Today we will be discussing the best gyms in Porto as well as everything we know about working out near you. We know your time is valuable so we will get you in and out as quick as we can.
To get things going we will dive right in to the best gyms in Porto. Once they are out of the way we will mention the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes, plus our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in the area.
We certainly won’t want to leave out the best pilates and yoga studios near you either. As the post goes on we will cover other topics on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises.
We all may love going to the gym but it isn’t the only place to work out and we have lengthy list of outdoor recreation areas where you can get all kinds of great cardio. To end things the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment will be listed.
You may also be interested in reading more about Europe.
Best Gyms In Porto
When it is time to work out the best gyms in Porto are:
- Holmes Place Constitution at R. do Cantor Zeca Afonso 686
- Solinca Dragão at Estágio do Dragão
- Sports Center University Of Porto – Boa Hora at R. da Boa Hora 26
- Fitness Hut Antas at R. dos Campeões Europeanes 28-198
- Go Gym at R. Mte. Guilherme Camarinha 7
- Fitness UP Porto São João at Estrada da Circunvalação 7316
You can find a pool at the top three on the above list. Anyone that wants to try group zumba or cardio dance classes can do so at Holmes Place, Solinca Dragão, and Sports Center University. The University gym also has a basketball court.
We are not aware of any 24 hour gyms in Porto, or gyms that offer childcare while you workout.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
We don’t know of any dedicated indoor cycling studios in Porto but you can find group spinning classes at some of the above gyms like Go Gym, Holmes Places, and Fitness Hut.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
You can find cardio fighting classes at many places, but if you are hoping to improve your technique you should visit boxing and MMA gyms like:
- Skills Academy at R. do Zambeze 282
- Kickboxing Academy Boavista at R. de O Primeiro de Janeiro
- Barbosa Boxing Team at R. Eng. Ezequiel de Campos 405
- Academia 77 at Praceta Maestro Resende Dias 92 31
- Little Dragon Academy at R. do Monte Alegre 275
- Alliance Porto at R. de São Paulo 85
- Gfteam Porto Paranhos at R. Nova do Regado 225
For more cardio boxing options you can sign up for some of the gyms on our main list like Holmes Place, Sports Center University, Fitness Hut Antas, Go Gym, and Fitness Up.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Porto
We know many of you will be interested in these yoga or pilates studios in Porto:
- Centro de Yoga at R. de Alexandre Braga 124
- Vinyasa Yoga at R. de Júlio Dinis 580 2 Andar
- Inspire Fitness, Pilates & Yoga Studio at 30 Ave da Boavista
- Studio Fly at R. de Santo Ildefonso 366
- Vidya at Praça de Mouzinho de Albuquerque 127
- Freeflow Yoga at R. de Vale Formoso 284
- The Element Pilates Studio at Travessa da Prelada 516
Holmes Place, Solinca Dragão, and Go Gym also have group pilates and yoga classes. With all of the different types of poses and techniques these days like vinyasa, hatha flow, hot, bikram, power, ashtanga or more we really don’t know what you are after. For that reason you should look at the links to the above studios and choose the right one for you.
Workout Bootcamps & Barre Exercises
For the time being we are not aware of any barre exercise studios near you. You can find some workout bootcamps at Solinca Dragão.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
Now you have read about the best gyms in Porto, but you can also work out under the sun at these outdoor recreation areas that are great for hiking, running, or riding bikes:
- Parque da Cidade
- Arrábida Bridge
- Cais de Gaia
- Vila Chá
- Quinta das Corujeiras
- Quinta de Gatão
- Gaia’s rRverfront
- Parque da Cidade
- Douro River
- The Cais da Ribeira
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Porto
You may need to buy some things that will help you workout or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Porto are:
- Sport Zone Via Catarina at R. de Santa Catarina 312 – 350
- Fútbol Emotion at R. dos Campeões Europeus #28-198
- Patocycles at R. do Monte dos Burgos 964
- Horsefire Riding Articles at Av. de Fernão de Magalhães 1961
- Decathlon Porto Centro at R. de Fernandes Tomás 508
- Nike Store at R. João Mendonça 105
Home Gym Equipment Near You
We are not aware of any stores that specialize in home gym equipment. You can read more of our local fitness guides for cities like:
Enjoy Working Out At Porto Gyms
You just learned about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be sky high. By the way, it would be wonderful if you could share your own local fitness tips or let us know if we got anything wrong in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Porto or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.