Today we will be discussing the best gyms in Oakland. Our goal is to cover as much as we can about working out near you in as short amount of a time as possible.
Since the majority of you are here for the best Oakland gyms we will list them first. Once they are out of the way we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in the area.
Pilates and yoga studios near you will come next and we are sure plenty of you are here to learn more about them. Other trending subjects on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will get their own sections as well.
When the weather is nice you may prefer to work out under the sun so the top outdoor recreations areas in the area will get a shout out. And finally the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will take us out of here.
The Pacific Northwest is an area we have written many local fitness guides about in the past.
Best Gyms In Oakland
These best gyms in Oakland are great spots to go for a quality workout:
- Active Sports Club at 1200 Clay St
- Downtown YMCA at 2350 Broadway
- 24 Hour Fitness at 3950 Alameda Ave
- Fitness Sf at 600 Grand Ave
- Bladium Sports & Fitness Club at 800 W Tower Ave, Alameda
- Planet Fitness at 4055 MacArthur Blvd
- Ironworks Climbing & Fitness Club at 800 Potter St, Berkeley
- UC Berkeley Sports Facility at 2301 Bancroft Way, Berkeley
If you need to use the gym day or night 24 Hour Fitness and Planet Fitness can handle your needs. You should be able to swim laps in a pool or use a basketball court at Active Sports Club, the Downtown YMCA, and the UC Berkeley Sports Facility.
Fitness Sf and the UC Berkeley Sports Facility have zumba and group aerobic dance classes. The YMCA should be able to provide childcare while you workout, and Ironworks is the best indoor rock climbing gym in the area.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
Indoor cycling and spinning studios near you are one of the most popular way to get your cardio these days:
Outside of those indoor cycling studios you can also find group spinning classes at the YMCA, Fitness Sf, Ironworks Climbing & Fitness Club, and the UC Berkeley Sports Facility.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
For serious training try out these boxing and MMA gyms:
- Boxing for Health at 452 Santa Clara Ave
- Pacific Ring Sports at 493 40th St
- Guardian Gym at 3109 Adeline St
- 9Round at 132 E 12th St
- Four Elements Fitness at 322 Frank Ogawa Plz
- Mixed Martial Arts Bravo Zulu at 3008 MacArthur Blvd
Fitness Sf and the UC Berkeley Sports Facility from our initial best gyms near you list also have cardio boxing classes.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Oakland
One of our more popular sections, here are the best yoga and pilates studios near you:
- Left Coast Power Yoga at 3702 Grand Ave
- Namaste Yoga + Wellness at 3229 Lakeshore Ave
- Hot Spot Yoga at 530 24th St #100
- Nest Yoga Studio at 3976 Piedmont Ave
- Bk Roots Fitness at 300 4th St
- X-Core Studio at 244 Grand Ave
There are also yoga and pilates classes at the UC Berkeley Sports Facility. Plus you can find group yoga lessons at Fitness Sf or Ironworks Climbing & Fitness Club.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to workout bootcamps and some of the best in town are:
- Proaction Athletics at 3360 Grand Ave
- Game Changer Fitness at 5427 Telegraph Ave #W1
- Urban Fitness at 121 2nd St
The YMCA, Fitness Sf, and Ironworks Climbing & Fitness Club are more places to go for workout bootcamps.
Visiting a barre exercise studio is a great way to tone your body:
- Physiqa at 4171 Piedmont Ave #204
- The Dailey Method at 4409 Piedmont Ave
- The Bar Method at 3298 Lakeshore Ave
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
Sometimes you may want to try hiking, riding bikes, or just being active at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Reinhardt Redwood Regional Park
- Leona Heights Park
- East Bay Regional Park District
- Bay Bridge Trail
- Roberts Regional Recreation Area
- Temescal Regional Recreation Area
- Peralta Hacienda Historical Park
- Joaquin Miller Park
- Huckleberry Botanic Regional Preserve
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Oakland
When it is time to buy new gear or equipment visit one of these Oakland sporting goods stores:
- Montclair Sports at 1970 Mountain Blvd
- Transports at 6014 College Ave
- Cycle Sports Inc at 3530 Grand Ave #2
- Hockey X Superstore at 210 Hegenberger Loop
- Big 5 Sporting Goods at 325 Park St, Alameda
- Sports Basement at 2727 Milvia St, Berkeley
Home Gym Equipment
360 Fitness Superstore located at 1821 Mt Diablo Blvd in Walnut Creek is another good place to buy home gym equipment and you should also check out the above sporting goods stores.
By the way we have also written about:
- All things fitness in San Francisco
- All things fitness in San Jose
- All things fitness in Sacramento
- All things fitness in Fresno
Enjoy Working Out At Oakland Gyms
Well guys, for now that is all that we have to share with you. After reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you you should feel a lot more prepared to take that next step.
Our readers would really appreciate it if you would let us know if we said anything incorrect or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Oakland or working out in whichever way you prefer.