Over the next few minutes we think many of you will learn a little something about the best gyms in Barcelona. Our only real goal is to cover the local fitness scene as well as possible.
Jumping right into the best Barcelona gyms is probably our best option since they are probably what most of you are trying to learn more about. After we have discussed them we will pivot to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes plus our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in town.
Up next will be the best yoga and pilates studios around your area. These days workout bootcamps and barre exercises are getting quite trendy so they will need to be broken down too.
There are many good outdoor recreations areas in the region that will be perfect places to be active on a sunny day. And to get us out of here we will fill you in on the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you.
But before we wrap it all up there will be a local fitness map to help you get a better understanding of where all these places are. Spain is a country we have written about numerous times.
Best Gyms In Barcelona
These best gyms in Barcelona are places where you can expect to get a quality workout:
- Forus Les Corts at Travessera de les Corts 252-254
- Cem Joan Miró at Carrer de la Diputació 17
- Metropolitan Iradier at Carrer de les Escoles Pies 105
- Eurofitness at Carrer del Perill 16-22
- Dir at Carrer de Ganduxer 25
- BCN Fitness at Carrer d’Aragó 322
- Viva Gym at Carrer Bruc 49
- Snap Fitness Aragó 24/7 at C/ d’Aragó 115
- Sharma Climbing at Carrer del Marroc 206
- Climbat La Foixarda at Carrer de la Foixarda 14
- XFit Eixample Fitness at Calle de la Torre 11
Now for a little on the above, those of you who like to work out at odd hours may want to know that BCN Fitness and Snap Fitness are a couple of high quality 24 hour gyms near you. You should be able to swim laps in the pools at any of the top five on the above list.
Holmes Place, Cem Joan Miró, Metropolitan Iradier, Dir, and BCN Fitness all offer zumba or other group aerobic dance classes in your area. Sharma Climbing and Climbat La Foixarda would get our vote for best indoor rock climbing gym in town.
We would love it if you could fill us in on any good gyms with childcare so we can add that info to the list, thanks.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
Lovecycle at Via Augusta 10 is a really good indoor cycling studio in town. Plus you can find group spinning classes at some of the best Barcelona gyms like Holmes Place, Cem Joan Miró, Metropolitan Iradier, Metropolitan Iradier, Dir, and BCN Fitness.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
There are some boxing and MMA gyms that might be where you start your quest for the belt:
- El Club de la Lucha at Carrer de Casp 147
- Entrena en Barcelona at C/ del Perú 179
- Muay Thai Thailand at Carrer de la Indústria 38
- Brooklyn Fitboxing Gracia at Carrer Gran de Gràcia 13
- MMA Barcelona Team at Carrer de Sardenya 401
- Academia Jiu-Jitsu at Carrer de Llull 16
- Gimnasio Puro Impacto at Carrer de Garcilaso 171
- Templum BCN Training at C/ d & Entença 113
If you aren’t trying to be the next world champ then the cardio boxing classes at Holmes Place, Cem Joan Miró, Metropolitan Iradier, Dir, and BCN Fitness will probably satisfy your needs.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Barcelona
For the best Barcelona yoga and pilates studios head to:
- Yoga Studio Barcelona at Plaça de la Universitat 4
- Hot Yoga at Carrer d & Aulèstia i Pijoan 14
- Jivamukti Yoga at Ronda de Sant Pere 19
- Yogaia at Passieg de San Juan 121
- Bikram Yoga at Carrer de Pau Claris 97
- Espai Yoga at c/ Provença 196
- Studio Australia at C/ Gran de Gracia 47
Of course plenty of the best gyms near you like Holmes Place, Cem Joan Miró, Metropolitan Iradier, Dir, and BCN Fitness also have local yoga and pilates classes. Addition group yoga lessons are available at Eurofitness and Sharma Climbing.
Unfortunately there are way too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to list what all of the above studios have to offer. Click on their links and choose the one that looks like it is most suited for your needs.
When you need a little extra motivation try a workout bootcamp in your area:
- Outdoor Circuits Bootcamp at Av. Vall d & Or 18
- Barcelona Bootcamp at Av. Emerencia Roig y Carrer de Salvador Robert Raventós 32
Holmes Place, Cem Joan Miró, and Dir are more places to find workout bootcamps.
Studio Australia from the yoga and pilates list is the only place we know of that offers barre fitness classes near you.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
These outdoor recreation areas are perfect for hiking, riding bikes, or being active on a sunny day:
- Plaza Catalunya
- Parc de la Ciutadella
- Parc Güell
- Costa Brava
- Mar Bella Beach
- Bogatell Beach
- Icaria Beach
- Laberint D’Horta
- Parc Natural de la Zona Volcànica de la Garrotxa
- Parc Natural del Delta del Ebre
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Barcelona
You will find plenty of new gear and equipment at these Barcelona sporting goods stores:
- Barrabes at Carrer Roger de Llúria 77
- Vèrtic at Carrer Rocafort 135
- Barça Store at Passeig de Gràcia 15
- Salewa Store at Carrer de la Canuda 41 43
- Bikila at Passeig de Pujades 7
- Nike Store at Passeig de Gràcia 29
- Decathlon Ciutat Vella at Carrer de la Canuda 20
Home Gym Equipment Near You
In our opinion the best place to buy home gym equipment in your area is Tienda Mundo Fitness located at Av. Corts Catalanes 9. Don’t forget that there will probably be more home gym and fitness equipment available at some of the above sporting goods stores.
In the past we have also discussed:
- Gyms & Fitness Classes in Valencia
- Gyms & Fitness Classes in Madrid
- Gyms & Fitness Classes in Seville
- Gyms & Fitness Classes in Paris
Enjoy Working Out At Barcelona Gyms
OK guys, all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you are waiting for you to show up. It would really help us and all of our readers out if you would use the comments to let us know if there is anything wrong on this page or to share your own local fitness tips.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Barcelona or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.