In this post we will be discussing the best gyms in San Jose plus all the things we know about working out near you. We know your time is of utmost importance so we will get right to it.
We can’t think of a better way to start off then by diving right into the best San Jose gyms. Once they are out of the way we will talk about the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes, as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
We know many of you are going to be interested in the best pilates and yoga studios near you. As we continue to move forward other subjects on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will be covered too.
Everyone reading this probably loves the gym but isn’t your only option for cardio so the top outdoor recreations areas in the region will be listed. And to finish things off we will tell you about the best local stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment.
The Pacific Northwest is an area that we have written about many times on our site.
Best Gyms In San Jose
Here is our list of the best gyms in San Jose for working out:
- Forma Gym at 5434 Thornwood Dr
- San Jose Swim & Racquet Club at 1170 Pedro St
- 49ers Fit at 1600 Saratoga Ave #36
- Camden Community Center at 3369 Union Ave
- VillaSport Athletic Club & Spa at 1167 N Capitol Ave
- ClubSport at 800 Embedded Way
- Spartan Recreation & Aquatic Center at 324 Paseo de San Carlos
- Central YMCA at 1717 The Alameda
- The Studio Climbing at 396 S 1st St
- Trimtuf Gym 24h Access at 1310 Tully Rd #105
- Bay Club Courtside at 14675 Winchester Blvd, Los Gatos
- Fitness 19 at 2727 S El Camino Real #D, San Mateo
Anyone who needs 24 hour gym access can get it at Trimtuf. If you need both a pool and basketball court you can get them at Camden Community Center, VillaSport Athletic Club, Spartan Rec Center, and the Central YMCA .
There are numerous tennis courts at Bay Club Courtside plus a nice pool. For group zumba or aerobic dance classes you can try Forma Gym, 49ers Fit, Camden Community Center, VillaSport Athletic Club, ClubSport, Central YMCA, Bay Club Courtside, and Fitness 19.
You can also get childcare while you workout at Forma Gym, San Jose Swim & Racquet Club, Central YMCA, and Bay Club Courtside. The Studio Climbing is the best indoor rock climbing gym in your area.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
These indoor cycling and spinning studios in your area are a great way to get more cardio:
Forma Gym, San Jose Swim & Racquet Club, 49ers Fit, VillaSport Athletic Club, ClubSport, Spartan Rec Center, Bay Club Courtside, and Fitness 19 all have group spinning classes as well.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
If you have dreams of being the next world champion these local boxing and MMA gyms may help lead you in the right direction:
- Condition and Competition Kickboxing at 1754 Junction Ave
- Cali Boxing & Fitness at 3469 McKee Rd
- American Kickboxing Academy at 7012 Realm Dr
- Fightcraft Home of Bang Muay Thai at 1825 W San Carlos St
- Xtreme Martial Arts & Fitness Center at 3681 Union Ave
If you don’t care as much about technique and are just going for the cardio workout then the group boxing classes at 49ers Fit, VillaSport Athletic Club, ClubSport, Central YMCA, and Fitness 19 will get the job done.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In San Jose
We bet many of you would enjoy these San Jose yoga or pilates studios:
- Bikram Yoga San Jose at 5333 Prospect Rd
- CorePower Yoga at 747 Winchester Blvd #150
- Downtown Yoga Shala at 467 S 1st St
- Pilates V Willow Glen at 1467 Bird Ave
- Club Pilates at 1708 Oakland Rd #200
Of course many of the best gyms near you also have group yoga and pilates classes like Forma Gym, San Jose Swim & Racquet Club, VillaSport Athletic Club, ClubSport, Spartan Rec Center, Central YMCA, Bay Club Courtside, and Fitness 19.
And then there are even more yoga lessons at 49ers Fit, Camden Community Center, and The Studio Climbing. With so many varieties of poses and techniques these days like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more we really don’t know what you are after.
The links to the above studios should help you figure out which one is best for you.
One of these workout bootcamps could be just what it takes to get you off the couch:
- Elite Spartans at 3278 Almaden Expy
- Brick House Fitness at 1886 W San Carlos St
- Method3 Fitness at 1918 Camden Ave
Forma Gym, San Jose Swim & Racquet Club, Spartan Rec Center, The Studio Climbing, Bay Club Courtside, and Fitness 19 are more places to find workout bootcamps.
These barre exercise studios are another good way to get in shape quick:
And there are additional barre exercise classes at Forma Gym, 49ers Fit, VillaSport Athletic Club, ClubSport, The Studio Climbing, and Bay Club Courtside.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
When you want to get some sun you can go hiking, running, or riding bikes outside of the best gyms in San Jose at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Los Gatos Creek Trail
- Coyote Creek Parkway Path
- Guadalupe River Trail
- Mount Hermon
- Alum Rock Park
- Vasona Park
- Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park
- Guadalupe River Trail
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In San Jose
You may need to buy some things that will help you work out or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in San Jose are:
- Athletic Treads at 1141 Lincoln Ave
- Asby Sports at 392 North Capitol Ave
- South Bay Sports Training & Batting Cages at 995 E Santa Clara St
- Sports Fever at 925 Blossom Hill Rd #1048
- Bass Pro Shops at 5160 Cherry Ave
- Sports Basement at 1875 S Bascom Ave #240, Campbell
- Patagonia at 525 Alma St, Palo Alto
Home Gym Equipment
Those sporting goods stores will likely have some home gym equipment in your area but you can also find more at:
In case you might be interested we have also discussed:
- The Best Gyms in San Francisco
- The Best Gyms in Oakland
- The Best Gyms in Stockton
- The Best Gyms in Los Angeles
Enjoy Working Out At San Jose Gyms
After reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you you should feel a lot better about what comes next. We will be back often to update this page so that these lists stay fresh.
We would be grateful if you could help us out by sharing your own local fitness tips or letting us know if we got anything wrong in the comments. Have fun visiting the best gyms in San Jose or working out in whichever way you prefer.