famous Footwear Outlet at 601 SE 36th St #106, Newton
Home Gym Equipment Near You
The above list will probably also have some but you can also buy home gym equipment in your area at:
- Mid-States Fitness Equipment at 235 S Topeka St
- Home Fitness Exercise Equipment Co at 2260 N Rock Rd
You can read more of our local fitness guides for cities like:
Enjoy Working Out At Wichita Gyms
Now that you have read about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be sky high. Please share your own local fitness tips or let us know if we got anything wrong in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Wichita or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.