We are about to discuss everything we know about the best gyms in Lexington and working out around town. It won’t take us long to cover just about everything you need to know about your local fitness scene.
The best gyms near you will be how we kick this off but there is still plenty more to come after that. We will talk about the best places to go for spinning and indoor cycling, as well as the best boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
Once they have been fully broken down we will dive into the best pilates and yoga studios in Lexington. Other topics on working out near you like bootcamps and barre exercises will be getting their own sections in this fitness guide too.
You can easily get a sweat in outside of the best gyms so the top outdoor recreation areas in the region will get a mention. And following all of that we will talk about where you can buy sporting goods and home gym equipment in Lexington.
There is a local fitness map at the end that will help you figure out where all of these places are located, plus you can look through more of our posts on the Southeast there if you want.
Best Gyms In Lexington
Here is our list of the best gyms in Lexington for working out:
- Lexington Athletic Club at 3882 Mall Road
- Esporta Fitness at 3001 Blake James Dr
- North Lexington Family YMCA at 381 W Loudon Ave
- Beaumont YMCA at 3251 Beaumont Centre Cir
- Proof Fitness at 4101 Tates Creek Centre Dr #164
- Ultimate Ninja at 120 Payne St
- Wildcat Fitness at 4750 Hartland Pkwy #120
- Planet Fitness at 125 E Lowry Ln
- Orangetheory Fitness at 2369 Richmond Rd #120
- LEF Climbing at 916 N Broadway
Lexington Athletic Club has basketball and racquetball courts, a swimming pool, and an indoor running track. Lexington Family YMCA and Beaumont YMCA have basketball courts, swimming pools, and can provide childcare while you work out.
They also have other sports activities such as baseball, soccer, volleyball, and flag football. A swimming pool is also available at Esporta Fitness while LEF Climbing is a good option for indoor rock climbing walls.
Wildcat Fitness and Planet Fitness are a couple of good 24 hour gyms near you.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
There are many great spinning and indoor cycling classes for cardio in your area and some of the best are:
Other places that also have group spinning or indoor cycling clases are Lexington Athletic Club, Esporta Fitness, Proof Fitness, North Lexington Family YMCA, and Beaumont YMCA.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
Fighting is also great cardio and the best boxing and MMA gyms near you are:
- HITS Fitness at 2520 Nicholasville Rd #30
- Four Seasons Martial Arts & Fitness at 951 Floyd Dr #100
- Martial Arts USA at 260 Meijer Way
- Elite Martial Arts-Lexington at 3120 Pimlico Pkwy #110
You can also try out the local boxing classes at Proof Fitness plus North Lexington Family YMCA and Beaumont YMCA have some martial arts classes.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Lexington
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios in Lexington like:
- Sterling Hot Yoga Lexington at 185 Pasadena Dr #140
- Wildfire Yoga at 833 National Ave
- Ivy League Strength at 145 Burt Rd #4
- Barefoot Yoga Works at 1050 Chinoe Rd #106
- Solidcore at 118 Marion #140
Yoga classes can also be found at Lexington Athletic Club, Esporta Fitness, Proof Fitness, North Lexington Family YMCA, and Beaumont YMCA. If you are after any specific pose or technique follows those links until you end up on the right studio for you.
As much as we would like to give more detail when there are so many poses including vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more it is impossible for us to break it all down.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to workout bootcamps and you can find some here like:
- Burn Boot Camp at 363 Thompson Rd
- Lex Fitness at 332 N Ashland Ave #110
- Man O’ War Fitness at 175 W Lowry Lane #116
We have also linked you to Lexington Athletic Club, Esporta Fitness, and Proof Fitness who also have workout bootcamps in your area. Lex Fitness is another 24 hour gym to consider.
Barre exercises are getting more popular by the day and good places to try them out are:
Other places that also have barre classes are Proof Fitness and Wildfire Yoga.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
You can workout pretty much anywhere so you don’t always have to go to the gym. Many people prefer to run or ride bikes when the weather is nice and some great places for outdoor recreation and fitness are:
- Kentucky Horse Park
- Thoroughbred Park
- Fort Boonesborough
- Daniel Boone National Forest
- Raven Run Sanctuary Trail
- Veterans Park Trail
- Jacobson Park
- Downtown Parks
- Legacy Trail
- Berea College Forest
- Buckley Wildlife Sanctuary
- Quiet Trails Nature Preserve
- Herrington Lake
- Elkhorn Creek
- Kentucky River
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Lexington
You may need to buy some things that will help you workout or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Lexington are:
- The Locker Room at 739 Lane Allen Rd
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 3645 Nicholasville Rd
- Backwater Outfitters at 1066 E New Circle Rd #4
- Cabela’s at 1510 Conservation Way
- Sportsman’s Warehouse at 2200 War Admiral Way #140
- John’s Run/Walk Shop at 317 S Ashland Ave
- Golf Exchange at 3069 Richmond Rd
Home Gym Equipment Near You
Scheller’s Fitness & Cycling at 1987 Harrodsburg Road is a good place to buy home gyms and fitness equipment as are some of those other sporting goods stores like the Dick’s Sporting Goods in your area.
Just so you know we have also written about:
- Louisville Spinning, Barre, & Yoga Studios
- Cincinnati Spinning, Barre, & Yoga Studios
- Columbus Spinning, Barre, & Yoga Studios
- St Louis Spinning, Barre, & Yoga Studios
Enjoy Working Out At Lexington Gyms
Now that you have read about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be sky high. By the way, if you notice anything out of date on this page or if you have any of your own fitness tips to share please tell us in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Lexington or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.