The best gyms in Madrid will be covered in full for you today. Not only that but we are also going to share as much as we know about the local fitness scene.
We will go ahead and begin with the best Madrid gyms since they are likely how most of you found our site. Once they have been listed and discussed in detail we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
The best local yoga and pilates studios will be up next. Workout bootcamps and barre exercises are getting more popular by the day so they definitely deserve a shout out too.
Some of us prefer to head outdoors on a sunny day and we will list plenty of good outdoor recreations areas in the region where you can do just that. And to finish everything off the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will be how we end this.
But before we get out of here we will share a fitness map so that you can get a better understanding of the lay of the land if necessary. You can look through more of our posts on Spain if you are interested.
Best Gyms In Madrid
You can visit one of these best gyms in Madrid to get a great workout:
- Metropolitan Abascal at Calle de José Abascal 46
- Polideportivo at Paseo de la Puerta del Ángel 7
- Centro Deportivo at Calle de la Farmacia 13
- Club Deportivo Metropolitano at Calle Aravaca 7
- Arian Gym at Calle de la Flora 3
- Holiday Gym at Calle de Serrano Jover 3
- McFit at Paseo de Santa María de la Cabeza 50
- EnForma24Siete at Calle de Isaac Peral 14
- Anytime Fitness at Calle de Hermosilla 130
- Opera Gym at Calle de Fomento 3
- Urban Monkey at Calle de Tarragona 8
Enforma24siete and Anytime Fitness are a couple of quality 24 hour gyms near you. The top five on that list should all have a pool where you can swim laps.
Anyone that is into crossfit would enjoy the crossfit classes at Enforma24siete. There are also zumba or group aerobic dance classes available at Metropolitan Abascal, Club Deportivo Metropolitano, Holiday Gym, and McFit.
If you know of any gyms that provide childcare please tell us in the comments at the end of the post so we can add that info if it checks out.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
The classes at these indoor cycling and spinning studios in your area can help you lose weight quick:
You will definitely get a sweat in at those indoor cycling studios. Plus many of the best Madrid gyms have group spinning classes like Metropolitan Abascal, Club Deportivo Metropolitano, Arian Gym, and Holiday Gym.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
If you have dreams of being the next world champ head to one of these local boxing and MMA gyms:
- Club Deportivo José Valenciano at Calle de Andres Mellado 21
- Fightland at C. del Gral. Alvarez de Castro 20
- Boxing Club Suanzes at Calle de San Romualdo 26
- Brooklyn Fitboxing at Calle de Hortaleza 37
- Madison Boxing Gym at Calle de las Mártires Concepcionistas 6
- 47 MMA Studio at Calle Boyacá 1
- BJJ Madrid at Calle Aravaca 7
- Tatamisfera at Calle del Padre Oltra 54
Those who just want the cardio would be satisfied with the group boxing classes at Metropolitan Abascal, Club Deportivo Metropolitano, Arian Gym, Holiday Gym, Opera Gym, and Enforma24siete.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Madrid
You won’t be lacking for options and in our opinion the best Madrid yoga and pilates studios would be:
- Bikram Yoga Spain at Calle de Maldonado 52
- Zentro Urban Yoga at Calle de Claudio Coello 5
- Madrid City Yoga at Calle de los Artistas 43
- The Class Yoga at C. del Pinar 8
- Studio 34 Pilates & Yoga at Calle de Martín de Vargas 7
Metropolitan Abascal and Club Deportivo Metropolitano provide both yoga and pilates classes for their members. McFit has group yoga lessons, while pilates lessons in your area are available at Arian Gym, Opera Gym, and Enforma24siete.
The thing is, there are way too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know which you will prefer. The above studios should cover just about all of your needs.
The Trib3 Cuzco at Paseo de la Castellana 141 is a good workout bootcamp in your area that will get you in shape real fast.
At this time we don’t know about any barre exercise studios or group barre fitness classes at the best gyms near you. If you do know of any good places to find this trending workout tell us in the comments, thanks.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
When the weather is nice you can go hiking, ride bikes, or just be active at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Sierra de Guadarrama National Park
- Júcar River
- Hueco de las Hoces
- Somosierra Mountains
- Buen Retiro
- Abedular Canencia
- La Pedriza
- Senda Ecológica de Canencia
- Parque Natural de Peñalara
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Madrid
There will be all kinds of new gear and equipment at these Madrid sporting goods stores:
- Moya Sports at Avenida del Mediterráne 26
- Deportes Princesa at Calle de la Princesa 72
- Bikila Central at Av. Donostiarra 2
- Caribbean Sport Shop at Cl. de Ayala 110
- Nike at C. Gran Vía 38
- Decathlon at Paseo de Santa María de la Cabeza 1
Home Gym Equipment Near You
You can probably find some at those stores we just listed, but you can also buy home gym equipment near you at:
- Technogym at Calle de Claudio Coello 77
- Calmera Fitness at C. de Atocha 119
Just so you know we have also covered:
- Working Out At Barcelona Gyms
- Working Out At Valencia Gyms
- Working Out At Lisbon Gyms
- Working Out At Paris Gyms
Enjoy Working Out At Madrid Gyms
You should feel more prepared than ever after learning about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you.
You can really help us and all of our readers out by letting us know if there is anything wrong on this page or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Madrid or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.