Last updated on January 13th, 2021
Welcome to our guide to the best gyms in Marseille and everything you need to know about working out near you. It won’t take us long to cover just about everything you need to know about the local fitness scene.
We can’t think of a better way to start off then by discussing the best Marseille gyms. Once they are out of the way we will talk about the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes, as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in the area.
We know many of you are going to be interested in the best pilates and yoga studios near you. As we continue to move forward other subjects on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will be covered too.
Everyone reading this probably loves the gym but isn’t your only option for cardio so the top outdoor recreations areas in the region will be listed. And to finish things off we will tell you about the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you.
Europe is an area that we have obviously written about many times on our site.
Best Gyms In Marseille
When you want a great workout head to one of these best gyms in Marseille:
- Life Club at 117 Rue Sainte
- Wellness Sport Club at 330 Avenue du Prado
- Set Marseille at 265 Avenue de Mazargues
- L’Orange Bleue at 101 Blvd Camille Flammarion
- Fitness Park at Montée Commandant de Robien
- Basic-Fit at 19-21 Rue Saint-Ferréol
- Gym Suédoise at Immeuble Le Corbusier 280 bd Michelet
- Climb Up at 4 Montée Commandant de Robien
The top four on the list should have a pool if you want to swim laps or go for a casual swim. There are group zumba or aerobic dance classes at Life Club, Wellness Sport Club, Set, L’Orange Bleue, Basic-Fit, and Gym Gym Suédoise.
Climb Up is the best indoor rock climbing gym in Marseille. 24 hour gyms or childcare while you workout are not available here to the best of our knowledge.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
We are not aware of any dedicated indoor cycling studios, however some of the best gyms near you have group spinning classes like Life Club, Wellness Sport Club, Set Marseille, L’Orange Bleue, Fitness Park, and Basic-Fit.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
If you have dreams of being the next world champion these boxing and MMA gyms may help lead you in the right direction:
- Marseille Boxing Club at 2 Traverse Mont Léon
- Royal Boxing Club at 32 Rue du Commandant Rolland
- Savate Boxing Endoume at 12 Rue des Lices
- Etienne Claude Jjb Pancrace MMA at 85 Rue d’Italie
More cardio boxing classes are available at Life Club, Wellness Sport Club, Set Marseille, L’Orange Bleue, and Basic-Fit.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Marseille
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios in Marseille like:
- Yama Ashtanga Yoga at 66C Rue Sainte
- Bikram Yoga College at 25 Rue Trois Rois
- Ananda Yoga at 2 Rue Gustave Ricard
- Bikram Yoga Studio at 47 Blvd Paul Peytral
- Académie de Hatha Yoga at 8 Rue des Héros
- Moonrise Yoga Studio at 42 Rue Jean de Bernardy
- Studio Nai’a at 20 Rue César Aleman
Life Club, Wellness Sport Club, Set Marseille, L’Orange Bleue, Fitness Park, Basic-Fit, and Gym Suédoise from our initial list also have group yoga and pilates classes.
With so many varieties of poses and techniques these days like vinyasa, hatha flow, hot, bikram, power, ashtanga or more and we really don’t know what you are after. The links to the above studios should help you choose the right option for your own personal needs.
Wellness Sport Club and Basic-Fit have popular workout bootcamps.
The only place we know to go for barre exercise classes is Wellness Sport Club.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
When you want to get some sun and go hiking, running, or riding bikes outside of the best gyms in x you can try these outdoor recreation areas:
- Calanques National Park
- La Corniche
- Beach of la Pointe Rouge
- The Rade Islands
- Le Vieux Port
- Prado Beaches
- Château d’If
- Parc Borély
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Marseille
These Marseille sporting goods stores are great places to buy new gear or equipment:
- Go Sport at 17 Cours Belsunce
- Au Vieux Campeur at 255 Avenue du Prado
- Jd Sports at 23 Rue Saint-Ferréol
- Alpina LaMontagne at 70 Rome St
- Endurance Shop Marseille at 164 Avenue des Peintres Roux
- Cap-Running at 114 Corniche Président John F. Kennedy
- L’Univers du Foot at 30A Rue de Rome
- Decathlon Marseille Bonneveine at Chemin du Roy d’Espagne
- Nike Store at 9 Quai du Lazaret
Home Gym Equipment Near You
Fitness Boutique at 28 Boulevard de la Libération is a good place to buy home gym equipment. There will also be more available at the above sporting goods stores near you.
For more of our local fitness guides check out these links:
Enjoy Working Out At Marseille Gyms
Reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you should get your confidence higher than ever before. We would be grateful if you could help us out by sharing your own local fitness tips or letting us know if we got anything wrong in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Marseille or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.