Last updated on March 24th, 2021
The best gyms in Lyon plus all the things we know about working out near you will be discussed to the best of our abilities in this guide. We know your time can’t be wasted so we will get right to it.
The simplest way to get this ball rolling is to list the best Lyon gyms. Once they have been covered in full we will be moving on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes, as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in the area.
Pilates and yoga studios near you will come next and they absolutely have to get their own sections. As the post progresses other subjects on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will get a shout out.
Everyone reading this probably loves the gym but isn’t your only option for cardio so the top outdoor recreations areas in the region will be listed. And the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will be where we end.
If you are interested you can read more of our European gym guides at that link.
Best Gyms In Lyon
Here is our list of the best gyms in Lyon for working out:
- Wellness Sport Club at 153 Vendôme St
- L’Appart Health et Fitness at 8 Rue Joseph Serlin
- Club Victor Hugo at 332 Av. Berthelot
- Keep Cool at 8 Rue Joseph Serlin
- Inpulse at 99 Rue de Gerland
- Fitness Park at 112 Cours Charlemagne
- Neoness at 141 Rue Marius Berliet
- Climb’Up Confluence at 12 Cours Charlemagne Niveau 2
- Climb Up Gerland at 11 Rue Lortet
- MROC Part-Dieu at 86 Rue du Pensionnat
The top three gyms on that list will have a pool for swimming. Wellness Sport Club, L’Appart Health et Fitness, Inpulse, and Neoness all offer either group zumba or aerobic dance classes.
Unfortunately we are not aware of any good 24 hour gyms or options for childcare while you workout. The Climb’Up’s and MROC Part-Dieu would be the top indoor rock climbing gyms near you.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
We don’t know of any dedicated indoor cycling studios in the area. However some of the spots from our best Lyon gyms list you just read have group spinning classes like Wellness Sport Club, L’Appart Health et Fitness, Keep Cool, and Fitness Park.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
Those who aspire to be the next world champion can get the training they need at these boxing and MMA gyms:
- Ksius Gym Club at 21 Rue Longue
- Ring Side at 99 Rue de Gerland
- Sfg Savate at 40 Rue de Gerland
- Lyon MMA Center at 19bis Rue Poizat, Villeurbanne
- Club Fighters 69 Team Ezbiri at 4 Rue de la Ligne de l’Est
More cardio boxing classes are available at Wellness Sport Club, L’Appart Health et Fitness, Club Victor Hugo, and Neoness.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Lyon
We bet many of you would enjoy these Lyon yoga or pilates studios:
- Yoga Room at 29 Place Bellecour
- Opera Hot Yoga at 12 Rue Pizay
- Yoga Citta at 204 Rue de Créqui
- Zenspace Yoga at 131 Rue d’Anvers
- Onlyoga at 5 Rue Saint-Claude
- Atelier Pilates at 27 Rue Sainte-Hélène
- Multifa at 7 Place des Terreaux
You can also try out the group yoga and pilates classes at Wellness Sport Club, L’Appart Health et Fitness, Club Victor Hugo, Inpulse, and Neoness. With so many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more we really don’t know what you are after.
The links to the above studios should help you figure out which one is best for you.
As the name would suggest Bootcamp Lyon at 18 Allée du Chalet is where to find a workout bootcamp.
We don’t know of any barre exercise studios near you, but there are group barre workout classes at L’Appart Health et Fitness.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
When you want to get some sun you can go hiking, running, or riding bikes outside of the best gyms in Lyon at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Parc Naturel Régional des Monts d’Ardèche
- Parc de la Tête d’Or
- Grand Parc de Miribel-Jonage
- Parc de la Tete d’Or
- Place Bellecour
- Parc National des Écrins
- The National Nature Reserve of Les Gorges de l’Ardèche
- Parc de la Tête d’Or
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Lyon
These Lyon sporting goods stores are great places to buy new gear or equipment:
- Intersport Lyon at 86 Grande Rue de la Croix-Rousse
- Millet Eider Lafuma Shop at 42 Rue de Brest
- Giant Lyon Centre at 13 Quai Victor Augagneur
- Ciclofficina at 4 Rue Jangot
- JD Sports at 62 Rue de la République
- Velo’v at Grand Lyon, 20 Rue du Lac
- Decathlon at 17 Rue Dr Bouchut
- Go Sport at 17 Rue Dr Bouchut
- Nike Factory Store at 2 Rue Jacquard
Home Gym Equipment Near You
FitnessBoutique Lyon Saxe at 151 Avenue Maréchal de Saxe is a good place to find more home gym equipment near you. Of course the above sporting goods stores will probably have some as well.
Just so you know we have also covered:
Enjoy Working Out At Lyon Gyms
After reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be sky high. We would be grateful if you could help us out by sharing your own local fitness tips or letting us know if we got anything wrong in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Lyon or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.