Welcome to our post on the best gyms in Fresno and everything you need to know about working out around town. The best gyms near you will be how we kick things off but they are definitely not the full scene. We need to tell you about the best places to go for spinning and indoor cycling, as well as the best boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
After discussing them we will dive into the best pilates and yoga studios in Fresno. Other topics on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will be getting their own sections of our local fitness guide.
The best gyms are not the only places you can get your cardio so the top outdoor recreation areas in the region will get a mention. And following all of that we will talk about where you can buy sporting goods and home gym equipment in Fresno.
We have written about tons of gyms in this part of the country and you can look through more of our guides here.
Best Gyms In Fresno
Here is our list of the best gyms in Fresno for working out:
- Gb3 at 7825 N Palm Ave
- Sierra Sport & Racquet Club at 2626 W Alluvial
- Fort Washington Fitness at 9471 N Fort Washington Rd
- Orangetheory Fitness at 7735 N Blackstone Ave, #106-112
- Planet Fitness at 741 E Barstow Ave
- Metalmark Climbing & Fitness at 4042 N Cedar Ave
- Gb3 Clovis at 1885 Herndon Ave, Clovis
- Crunch Shaw at 284 W Shaw Ave, Clovis
- Orangetheory Fitness at 1785 Herndon Ave #103/104, Clovis
- Xcelerate Fitness at 555 I St, Reedley
If you need a pool and basketball court then Sierra is where you need to go. Gb3 does have a pool, and for a 24 hour gym in Fresno head to Planet Fitness.
Those who want to try zumba classes can find them at Gb3, Sierra Sport & Racquet Club or Metalmark Climbing & Fitness. For tennis you can go to Sierra Sport & Racquet Club. Metalmark is your best option for an indoor climbing gym.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
Cyclebar at 8464 N Friant Rd Suite 108 is a great place to go for serious spinning classes. Gb3 and Sierra Sport & Racquet Club from our initial best gyms in your area list also have indoor cycling classes.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
Fighting is also great cardio and the best local boxing and MMA gyms are:
- Fresno Ultimate Martial Arts at 7731 N First St
- Halo Jiu-Jitsu Training Center at 3980 N Chestnut
- Dethrone Mixed Martial Arts at 3069 W Bullard Ave
- 9round Fitness at 9505 N Sommerville Dr Suite #103
- Aleman Boxing Club & Fitness Center at 1229 N Sierra Vista Ave
- Pacific Martial Arts at 4774 N Blackstone Ave
You can also find cardio kickboxing at Gb3 and Metalmark Climbing & Fitness. The gyms from this list are where you will need to go to learn serious MMA techniques.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Fresno
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios in Fresno like:
- Blue Moon Yoga at 1144 E Champlain Drive #104
- Coil Yoga at 292 W Shaw Ave
- Perfect Balance Yoga at 5091 N Fresno St #133
- Tower Yoga at 1277 N Wishon Ave
- Old Town Yoga at 325 Clovis Ave Ste 106, Clovis
- Club Pilates at 7735 N Blackstone Ave #101
Gb3 and Sierra Sport & Racquet Club from our initial best Fresno gyms list have both yoga and pilates, while Metalmark has yoga. Click the above links to find the right yoga studio near you for your own personal needs.
Whether you want to find vinyasa, hatha flow, hot, bikram, power, ashtanga or other popular techniques there are plenty of options. Blue Moon and Perfect Balance both have yoga classes for kids.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to workout bootcamps in your area and you can find some like:
- The Camp Transformation Center at 4323 N Blackstone Ave #101
- Push Bootcamps at 1209 Barstow Ave, Clovis
- Clovis Fit Body Boot Camp at 435 N Clovis Ave #103, Clovis
Gb3 from our main list has two kind of bootcamps one that focuses on Hiit exercises and the other on cardio. Xcelerate Fitness also offers bootcamps.
The Bar Method at 6751 N Palm Ave is a gym that is mostly dedicated to barre workouts. You can find more at Coli Yoga as well.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
You can workout pretty much anywhere so you don’t always have to go to the gym. Many people prefer to run or ride bikes when the weather is nice and some great places for outdoor recreation and fitness are:
- Blossom Trail
- Boole Tree Trail
- Woodward Park
- Millerton Lake State Recreation Area
- Island Waterpark
- Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks
- King River
- Sierra National Forest
- Shaver Lake
- Huntington Lake
- Millerton Lake
- Pine Flat Lake
- Clovis Botanical Gardens
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Fresno
You may need to buy some things that will help you workout or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Fresno are:
- Jr’s Sports Collectibles at 4249 W Shaw Ave
- Turner’s Outdoorsman at 6264 N Blackstone Ave
- The Bulldog Shop at 1794 E Barstow Ave
- The Boat Shoppe at 2125 N Ventura Ave
- Sportsman’s Warehouse at 8468 N Friant Rd
- Fleet Feet at 9447 N Fort Washington Rd #106
- Rei at 7810 N Blackstone Ave
- 5.11 Tactical at 5133 N Gates Ave Ste 101
- Big 5 Sporting Goods at 5488 N Blackstone Ave
- Prodigy Boardshop at 1050 Shaw Ave, Clovis
- Steven’s Bicycles at 1365 N Willow Ave #150, Clovis
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 1225 Herndon Ave, Clovis Shopping Centre
- Skechers Warehouse Outlet at 880 Herndon Ave #101, Clovis
Home Gym Equipment Near You
You can probably find some at those stores we just listed, but you can also buy home gym equipment in your area at:
In the past we have also covered:
If you were curious about what things are like in some other major cities that aren’t too far away.
Enjoy Working Out At Fresno Gyms
Now that you have read about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be sky high. By the way, if you notice anything out of date on this page or if you have any of your own fitness tips to share please use the comments to fill us in.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Fresno or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.