Hello and welcome to our post about the best gyms in Sacramento where we will try to cover just about all there is to know about working out near you. We aren’t the type of site that likes to ramble and waste your time so we will get right to it.
There may not be a more natural way to begin than by listing the best Sacramento gyms. Once they have been thoroughly discussed the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area will get their own sections.
Local pilates and yoga studios will come next and we know many of you are here to learn more about them. More topics on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will get a shout out as things progress.
The gym is great but so are outdoor recreations areas so we will tell you about some of the top places to get some sun in the region. And finally the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will take us out of here.
Those that are curious can check out our other posts on the Pacific Northwest at that link.
Best Gyms In Sacramento
Here is our list of the best gyms in Sacramento for working out:
- California Family Fitness at 3880 Innovator Dr
- The Capital Athletic Club at 1515 8th St
- Fitness Rangers at 1717 34th St
- Pipeworks at 116 N 16th St
- 24 Hour Fitness at 1020 7th St
- Orangetheory Fitness at 2901 K St #190
- Life Time Athletic at 1435 E Roseville Pkwy, Roseville
- 24 Hour Fitness at 336 N Sunrise Ave, Roseville
- California Family Fitness at 5001 Foothills Blvd, Roseville
- Life Time Athletic at 110 Serpa Way, Folsom
If you need local gym access any time day or night both 24 Hour Fitness locations are going to be your best bet. For a basketball court and swimming pool head to California Family Fitness, Capital Athletic Club, 24 Hour Fitness, and Life Time Athletic.
Group zumba or aerobic dance classes are available at California Family Fitness, Pipeworks, and 24 Hour Fitness. Pipeworks would get the nod for best indoor rock climbing gym in the region.
You should be able to get childcare while you work out at California Family Fitness, Fitness Rangers, or Life Time Athletic.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
Teamride at 5535 H St is one of the best indoor cycling studios in your area. Additional group spinning classes are available to the members of California Family Fitness, The Capital Athletic Club, Fitness Rangers, 24 Hour Fitness, or Life Time Athletic.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
For serious training try out these local boxing and MMA gyms:
- Flawless Boxing & Fitness at 600 Broadway
- 9round at 1914 P St
- UFC Gym Sacramento at 8241 Bruceville Rd #140
- Urijah Faber’s Ultimate Fitness at 6700 Folsom Blvd
- Yemaso Brazilian Jiu Jitsu at 3021 65th St
- Ralph Gracie at 4000 Truxel Rd #1
California Family Fitness and 24 Hour Fitness also put on group boxing classes if cardio is the goal.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Sacramento
We certainly can’t leave off the best yoga or pilates studios in your area:
- Zuda Yoga at 1515 19th St #104
- One Flow Yoga at 5600 H St #130
- Solfire Yoga at 2613 J St
- Yoga Loka at 4820 Folsom Blvd
- Purely Hot Yoga at 6350 Folsom Blvd
- P2o Hot Pilates & Fitness at 2012 P St
- Humani Pilates at 2020 I St
- Club Pilates at 2860 Del Paso Rd #200
- Pilates Heartcore at 2901 Sunrise Blvd #150, Rancho Cordova
- Uplift at 8420 Elk Grove Florin Rd #140, Elk Grove
There will also be local yoga and pilates classes at California Family Fitness, The Capital Athletic Club, or 24 Hour Fitness. More yoga is available at Life Time Athletic, and more pilates lessons can be found at Fitness Rangers.
Look, there are tons of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more so we really don’t know which you prefer. The links to the above studios should help you end up in the right place.
A workout bootcamp with Fitness Rangers at 1717 34th Street could give you that edge we all sometimes need. California Family Fitness and Fitness Rangers from our main best gyms near you list also have workout bootcamps.
Visiting a barre exercise studio is another good way to get in shape quick:
Just like in our last section California Family Fitness and Fitness Rangers also have group barre exercise classes. You can see why they made our initial list.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
Going to the gym is great, but you can also try hiking, riding bikes, or just being active at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- American River
- American River Trail
- Gold Bug Park
- The Cronan Ranch Regional Trails Park
- Apple Hill
- Effie Yeaw Nature Center
- Auburn State Recreation Area
- Folsom Lake State Recreation Area
- Tahoe and Eldorado National Forests
- Sacramento River
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Sacramento
These Sacramento sporting goods stores are where to buy your new gear or equipment:
- Sports Fever at 1689 Arden Way #1246
- Natomas Bike Shop at 3291 Truxel Rd # 30
- Land Park Ski & Sports at 4207 Freeport Blvd
- Big 5 Sporting Goods at 3420 Arden Way
- Fleet Feet at 2311 J St
- Rei at 1790 Expo Pkwy
- Big 5 Sporting Goods at 6608 Laguna Blvd, Elk Grove
- Roseville Cyclery at 404 Vernon St, Roseville
- Clarks Snow Sports at 212 Harding Blvd #M, Roseville
- Bluezone Sports at 392 Roseville Square, Roseville
- Folsom Bike at 7610 Folsom-Auburn Rd #100, Folsom
- Adidas Outlet at 13000 Folsom Blvd #101A, Folsom
Home Gym Equipment
The list we just shared is also likely to have some but you can buy home gym equipment in your area at:
By the way we have also written about:
- Yoga Studios & Boxing Gyms in San Francisco
- Yoga Studios & Boxing Gyms in Stockton
- Yoga Studios & Boxing Gyms in Oakland
- Yoga Studios & Boxing Gyms in Reno
Enjoy Working Out At Sacramento Gyms
We wish we had more to offer but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you you should feel a lot better about what comes next. We will be back often to update this page so that these lists stay fresh.
Our readers would really appreciate it if you would let us know if we said anything incorrect or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Sacramento or working out in whichever way you prefer.