We hope that everyone visiting our site will learn a little something about the best gyms in Amsterdam by the time they finish reading this post. Our only real objective is to cover the local fitness scene as well as possible.
We can’t think of a better way to begin than by jumping right into the best Amsterdam gyms since they are probably what most of you are here for. After we have discussed them we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes plus our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
Up next will be the best yoga and pilates studios around the region. These days workout bootcamps and barre exercises are getting quite trendy so they will need to be broken down too.
There are many good outdoor recreations areas in this part of the Netherlands that will be perfect places to be active on a sunny day. And to get us out of here we will fill you in on the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you.
But before we wrap it all up there will be a local fitness map to help you get a better understanding of where all these places are. You can look through more of our posts on numerous cities around Europe if you are interested.
Best Gyms in Amsterdam
Here is our list of the best gyms in Amsterdam for working out:
- Clubsportive at Gustav Mahlerlaan 24
- Splash Healthclub Leidseplein at Lijnbaansgracht 241
- Health Club Jordaan at 1e Rozendwarsstraat 10
- Olympic Gym Amsterdam at Olympisch Stadion 23
- Sportcity at Wibautstra at 224
- Vondelgym at Overtoom 143
- Basic-Fit at Baarsjesweg 224
- Monk Bouldergym at Aambeeldstraat 26
Basic-Fit is a high quality 24 hour gym near you for those who need access any time night or day. Clubsportive is where you need to go to be able to swim laps in a pool.
Dance to the music at the zumba classes at Health Club Jordaan, Sportcity, Basic-Fit, and Vondelgym. Parents who need childcare while they work out can find it at Olympic Gym.
Monk Bouldergym would get our vote for best indoor rock climbing gym in your area.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
When you want to lose weight quick visit one of these indoor cycling and spinning studios near you:
- Rocycle City Center at Nieuwe Passeerdersstraat 12
- Vélo at Albert Cuypstraat 35
- City Alps at Polderweg 190
You can get a great sweat in at those indoor cycling studios plus many of the best Amsterdam gyms have group spinning classes like Clubsportive, Splash Healthclub, and Sportcity.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
When you want to lose weight quick visit one of these indoor cycling and spinning studios in your area:
- Ptboxing at Westerdoksdijk 525
- Eastbound Gym at Tweede van Swindenstraat 1
- Mejiro Gym B.V. at Lauriergracht 86 HS
- Amsterdam Training Center at H.J.E. Wenckebachweg 6
- R-Grip at Tweede Kostverlorenkade 69
- Carlson Gracie at Hendrik van Wijnstraat 10
- Amsterdambjj at Lumeijstraat 2
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy at Amstelvlietstraat 161
If the belt isn’t your goal then the cardio boxing classes at Clubsportive, Splash Healthclub, Sportcity, and Vondelgym might also offer what you are after.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Amsterdam
For the best Amsterdam yoga and pilates studios head to:
- LiveYoga Amsterdam at Celebesstraat 6
- Movements Yoga at Overtoom 230 -232
- Svaha Yoga Jordaan Studio at Willemsstraat 133
- Studio 191 at Lutmastraat 191
- The New Yoga School at Laurierstraat 109
- Delight Yoga at Weteringschans 53
- Yagoy West at Postjesweg 106-1
- Hot Flow Yoga Zuid at Koninginneweg 221
Many of the best gyms near you also have pilates and yoga classes like Clubsportive, Splash Healthclub, and Sportcity. And you can find more local yoga lessons at Health Club Jordaan, Basic-Fit, and Vondelgym.
Unfortunately there are way too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to list what all of the above studios have to offer. Click on their links and choose the one that looks like it is most suited for your needs.
When you need a little extra motivation try a workout bootcamp:
- No More Excuses Bootcamp at Hudsonstraat 71
- Expat Bootcamp at Overtoom 371
- Dope Camp at Erasmus Park
- Wilson’s Workouts at Overtoom 371
Sportcity is another place to find workout bootcamps in your area.
We don’t know of any specifically barre exercise studios but Clubsportive from our main list and Studio 191 and Movements from the yoga list do have group barre fitness classes.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
These outdoor recreation areas are perfect for hiking, riding bikes, or being active on a sunny day:
- Waterland Nature Reserve
- River Amstel
- Architectural Cycling Route
- Sportplaza Mercator
- Hortus Botanicus
- Plantagebuurt Walk
- Fun Forest
- Wijk aan Zee Beach
- Velsen-Noord Beach
- IJmuiden Beach
- Amsterdam Forest
- The Golden Curve
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Amsterdam
You may need to buy some things that will help you workout or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Amsterdam are:
- Old Man Boardsports at Damstraat 14
- Carl Denig at Weteringschans 113-115
- Bever at Stadhouderskade 4
- Run2Day at Overtoom 345-351
- Nike Factory Store at 8-60 Zuidermolenweg
- Decathlon at Johan Cruijff Blvd 101
Home Gym Equipment Near You
That previous list will also have some, but you can buy more home gym equipment at:
Just so you know we have also covered the local fitness scene in:
Enjoy Working Out At Amsterdam Gyms
There shouldn’t be any excuses left now that you have read about all of those local gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be sky high. By the way, if you notice anything out of date on this page or if you have any of your own tips to share please tell us in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Amsterdam or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.