On this page we will be discussing the best gyms in Stockton as well as everything we know about working out near you. We know your time is of utmost importance so we will do our best not to ramble.
To kick this guide off we will dive right in to the best Stockton gyms. Once they are covered in full the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes will be next, plus our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area will get a mention.
We certainly won’t want to leave out the best local pilates and yoga studios either. As the post progresses other subjects on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will get a shout out.
The gym is great but it isn’t the only place to work out and we have lengthy list of outdoor recreation areas where you can get all kinds of great cardio. To wrap it all up the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will be listed.
You can check out some of our other posts on cities around the Pacific Northwest at that link.
Best Gyms In Stockton
Here is our list of the best gyms in Stockton for working out:
- In-Shape Health Club at 4555 N Pershing Ave #1
- Oasis City Center at 848 E Hammer Ln
- Planet Fitness at 1175 W March Ln
- Crunch Fitness at 1155 E March Ln
- Asap Fitness at 906 Tommydon St
- Sweat at 6355 Pacific Ave
- In-Shape Health Club at 101 S Tracy Blvd, Tracy
- Twin Arbors Athletic Club at 1900 S Hutchins St, Lodi
- Fitness System at 512 N Cherokee Ln, Lodi
- Stonehenge at 500 9th St #L2, Modesto
Anyone that requires 24 hour gym access in your area can get it at the In-Shape Health Clubs, Planet Fitness, and Fitness System. You can find a pool at the In-Shape Health Clubs and Oasis, plus the latter has a basketball court.
The In-Shape Health Clubs and Crunch Fitness both offer group zumba and aerobic dance classes. The In-Shape Health Club is where to go if you need childcare while you workout.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
RIDE209 at 1475 Moffat Rd #17 in Manteca is a really good dedicated indoor cycling studio near you. There are also group spinning classes at the In-Shape Health Clubs, Asap Fitness, Sweat, and Fitness System.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
You can find cardio fighting classes at many places, but if you are hoping to improve your technique you should visit boxing and MMA gyms like:
- Nick Diaz Academy at 7555 Pacific Ave
- Stockton Cal Street Boxing Club at 317 N California St
- VALOR Training Center at 9937 Lower Sacramento Rd
- American Martial Arts Academy at 6360 Pacific Ave #1
- Discovery Martial Arts at 1700 Pacific Ave
Obviously if you are a fan of MMA Stockton’s own Nick Diaz Academy is a place you might want to check out. There are also cardio boxing classes at some of the best gyms near you like the In-Shape Health Clubs and Sweat.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Stockton
We know many of you will be interested in these Stockton yoga or pilates studios:
- True You Hot Yoga at 2341 Pacific Ave
- The Yoga Center at 2218 Pacific Ave
- Shine Cycle + Yoga + Barre at 308 Lincoln Center
- Ben Mackie Fitness at 840 W Benjamin Holt Dr
- Studio V Pilates & Fitness at 4459 Spyres Way #A, Modesto
The In-Shape Health Clubs have local yoga and pilates classes while there are more yoga options at Crunch Fitness. There are so many types of poses and techniques these days like vinyasa, hatha flow, hot, bikram, power, ashtanga or more and we really don’t know what you are after.
It is probably best if you look at the links to the above studios and choose the right one for your personal needs.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to workout bootcamps and you can find some here like:
- The Camp Transformation Center at 2339 W Hammer Ln
- Orangetheory Fitness at 6575 Pacific Ave
- Power 45 Fitness at 5638 N Pershing Ave
We listed them in the yoga section first but Shine Cycle + Yoga + Barre is a great barre studio in your area. You can also enjoy group barre workouts at the In-Shape Health Clubs and Sweat.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
Now you have read about the best Stockton gyms, but you can also work out under the sun at these outdoor recreation areas that are great for hiking, running, or riding bikes:
- Stribley Community Park
- American Legion Park
- Oak Grove Regional Park
- Buckley Cove Park
- Panella Park
- Louis Park
- Micke Grove Park
- Carnegie State Vehicular Recreation Area
- San Joaquin Audubon Society
- Oak Grove Nature Center
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Stockton
You may need to buy some things that will help you workout or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Stockton are:
- Soccer City at 1120 Waterloo Rd
- Slip Skate Shop at 3228 Pacific Ave #B
- Outdoor Sportsman at 4969 West Ln
- Turner’s Outdoorsman at 636 W Hammer Ln
- Fleet Feet at 265 Lincoln Ctr
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 5354 Pacific Ave
- Big 5 Sporting Goods at 1053 W March Ln
- Play It Again Sports at 828 W Benjamin Holt Dr
- Dayak’s Den Soccer at 320 W Larch Rd #11, Tracy
- Big 5 Sporting Goods at 3200 Naglee Rd #300, Tracy
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 2760 Reynolds Ranch Pkwy, Lodi
Play it Again Sports is a good place to buy and sell new or used sporting.
Home Gym Equipment Near You
We don’t know of any high quality stores that sell local home gym equipment but you can certainly find some at the sporting goods stores above like the numerous Dick’s Sporting Goods in your area.
In case you might be interested we have also discussed:
- Sacramento Gyms & Sporting Goods
- Oakland Gyms & Sporting Goods
- San Jose Gyms & Sporting Goods
- Fresno Gyms & Sporting Goods
Enjoy Working Out At Stockton Gyms
After reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be sky high. It would be quite helpful if you could share your own local fitness tips or let us know if we got anything wrong in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Stockton or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.