Thanks for checking out this post on the best gyms in Lisbon. Our goal here at BestGymsNearYou is to cover as much as we can about working out in as short amount of a time as possible.
Since the majority of you are here for the best Lisbon gyms we will list and discuss them first. Once they are out of the way we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
Pilates and yoga studios near you will come next and we are sure plenty of you are here to learn more about them. Other trending subjects on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will get their own sections as well.
When the weather is nice you may prefer to work out under the sun so the top outdoor recreations areas in this area of Portugal will get a shout out. And finally the best local stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment will take us out of here.
Best Gyms In Lisbon
These best gyms in Lisbon are great spots to go for a quality workout:
- Holmes Place at Av. Fontes Pereira de Melo 16
- Academia Life Club at Av. Brasília 254
- Solinca at C. Colombo Loja A 201 Avenida Lusíada
- Fitness Hut at Av. Elias Garcia 76
- Lisbon Gym Club at Rua dos Anjos 63
- Pump Fitness Spirit Alvalade at R. Francisco Stromp 14
- Xxi CrossFit at R. Aliança Operária 41
- Vertigo Climbing Wall at Rio, Av. Infante Dom Henrique Fração S
- Vertical Wall Climbing at R. Angola 1 Frente
You should find a pool for swimming laps at the top three on the above list. For local zumba or group aerobic dance classes check out Holmes Place, Academia Life Club, Solinca, Fitness Hut, the Gym Club, or Pump Fitness Spirit.
Vertigo and Vertical would be the top two indoor climbing gyms in your area. At this time we do not know of any quality 24 hour gyms near you, or places that will provide childcare while you workout.
If you do know of any please inform us in the comments at the end of the post so we can add the info to this page, thanks.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
The best indoor cycling studio in the area is probably Cycling Fit Center at Av. Pádua Edifício Oriente 2. There are additional group spinning classes at Holmes Place, Academia Life Club, Solinca, Fitness Hut, the Gym Club, and Pump Fitness Spirit.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
For serious training try out these boxing and MMA gyms in your area:
- 1fight at Av. da República 42 B
- Unbreakables K.O. Team at R. Heróis dos Dembos 10B
- Vitoria at Av. Santos Dumont 57C
- Dinamite Team at Av. Ceuta LT 8
- Rounds Academy at R. Prof. Gomes Teixeira 19D
- Arena Fit & Fight Club at R. Fraternidade Operária 34abc
- Academia Five Element at R. do Sol ao Rato 59A
Some places from our original list also have local cardio boxing fitness classes like Holmes Place, Academia Life Club, Fitness Hut, The Gym Club, and Pump Fitness Spirit.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Lisbon
One of our more popular sections, here are the best yoga and pilates studios near you:
- Centro do Yoga do Lumiar at R. Prof. João Cândido de Oliveira 7
- Little Yoga Space at R. da Assunção 42
- Casa Vinyasa Ashtanga Yoga Shala at Av. Sidónio Pais 16
- Yoga Lab at R. Mouzinho da Silveira 27 #3B
- Hotpod Yoga at R. David de Sousa 10B
- Agora Yoga at R. Rafael de Andrade 23 2nd fl
- Aravindayogashala at R. Garrett 80 4
More yoga and pilates classes are available at Holmes Place, Academia Life Club, Solinca, The Gym Club, and Pump Fitness Spirit. If you feel like we keep listing the same places over and over that is because we are, and that is why they are on our main best Lisbon gyms list.
The thing is, there are far too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know exactly what you are after. The links to the above studios should help you end up in the right place.
PureGym Liverp, Holmes Place, and Solinca all have workout bootcamps. Plus working out at Xxi Crossfit can be like a bootcamp if you want it to be.
We don’t know of any specific local barre exercise studios, but Holmes Place does have barre fitness classes.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
As we mentioned before the gyms in Lisbon are not the only places to workout. Many people prefer to run or ride bikes outside and some great places for outdoor recreation around this part of Portugal are:
- Guincho Beach
- Sintra Hills
- River Tagus
- Carcavelos Beach
- Monsanto Park
- Tagus Estuary Nature Reserve
- Miradouro da Senhora do Monte
- Costa da Caparica
- Arrábida National Park
- Areia Branca Beach
- São Julião Beach
- Magoito Beach
- Adraga Beach
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Lisbon
You may need to buy some things that will help you work out or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Lisbon are:
- Loja Verde Official Store at R. Francisco Stromp
- Marcial Artsport Lda at R. Francisco Stromp Bloco D Lote B4
- Sport Zone at Av. Lusíada Centro comercial Colombo
- Decathlon Lisboa at Av. António Augusto de Aguiar 29H
- Nike Store Chiado at R. Garrett 23
Home Gym Equipment
Sport Zone and Decathlon from the sporting goods list would probably be the best places to buy home gym equipment in your area. By the way we have also written about:
- Gyms & Fitness in Porto
- Gyms & Fitness in Seville
- Gyms & Fitness in Madrid
- Gyms & Fitness in Barcelona
Enjoy Working Out At Lisbon Gyms
You just learned about a lot of gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you you should feel a lot better about what comes next. Our readers would really appreciate it if you would let us know if we said anything incorrect or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Lisbon or working out in whichever way you prefer.